• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Clumsiness

wanderlust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do any other NFs find themselves more clumsy than others?

I'm extremely ungraceful/uncoordinated/unbalanced/clumsy (whatever you want to call it) and find myself tripping, falling, slipping, etc. on a regular basis.

I was thinking this could be attributed to lack of living in the present we seem to have. Ni more so than Ne, maybe? We are the idealist dreamers. :D

Or could this just be more of an I rather than E thing? Or maybe it has nothing to do with any of the functions, if so then sorry for wasting time, and I'm just a sad person who is in definite need of some balancing lessons. Dance, maybe?
:moonwalk:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I find during things I'm adept at, I'm okay. But I am clumsy. I frequently roll my ankle, or slip down stairs, or things like this. I must have hit my head a billion times on my HWMMV.. making me realize I HAD to wear my helmet before ever stepping foot near the vehicle.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was constantly running into things when I was a teenager. Even running into corners of walls when I would turn a corner and catch my hip bone.

I also fall UP the stairs. I would love to know if anyone else does that maneuver.

wanderlust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I also fall UP the stairs. I would love to know if anyone else does that maneuver.

I do this constantly! Don't worry, you're not alone. :hug: I don't even know how I manage it. I have two left feet, haha.

Also, this is quite funny, and I have no idea how I can have such bad luck with this. Once, in middle school, we were having gym class. It was mandatory to run laps around the field as a warm up before every class. So there I was, running, uncoordinatedly, around the field. I was off in my own thoughts (like usual) and BAM! I was on the ground. I had ran straight into one of the poles for the soccer post thingy. Out of the hundreds of feet I had available to me, subconsciously I found the only 4 inches around that could injure me, yay.... :doh:

I also can't play sports to save my life, and have been hit on the head countless times with whatever utensil is needed to play a given sport. Tennis balls, baseballs, soccer balls, basket balls, golf balls (this one wasn't my head - back), footballs, even a hockey puck. It's almost as if whatever could hurt me, if it's around, magnetically finds itself called to me at an alarming pace. :dry:

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was constantly running into things when I was a teenager. Even running into corners of walls when I would turn a corner and catch my hip bone.

Hooray for clumsy people. I have fallen up the stairs more than my fair share of times. People generally give me a strange look and ask if I meant I fell 'down' the steps and I immediately correct them. "Nope, I'm pretty sure it was up." Of course, my friends believe me and they find my bouts of uncoordination pretty amusing. :blush:

Just last night, for instance, I was put in charge of carrying the pizza out of the pizza place and I proceeded to catch the corner of the largest box on the door frame [I thought I'd given myself enough leeway...] and wound up smashing my arm and chest into the other end. My friend thought it was pretty funny...I'm glad I've learned how to laugh at myself. It's not the worst that has happened- there are days when I think it's not safe to even move at all- and other days where I've gone so long without tripping or running into something that I wonder if I've stumbled into some parallel universe where I'm not clumsy... :) and then I promptly stub my toe on the corner of my desk.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My NF mom is the clumsiest person I've ever met. But I know some coordinated NFs, too. I dunno.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NF sister is the clumsiest person I know :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
there are two people at my work who are very clumsy.. they bump into things a lot and knock things down..

they are both enfp's. (and overweight so its easier to bump things)

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. For example today I walked into a parked car, but I attribute this to inferior Se. I was reading in an enneagram book that 4s (which is the majority of INFJs) have the underlying issue of feeling they have no identity/feeling lost, and this sometimes even manifests itself in a tendency to lose direction in the physical environment. It also said 4s are prone to feel dizzy.

AgentOrange

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm extremely clumsy, and the messiest eater I know. However, I've met NF's that make me swoon with their gracefulness.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Yeah. I'm pretty clumsy too. Been that way since I was a kid.

I'm even clumsy when I play video games. I don't know how many times I've killed Mario by running into Goombas. Despite that, I beat the ENTIRE game. That, and Bubble Bobble. My trick is to constantly shoot bubbles everywhere I run, which really helps on the last level. (I'm never too old to play video games!)

Besides that, I pride myself in my driving skills. Most times.. Other times.. I do have a habit of running over curbs. Popped a tire once. But, I'm champ at driving, overall, especially on wide-lane freeways (maybe not in Boston, though -Big Dig area's waay too scary for me). Oh and parking backwards. A+ lol

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm super clumsy...and people are actually also kind of afraid to drive with me because they say i just don't seem to pay attention to my surroundings much...i'd like to be offended but it's totally true, i think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm extremely clumsy, and the messiest eater I know. However, I've met NF's that make me swoon with their gracefulness.

it's actually funny...people say this about me too...they always have...i don't know why...but people remark on my mannerisms as being graceful and poised or whatever...but...i don't get it...maybe it's a subconscious overcompensating thing because i am so clumsy haha.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I'm pretty good at go-carts though.. ;P

I remember racing a group of guys in a different country once. I beat all their asses. They were like: "You must be American, right?" Damn right, beatch!

I always wanted a souped up car to drive in when I was a teen. Never got one. Lotus Elises are the next cars I want to try out. I'd NEVER want to be a racecar driver though.. I just like the excitement- Vroom.. Vroom!

wanderlust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. For example today I walked into a parked car, but I attribute this to inferior Se. I was reading in an enneagram book that 4s (which is the majority of INFJs) have the underlying issue of feeling they have no identity/feeling lost, and this sometimes even manifests itself in a tendency to lose direction in the physical environment. It also said 4s are prone to feel dizzy.

I can generally know where I'm going, but it's the small things in the way, the little details in front of me, that I don't notice. LOL. When I'm really stressed though, I could be in a place I've been too 100 times, and not know where I'm going.

I can totally relate to this. I'm a 4 too. I feel dizzy really often. I have a tendency to faint. I normally relate this to extremely low blood pressure, and my squeamishness, but now I guess I can add it on to being a 4 also.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Surprisingly no. I am usually aware of my surroundings. Plus I know what my home looks like and where things are without having to view them. In other words, if I went blind tomorrow I'd be okay, well indoors lol.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, I can trip over a flat surface. I only wish I was joking.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
lol my friend is an INFP and she's always tripping or something..she told me one day her dog ran behind her and knocked her down the stairs. I couldn't help but laugh. And she works outdoors too and she's always falling on rocks. I never really thought of this being an NF thing!

Gauche

Well, I'm not clumsy at all. The other might be the truth.. I'm aware of my surroundings and veer around everything - damn close, but never collide. It's like kind of sport for me.

Another question would be the relation between clumsiness and anxiety, when you are around people. You know what I mean, when you know someone is watching you and you get uncomfortable and just mess up everything you do. Could be an NF thing as well.