• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] I hate the telephone.

Do you hate talking on the phone, INFJ?

• Total voters

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Maybe there has already been a thread about this.

How many INFJ's hate the phone??

I will never be on it longer than 2 minutes. I always hang up on people(nicely) really soon after the conversation starts.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
My mom is INFJ and despises the phone. She e-mails absolutely everything.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
My mom is INFJ and despises the phone. She e-mails absolutely everything.

I'd much rather email or text. In November I had 3800 texts in two weeks and then lost my phone. Minutes used was way under 20.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Maybe there has already been a thread about this.

How many INFJ's hate the phone??

I will never be on it longer than 2 minutes. I always hang up on people(nicely) really soon after the conversation starts.

I thought you might have been IxFP at first. Hate of inanimate objects is more in their domain. Maybe it just annoys you and you dislike it, rather than declaring it pure evil though.

I've noticed of the INFJs I know, a friend who is my age (27) isn't big on long telephone conversations. But my mum can talk for hours.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
It's not hatred of the actual phone, silly, but what we're expected to do with the danged thing. TALK to people! Well, for me anyway. I don't mind talking at all, I just need them more face to face like.

I've changed my mind, (so wishy-washy) I think it might be an instrument of evil. Tying up my time, when I'd rather be doing ANYTHING else. Maybe it's a control issue. I wonder if that could be in there too.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My INFJ sister fought getting a mobile phone for as long as she could, eventually her work made her, she's wasn't impressed, she mostly uses it to read her emails.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate the phone. I keep it turned off most of the time. There's no voice mail or call waiting on my home phone. My cell phone has all that but I check it for messages once a day and that's it. I just make sure I have it in the car, charged up in case of emergency.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I rarely ever use my phone, and I especially hate having to answer the phone when I'm at work and have to be in charge of the produce department (which is rather large, it's a big store) when I'm there by myself occasionally for a few hours. I would only ever be able to talk a lot on the phone with the girl I love, and I would have no trouble at all talking for hours on end; but other than that, I only use it if I absolutely have to and I keep it short.

Mole

Permabanned
I love the telephone but I've no one to ring.

I like long relaxed conversations on the phone.

But most of all I like the phone to be part of an ongoing conversation.

And I do like using the phone for its own sake - not for a practical or business reason.

And I like to be able to ring as the mood or the moment takes me.

And as the telephone is an instrument like a paintbrush or a piano, what could be nicer than telephone art or the art of the telephone?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i'm not an infj, but i absolutely despise talking on the phone. My family says that i'm chronically unreachable. When i hear my phone ring, i sigh, roll my eyes and ignore it.

Text and emails are the only way i feel comfortable.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah the trouble as an ENTP trying to meet one of you is that you're rare, can't be found in crowds or in public really so finding you on the internet is the best viable option yet once that's done there's still an issue with getting to know each other well. I surmise once we're living under the same roof we would be amazing and do very well together but getting to that point is a whole different story!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm famous for never EVER answering or checking my voice mail.
I fear this thing, and did try to disable it. They just wouldn't let me!

I believe it might be filled with curses and wishes of me dying in horrible ways.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I have periods where I hate the phone and no matter who you are I won't answer your call, or text you back. But other times I am happy to speak to the person on the other end and carry on a bout of insane texting.

Unfortunately I also go through this with emails and msn and pretty much any form of communication.

I feel unbelievably guilty about it because it's rude and I never explain myself, it just happens that I go dead inside and I won't pick up the phone, even leaving the mobile phone off for days on end (same with the rest) but the guilt isn't enough anymore to make me talk.

(EDIT: I know it says INFJ's, but I'm not the first non INFJ to answer so I feel safe now lol :smile:)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I feel unbelievably guilty about it because it's rude and I never explain myself, it just happens that I go dead inside and I won't pick up the phone,

girl, be proud, rude is good.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hate it, lose it every day and get yelled at by just about everyone for not answering, which makes me hate it even more.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
hate it, lose it every day and get yelled at by just about everyone for not answering, which makes me hate it even more.
To make it simple: I undisbelieve that I wouldn't say i'm unfamiliar with the feeling.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Mines permanently on silent. At least then I don't have to hear it ring annoyingly.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my mother is an infj and we talk for hours on the phone...we always do...never run out of things to talk about...it's totally bizarre to me...but i don't really answer it during the day...but occasionally i'll call an old friend and we'll talk for a long time and i love it...but generally no....it annoys me kinda.

SoAndSo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w?
I don't mind talking on the phone..I just might not say as much as I would through IM/email/etc.