• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Join us,ENFJs are direct or not ?

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
Hi, I would say that when I am taking the persons feeling into consideration, I can be too indirect, or overly sensitive to how that person would react to what I said, and when I don't care about the persons feelings, for example, I am mad at a close family member, or expect good service from a stranger, I am very direct, and I am not at all embaressed to say what I think.

Very extreme, I guess.

I am not one to lie, I mean I have had to learn how to tell white lies, it's very unnatural to me, but once, with a really good friend, I went so far as to lie straight out, cause I was so worried, she would be crushed..
But that is very rare for me.
I think it really depends on the situation and who is involved, and we take into account what will be the ramifications of what was said.

Hope that gave you some insight, dee :)

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
Also with people I know, I think I first try to "read", how much the person can really "take" me telling them the plain old truth, and if they are signaling that they really want to know, I will tell them truthfully but gently, (because of the empathy thing)

If I read that they really don't want the truth then, I guess I tell them as truthfully as possible what they want to hear...

Hap

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ
Also with people I know, I think I first try to "read", how much the person can really "take" me telling them the plain old truth, and if they are signaling that they really want to know, I will tell them truthfully but gently, (because of the empathy thing)

If I read that they really don't want the truth then, I guess I tell them as truthfully as possible what they want to hear...

Yea,I have the same idea.