• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Help me with some INFJ bait...

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah complaining about how INXX types don't get out much won't do you any favours.

To sum it up, they've all told you that they don't like the thought of looking for a guy on craigslist. I certainly wouldn't look for a girl there. There are other sites that are less mainstream and more friendly to INXX types. All you have to do is put up an honest profile with quality subtle jokes, try not to sound too overwhelming. When you think you have put together a quality profile look for girls. Since you sound like you know what you want, look for girls that embody this and message them.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and if my goal was just to find a girl or not be single your advice I'm sure would be very helpful. I have no troubles in this area however and I have no difficulties meeting people in person locally.

I wonder if I could come up with a post that would call out any one type. Being an ENTP I could word a post that would get a heavily ENTP response so I'm wondering if anybody has ideas to help come up with one that will draw out INFJs.

There was my goal that has somehow been overlooked or (hasn't really been addressed at least) for 60 posts.

Again I feel the need to say I'm not being argumentative or intentionally rude as I know I often come off that way. I know threads have a mind of their own I just wasn't expecting this one to take this spin :)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thank you for taking the time to respond and if my goal was just to find a girl or not be single your advice I'm sure would be very helpful. I have no troubles in this area however and I have no difficulties meeting people in person locally.

I think this is something people fail to realize about the ENTP. We have no trouble finding people to be with. We have trouble finding the right person to be with.

Neil Young explains it better than I ever could and he even sings it the way I feel it:

"Heart Of Gold"

I want to live,
I want to give
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean
for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind,
it's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

Keep me searching
for a heart of gold
You keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm growing old.
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was my goal that has somehow been overlooked or (hasn't really been addressed at least) for 60 posts.

I wonder if I could come up with a post that would call out any one type. Being an ENTP I could word a post that would get a heavily ENTP response so I'm wondering if anybody has ideas to help come up with one that will draw out INFJs.

I understand how this got lost in the shuffle, but I wrote this at the end of my initial post --I think if you're just 100% real, you can't go too wrong. Then it's just a matter of whether there's any connection, similar ground, and chemistry.

I still stand by that. I am drawn to genuineness, and people being themselves. I want to see the 'real them'. Authenticity. Uniqueness. Not trying to put on a show. After seeing that, I am then in a position to know whether there's possibility, chemistry, common ground, etc. The reason I stress wanting to see the 'real them', without giving more detail as far as what *I* in particular would be drawn to (because the particulars will vary between the INFJ's), is because I don't want my desires to shape their responses and what they do write. I don't want to influence what they choose to write, or how they act, or whatever, in other words. Because then it seems a bit more manipulative to me - them writing or doing what they know I want to hear or see and what they know will draw me in. Seems more artificial to me. I don't know...now I'm babbling and I think this sounds worse than what I really mean..I'm just having a hard time articulating my thought.:blush: Maybe it's that I don't want to influence their true character and soul? I want to see them for who they really are, as an individual? (I'm going off-topic now, sorry)

But I think others have given constructive advice as well - even A Schitzel. Quality jokes, not too overwhelming, it sounds like you know the drill anyway. But I'm with ya 100% on wanting to find that special someone, as I haven't found him yet, and believe me, he's a long time coming. :)

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think this is something people fail to realize about the ENTP. We have no trouble finding people to be with. We have trouble finding the right person to be with.

Neil Young explains it better than I ever could and he even sings it the way I feel it:

"Heart Of Gold"

I want to live...

that was sorta depressing-yet-hopeful. Infjs have the same trouble, finding that person to be with, except, it's really really hard because we're not so hot at meeting people either.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Amen! I think we have the ability to energize people as we have that side of us that's so charismatic, much like if you catch us during one of our "ah ha" moments.

The other day I was making a total fool of myself in front of the four girls at the Sprouts checkout. They were all laughing and smiling and I know I could have gotten any of their numbers. I also knew I wasn't interested in dating any of them and I don't hunt girls as a sport.

Every place I shop the people know me well and by first name. So as my possible future husband (I'll be the one to get down on my knee and ask) if gay marriage is ever legal Synarch says. The issue is finding people that I have even the slightest amount of interest in.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
that was sorta depressing-yet-hopeful. Infjs have the same trouble, finding that person to be with, except, it's really really hard because we're not so hot at meeting people either.

I have always felt that we are all waiting for the same thing. This applies to many aspects of life. I just decided long ago that I would search for it rather than wait for it to come to me. So I fly through the woods and occasionally alight on a branch to sing my song, cocking my ear for a response.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...you ENTPs are sounding like NFs here. Very scary.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
if you wanted to post a personals ad to get an infj I'd say do something like this:

"Genuine nerd looking a longlasting love"

"Hello. I'm an authentic, enthusiastic, intelligent male. (good qualities that might appeal to infj) Not perfect mind you. I'm a neat freak and can be unintentionally overblunt (note the admitance of faults) but I'm working on those (the desire to change). I like [something], [something], [something], [something funny that an infj will probably interpret as possibly true but will be humored and intrigued about]. I'm looking for a relationship that can be intense, deep, and sweet. I'm not a short-term kinda guy....blah blah blah, more stuff along that line. Hope you meet you soon."

;) maybe I'm not the best one to be trying to make light-hearted posts....

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I understand how this got lost in the shuffle, but I wrote this at the end of my initial post --I think if you're just 100% real, you can't go too wrong. Then it's just a matter of whether there's any connection, similar ground, and chemistry.

I totally agree I think I just see that as a give in but your statement is a testament to the troubles with dating. Saying to be 100% real to me is like telling me not to beat the girl up. I don't know how to be anything but real. If you meet a partner wearing a mask there comes a time you either have to lose yourself in who you were pretending to be or you need to take it off and face the fallout.

This is really sad honestly, that we all seem to have some guard up but I try not to make others pay for the mistakes of those in my past.

I still stand by that. I am drawn to genuineness, and people being themselves. I want to see the 'real them'. Authenticity. Uniqueness. Not trying to put on a show. After seeing that, I am then in a position to know whether there's possibility, chemistry, common ground, etc. The reason I stress wanting to see the 'real them', without giving more detail as far as what *I* in particular would be drawn to (because the particulars will vary between the INFJ's), is because I don't want my desires to shape their responses and what they do write. I don't want to influence what they choose to write, in other words. Because then it seems a bit more manipulative to me - them writing what they know I want to hear and what they know will draw me in. Seems more artificial to me. I don't know...now I'm babbling.

I would never lie about who I am or cater what I'm saying. I think you need to be 100% yourself in a relationship. I think WAYYYYYY too much as it is, I don't want to have to question what I'm being told, analyze the hidden meaning or pretend to be somebody I'm not. I already put too much energy into keeping my guard up and I won't do it in the comfort of my own home.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
...you ENTPs are sounding like NFs. Very scary.

I relate to the NF way. I think ENTPs have to be more "feely" to comprehend people. As for accessing my feelings directly, this is always a challenge. They mostly just tend to bubble up like lava.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
"Genuine nerd looking a longlasting love"

"Hello. I'm an authentic, enthusiastic, intelligent male. (good qualities that might appeal to infj) Not perfect mind you. I'm a neat freak and can be unintentionally overblunt (note the admitance of faults) but I'm working on those (the desire to change). I like [something], [something], [something], [something funny that an infj will probably interpret as possibly true but will be humored and intrigued about]. I'm looking for a relationship that can be intense, deep, and sweet. I'm not a short-term kinda guy....blah blah blah, more stuff along that line. Hope you meet you soon."

THANK YOU!! I'm standing up doing the Jig as I type this! The only thing I have to say about this unless Synarch beats me to it is...

I'm a neat freak and can be unintentionally overblunt

LOL That is not, I repeat IS NOT an ENTP! We are not neat and we mean to be as blunt as we are.

...you ENTPs are sounding like NFs here. Very scary.

I think you're seeing the side of a more mature and balanced ENTP and the side of him that for the most part only the person he's in love with sees. We have a very hard and thick shell but if we open it up to somebody we're very very soft on the inside.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think you're seeing the side of a more mature and balanced ENTP and the side of him that for the most part only the person he's in love with sees. We have a very hard and thick shell but if we open it up to somebody we're very very soft on the inside.

/maturity

Now you really are making me hard. And, I'm not talking about my shell.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
THANK YOU!! I'm standing up doing the Jig as I type this! The only thing I have to say about this unless Synarch beats me to it is...

LOL That is not, I repeat IS NOT an ENTP! We are not neat and we mean to be as blunt as we are.

*bows* I thought I'd give you what you asked for. It was, obviously, theoretical. At least if entps are as blunt as they mean to be than you don't have to feel bad about popping them in the nose occasionally. ;)

Lol, hard on the outside but soft on the inside? Like boiled crab?

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Now you really are making me hard. And, I'm not talking about my shell.

Sorry INFJs but this whole thread was nothing more than bait to catch myself a hot ENTP... Glad to see I'm not the only totally shameless non gender, age, race, species specific flirt.

Lol, hard on the outside but soft on the inside? Like boiled crab?

Um, let's think more along the lines of a diamond truffle if you will.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
*sniggers* but I like boiled crab. Diamond truffles are hard on the teeth.

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
the culmination of these posts is ridiculously (though i wish it could happen more) thorough response to your original post lol.
i wasn't really sure what your intentions were (if you're actually wanting to date an infj or just setting up a theoretical social experiment /whatnot) but there was a lot of working and reworking and asking and answering requests for clarification from specific individuals.

a whole range of genuine serious thoughts, sarcastic thoughts and poetic thoughts.

this thread is sex to an extent. there's just so much thoroughly examined social behavior/desire information in one place and even if no entps or infjs end up finding the love of their life, at least we all got off.

well, i did.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I would be attracted to the post that is down to earth, honest, INTELLIGENT, self-aware, confident, and welcoming. The headline would be something straightforward, but without the implications of some guy that is totally full of himself or putting on a disguise. In other words, I'd be the one who looks at the post that everyone else probably ignores. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the culmination of these posts is ridiculously (though i wish it could happen more) thorough response to your original post lol.
i wasn't really sure what your intentions were (if you're actually wanting to date an infj or just setting up a theoretical social experiment /whatnot) but there was a lot of working and reworking and asking and answering requests for clarification from specific individuals.

a whole range of genuine serious thoughts, sarcastic thoughts and poetic thoughts.

this thread is sex to an extent. there's just so much thoroughly examined social behavior/desire information in one place and even if no entps or infjs end up finding the love of their life, at least we all got off.

well, i did.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! that is FUNNY!!

it's my job to point out the funny ones in case you guys miss em' and that shit was funny!! haha

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
yeah, really! it has this wonderfull ironicly sarcastic, yet delightful tonality to it

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
+1 what aufs said.