• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] I hate the telephone.

Do you hate talking on the phone, INFJ?

• Total voters

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Not an INFJ, but whenever someone calls me, I should be damn right interested in hearring something from them to pic it up.

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
I really hate phones. I see it as an invasion of privacy and now with mobiles you are available 24hrs a day. I nearly always have mine switched off which seems to drive people mad - I see a mobile phone as something I use when I really must - getting in touch with the kids or when the car breaks down. I much prefer emails and access them at least twice a day - I think thats enough in terms of availability but many people seem to think that you should be available constantly :steam:

Don't know about it being an infj thing - my husband doesnt really enjoy talking to people on the phone either - he's istp - so perhaps its an introvert thing

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I really hate phones. I see it as an invasion of privacy and now with mobiles you are available 24hrs a day. I nearly always have mine switched off which seems to drive people mad - I see a mobile phone as something I use when I really must - getting in touch with the kids or when the car breaks down. I much prefer emails and access them at least twice a day - I think thats enough in terms of availability but many people seem to think that you should be available constantly

I'm fine with my phone (I'm not called much so its great! :D) and find it useful when my parents are worried they lost me (Like earlier today when I ran ahead of them in downtown Minneapolis)

MY parents talked with my uncle for a while about cellphones. They recalled the days when you didn't need one, the town new about trouble faster than you could dial someone up anyways! (Small-town South Dakota is like that)

Caller ID = Awesome, too

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I absolutely hate it.

I will get in my car and drive to someone before I sit on the phone for hours.

Unique

I'm not sure if this is type related. I prefer to interact face to face or email/IM/txt.

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think it all depends on how well I know the person. I dragged my feet for a long time on cellphones because I didn't want to be accessible to anyone at anytime. When I began my business I had to get a cell phone. I hardly use any of my phone lines, but occasionally when old friends call I can spend 2 or 3 hours chatting away.

I absolutely despise texting, social networking, and internet dating though. It's so impersonal, allowing a false sense of intimacy between individuals. I'm much more interested in face-to-face conversations than I've ever been. The awkwardness of a telephone call with someone I hardly know seems refreshing nowadays. Technology's downfall is that we lose the ability to relate to one another without being overly prepared or googling or editing & undoing our words. In all honesty though, there is no medium I feel comfortable in. I feel just as disconnected online as I do in real life.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to like talking on the phone with those I know well and like. I'll talk for hours.

V

violaine

I used to hate having to make those annoying phone calls to pay bills or make obligatory return phone calls to annoying people. Now I just do it without thinking about it and all is fine. I am not a 'phone person' and don't like the expectation that I'm always contactable because I have a cell. But it's always a pleasure to talk with someone I like or am dating.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Another INFJ who hates the phone here. The only time I call people to chat is on a long drive. Other than that, my phone conversations are as short and functional as possible.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
I hate the phone and always have. I think the "problem" is getting worse, the older I get. I abhor it. Thank God for text, email and facebook! Without it, I probably would have lost all the friends I have that have moved away.

Give me face-to-face anyday.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My elderly mother was trying to get in touch with me and called my cell phone -- it was turned off -- called my house phone -- it was turned off -- sent me an exasperated email, and I answered. Via email.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hate the phone. Annoyed by voices. If I have to answer it I never pick up after first ring. Does this clear everything up? lol