• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Are you a good driver?

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
Sorry if there's another thread on this somewhere else...

But, yeah, that's the question. Can you drive? Or are you scary behind the wheel?

I think I can drive ok (hehe, of course this is my opinion, right), I just miss turns alot, or end up going somewhere else than originally planned, only to realize it way to late.

So...that's it I guess. :)

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been driving for less than two years and I've already hit another car--so NO I'm not a good driver :(

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
On the scale of 1-10 (honest assessment here)... prolly an 8.

I get speeding tickets, though.. Cross my fingers!

Intuition-wise- I've been pretty lucky. No need for modern gadgets for navigation- I have one built-in. I find my way around things real easily using my intuition (even if it's a place I've never visited). Teheh

V

violaine

Yup, I practiced for soooo long before I went for my license - I got stuck in the 'preparation loop'. I wanted to be able to do things perfectly. One of my pet peeves is people who cannot reverse park correctly, lol, I didn't want to be one of those people. ;)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i would consider myself a good driver if not excellent

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
If by good driver you mean getting you from point A to point B in one piece than yes I am a good driver, what happens in between I cannot be accounted for.:D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've only gotten into one accident in my life. And I got that taken off my record because the intersection is known for wrecks because of the design. but yeah oh and I've only gotten one speeding ticket. I also don't drive in chicago, so I guess if I only drive twice a year then can't say if I'm a good driver or not. of course the accident and ticket happened when I was in highschool and drove all the time.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what if this thread is in the NF section.... it says nothing about NO NTs RESPOND! :)

I've been driving for 9 years, I've totalled 2 cars and drove another into the ground. However, I also drive the average of 600 or so miles in a week, so I think I'm doing fairly well by keeping the number that low :yes:

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
So what if this thread is in the NF section.... it says nothing about NO NTs RESPOND! :)

I've been driving for 9 years, I've totalled 2 cars and drove another into the ground. However, I also drive the average of 600 or so miles in a week, so I think I'm doing fairly well by keeping the number that low :yes:

So by the law of averages when are you going to total your next car?:D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
by law of patterns, in 3 years in November ;)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've been driving for only 3 months now, with my permit, and I think I'm alright..I'm not a slow driver at all, and I'm not an extreme daredevil. I have problems with paying attention to the road sometimes..but other than that, I love the freedom that driving offers.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
My friends make fun of me for my poor driving skills but they still let me drive them places!
Never have been in an accident but have been close...

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Well i'm from New England and we supposedly have the worst drivers in the country.. however I consider myself a good driver. My only downfall is the damn speed traps I tend to get alot of speeding tickets:doh: I always avoid close calls I think it's because I have quick repsonse times. My favorite state to drive in is Massachusetts I love crossing the border because I can go 90 and I know no one is gonna pull me over and you can drive in the breakdown lane :D

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Apparently, I'm a scary person to ride with. I rarely take other people places, but they're scared when I do.

Okay, so I've ran off the road twice in my 5 years of driving (holy shit, it's been 5 years) but I've not hit or killed anyone yet. On a scale from 1-10, I'd put me at a 7. I mean, I obey the posted limits to within 5 MPH over, and that's somewhat good, right?

But other people riding with me think I'm "scary". They can't really tell if I'm paying attention or not. But I am. It's just I space out while driving and go on autopilot.. and they think I've actually spaced completely out.

Gauche

If you tell me to take you somewhere, you will get there. Dead or alive.

JohnZero

MBTI Type
INFP
I am a good driver when I am alone. Hard for me to drive with others in my truck though.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK

Yeah, I should have posted this somewhere else, since it wasn't intended to be NF specific. :doh:

A guy I know at work, has totalled three cars and a truck. He was 24 at the time, I mean when he told me this. He drove one into a river, wrapped one around a tree, and flew one off a 20 foot drop. I can't remember what he did with the truck.

But yeah, he is a package delivery guy now, who drives a big ass truck. :)

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
Well i'm from New England and we supposedly have the worst drivers in the country.. however I consider myself a good driver. My only downfall is the damn speed traps I tend to get alot of speeding tickets:doh: I always avoid close calls I think it's because I have quick repsonse times. My favorite state to drive in is Massachusetts I love crossing the border because I can go 90 and I know no one is gonna pull me over and you can drive in the breakdown lane :D

I wish I had quicker response time. Especially when it comes to honking. For some reason I am on a five second time delay, so I usually end up not even honking. If my wife is with me, she will honk for me. haha

I think I'm very lucky to have never had a speeding ticket. I have a hard time doing the limit.

*crosses fingers*

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They say most folks think they are, but I think I really am. The only accident I've been in was someone else hitting me (rainy roads, gloomy day, congested highway, everyone stopped, she wasn't paying attention until the last moment, tried to avoid me but clipped the right side of my bumper). I get speeding tickets here and there, though--I will admit while my driving abilities are usually sharp, my attitude shifts over time (from conservative/fuel efficiency maximizing habits, to aggressive & forceful driving, including speeding) and seems to oscillate, getting better after I've had my 2nd ticket in 2 years or so ;) I've never wrecked a car and I've narrowly avoided some close ones before. I drive a lot though, so I have plenty of practice--my workplace is ~45mi away and I usually put ~35K miles a year on my car. I also prefer driving manual transmission... that gives you a more "intimate" feel of the mechanics of driving ;) Oh, and All-Wheel-Drive for the fucking win. Most folks tell me they feel comfortable/safe with me driving, especially in contrast to some of my friends.

Winter driving always puts me on edge but I have enough experience and knowledge of all the mechanics involved to negotiate it.

Motorcycling, OTOH... I'm OK at it, wouldn't call myself "good" though. I think I tend to fall into a pattern of aggressive riding and that is *not* cool. I wouldn't consider myself "good" at motorcycling until I've tried a multitude of bikes (I've only rode a maxi-scooter so far on the highway, and a small starter bike during the Motorcycle Safety course) and rode with passengers on the back for a while. Maybe someday.

Wouldn't mind learning how to drive a racecar though :D I think that would be a lot of fun for me.