• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTPs

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
I have a best friend - one of, like, 4 'best' friends - who is an INFP. She is grand!! But I'd never want to date one. An ENFJ on the other hand, I'm kind of itching to try it.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
oh...that's sad kinda...i think we may want to see you more then we want to be seen...so maybe she never let you see her cuz she was concerned with knowing you instead...that whole reporter thing we do i think...shit...that sucks.

Well, I wouldn't say its due to a "reporter" thing so much as immaturity. She didn't really express an interest in the methods I choose to express myself. She didn't understand that my feelings and my disposition come from stimulating my mind but then again I didn't really understand that either. Because she didn't provide that mental, intellectual stimulation that I need, she didn't receive the strong feelings she felt a guy should have for his girlfriend. We were both young at the time, both 17 when we got together and it was quite a good learning experience. If she had approached me now, as she did almost 4 years ago, I wouldn't have reciprocated. Although, she places me at ease and I'm very comfortable around her. My childish, side comes out and we end up doing things like making up words, calling each other fat and just being silly. We do it still do this day. I wouldn't mind dating an NF again whatsoever although there is an ESTJ girl I'm really physically and mentally attracted to so I might gravitate towards that more.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i see..thanks for explaining it a bit more. i need to be mentally stimulated as well so i totally get that but yeah...i'm not sure an intp would find the same things interesting so i might not be able to give that in return....hmmm. thanks.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I fully believe an INTP with well developed emotions and an ENFP with an penchant for analytical thought could get along wonderfully. I hate to use her name again but CaptainChick seems like a very intelligent person who enjoys discussing things that I would probably also enjoy. Although her intensity would be tiring but I think a person like her would be a great friend to an INTP like myself.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
3/4 of my closest friends are INTPs. I could get along well with most INTPs, so long as their criticism and sarcasm aren't aimed at me.

Actually, that rule probably applies to all the types.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'll admit it, I came to this thread looking for trouble.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
Short posters are cool.

Long posters not so cool.

yep.

i like my INTP.
i don't think i know any others irl, but as for here and intpc, i like and dislike about as many intps as any other type. they're different like everyone else!

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
INTPs can provide much intellectual stimulation, which I really enjoy. What I don't enjoy is when they insist everything has to follow a strict logical line.

Their edges tend to soften as they get older. I enjoy deviating from that strict, logical line :)

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I think that NFs and NTs love eachother because you sustain our imagination with logical reason and we put your logic on wings so that it can soar

That is beautiful and logical at the same time :) ... and very true from my perspective.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
Ahahaha. Trapped indoors on a snowy Festivus and I happened to watch "My So-Called Life". In said video, I realized we have the proto-typical NF/INT relationship. Brian/Angela:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvTQlaGPIs"]NT Awkwardness[/YOUTUBE]

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, do you hate us or love us? :wubbie:

I try not to actually hate anyone...it eats your soul and... *enter more philisophical spiritual things here*

Um some INTPs irritate me to the point where drilling a screw through my brain begins to look like a welcome alternative to having to deal with them.

However, I've never met a mature INTP that I didn't like. Getting close to one is pretty amazing or at least it has been for me.

ngannacvy

MBTI Type
INFP
Those who don't like INTP just haven't gotten to know them yet. Once you get to know them they're Awesome!!!!!

I really like them but maybe it's because I'm an INFP and we just have a natural connection.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahahaha. Trapped indoors on a snowy Festivus and I happened to watch "My So-Called Life". In said video, I realized we have the proto-typical NF/INT relationship. Brian/Angela:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvTQlaGPIs"]NT Awkwardness[/YOUTUBE]

omg! i loved that show! i really wish i had them...i had such a lil teenage girl crush on jordan haha

eta: aww...so cute. :)

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I love INTPs. Mostly because they are interested in the same things I am... and because they tend to be really nice, good-hearted people once you get to know them. They can have some weird views, but then again, so can I. Who am I to judge that? :)

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try not to actually hate anyone...it eats your soul and... *enter more philisophical spiritual things here*

Um some INTPs irritate me to the point where drilling a screw through my brain begins to look like a welcome alternative to having to deal with them.

However, I've never met a mature INTP that I didn't like. Getting close to one is pretty amazing or at least it has been for me.

Sunshine! Was that really necessary?