• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Help me with some INFJ bait...

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I just wanted to give an update on this thread. It was really just a concept however I wanted to see if it could be applied and work. I had about 8 people respond and all of them turned out to be INxx with two INFJs, an INFP, IxTJ, two INTJs and I think the only INxx type that didn't respond was an INTP now that I think about it. Oh, just dawned on me there was another IXFJ in there...

Of these people I had already met the INFP as I purchased some climbing gear from her back in August and oddly I typed her as an INFP at the time though I didn't talk with her then beyond the purchase I was making. Only the IXTJ was of any interest to me from a possible chemistry standpoint as we seemed to click very well but I couldn't figure out if we were both using S filters or if something wasn't right. That prompted me to ask what her % was on the N/S and when she said like 51% that made sense to me.

Anyway, I think the above is pretty telling that you can word a personal post to attract a high number of one personality type. Ultimately I would not call myself a fan of online dating in any capacity, it just happens to be very easy for me and my lifestyle. I also like weeding people out based on personality and seeing if there's an attraction from there. The other way around seems to waste too much time.

So there you have it and here's the post I put up:

This is going to be a little different than most posts. I'm not looking for a playmate or soulmate, I want to find a mindmate. Somebody like myself who would like to feel emotionally and mentally/intellectually (not to be confused with formal education) connected to someone in this world but tends to get that "beached whale look". You know, where you share some huge part of yourself or you need somebody to be there for you (instead of always being there for everybody else) so you spill your guts and you just get that blank look. Like they want to help, you know they care about or even love you but you also know they have no clue what to say or how to handle that part/side of you. If most of the following fits you keep reading:

You need your alone time.
You tend to enjoy darker humor.
You're shy but have a wildly adventurous side.
You hate when people come over unannounced.
You would rather eat rusty nails than make small talk.
It takes you a long time to open up to and trust new people.
You love brainstorming and spend a lot of time inside your own head.
You hate people trying to control you and you don't try to control others.
When you go on a date you pay attention to how he treats the wait staff.
You're equally anal and giving me credit for organizing these from shortest to longest.

If you can relate to most of those I think we would be a good match for one another. I'm well spoken, educated, quick witted, in shape, honest, caring, kind, not afraid of love and I don't play games. I am extroverted so there won't be any awkward silences getting to know each other. I would honestly just like to know that there is somebody else on this planet looking for the same type of relationship/connection that I am.

The only thing I ask is that you be:

A non-smoker
Slender or athletic
Between 22 and 32

I don't say a whole lot about myself in here but if you're interested so far send me an email and we can let the communication flow naturally.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From a online profile standpoint, the problem with your profile is that the first 2/3's of it is about what YOU want, but does little to address what SHE wants. You don't get into that until near the end... and you may have already lost them by that point. You gotta give her a reason to continue reading before you go into the 'this is what I want' deal.

I'd say female INFJs can often be suckers for an outdoorsy and adventurous guy that is also deep and reflective. Communicate that FIRST, then you can provide your checklist if you wish.

At least, that's my opinion.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks Udog, this thread has been funny in that it has had a mind of its own. If you noticed my post was commenting on how my "experiment" went not asking for help with it. I think getting that many of the rarest female types to respond speaks for itself on the post so if you read again you will notice I was updating that the idea I had can in fact work.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, misunderstood the first part of your post.