• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ: the one that got away?

Stayne Falls

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think that's a definite possibility. The other guy friend I have, that also happens to be born on July 7th, 1986, is also an INFJ.

I've only recently gotten into MBTI. Been researching it as an aim to better understand why I do things (the J in me is what has been wrecking havoc and I'm trying to figure it out) for a few months.

Wreaking havoc, really? I've found the J in me is my most useful attribute. Without I would be entirely aimless with no purpose or ambition. I take it you don't feel the same way?

redacted

I think that's a definite possibility. The other guy friend I have, that also happens to be born on July 7th, 1986, is also an INFJ.

I've only recently gotten into MBTI. Been researching it as an aim to better understand why I do things (the J in me is what has been wrecking havoc and I'm trying to figure it out) for a few months.

Let me know if you find a statistically significant correlation between birthdates and MBTI type, heh.

not gonna happen

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm learning to be less surprised when this sort of remark escapes Ts. Shattering misconceptions is so enlightening. :happy:

That's not the way it works? Fe isn't about people management? And if the person's on your mind, then the Fe's not in his business?

The INFJ I know, she curses a lot. Like:

Her: We're coming over, meet us for bar-b-cue.
Me: Don't wanna. Busy.
Her: Fuck you, c'mon!

Fe that's a little stand-offish.:smile:

Bravo! Have you been abstractly musing aloud or do we interest you...
or both? :devil:

INFJs. Mordant watchers.

Since discovering MBTI for myself I made the preposterous further discovery that different people function in different ways. Explained a lot. INFJs, in my experience, are the easiest to recognises as a kind of same-different. Sort of becuase there's a thing I've found a lot in my life, namely that few, few, diminishingly few people want to go as far as I do into talking about the basis of things. Conversations founder because I've gone somewhere in words that another person isn't going to follow, and I'm left with the lonely function of making pronouncements rather than engaging in understanding. INFJs--cursing vixens--keep up, if the topic is right. And it's somehow easy to immediately respect what they say when I'm interested in their topic because I sort of know their ideas came into their mind the same way mine would for me. Sort of. Something. Not sure.

But that, and I'm scared of Fe. Gotta face the fear.

That which doesn't kill me leaves me broken and confused. Nietzsche was a putz.

Oh noes!111!!! Prepare to be bombarded with madd INFJ huggles, rays of sunshine, and CareBear stares as a result of your recent excavations!

You guys do that?! I'm going to have to re-think the whole "grouchy hippie" image.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
Wreaking havoc, really? I've found the J in me is my most useful attribute. Without I would be entirely aimless with no purpose or ambition. I take it you don't feel the same way?

I love it and hate it. I might be happier if I were more laid back, but I definitely wouldn't make a living as an artist if it weren't for the J.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
Let me know if you find a statistically significant correlation between birthdates and MBTI type, heh.

not gonna happen

I'd be curious, but I'm not hugely into astrology. I think most of it is crap.