• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP overwhelming

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, are ENFPs easily overwhelming other types? Or are they overwhelmed by particular types? What about ESTPs and ESFPs.. Who overwhelm who? Whaz your experiences?
(Because ENFPs with their Ne has a big potential to overwhelm down-to-earth sensors methinks.. or not? not to mention guardians which are not capable of fighting on "ENFP's battlefield")

I don't have strong E so I'm usually quiet. but when I do unleash the Ne (because according to the typology test I score highest in that everytime), I think people (especially people that don't know me that well and S-types) aren't suspecting it and they end up feeling overwhelmed. Sometimes, I'm conscious of it and slow down or pull it back some.

I don't think I'm overwhelmed by other types at all. maybe sometimes underwhelmed...

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
In my experience I have overwhelemed people... I remember one guy said he loved me all day long apart from in the morning... I was just too much to take without coffee... Lots of people say that I come off as crazy... I hope it's not in a bad way, there's nothing worse than being that creepy crazy girl that is completely unaware that everyone is backing away from her :D In general though I don't think I overwhelm people or if I do they seem to be gluttons for punishment...

As for types that overwhelm me... No there are several that underwhelm me though... I hate that when they try to drain you of your resources... I try therefore to affect and not be effected LOL It's nice to spread joy

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't find them overwhelming. To me, ESTJs are more draining. But to an ESTJ, an ENFP could really aggravate them. It's all about personality dynamics.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, I suppose you could say that ENFPs overwhelm me. I certainly don't enjoy being around them. So much nonstop talking and exhuberance thrown at me helter-skelter. They have "pouncing monologues" -- they pounce on you like a cat on a mouse and torture you with unending monologues. I can tell they have wonderfully kind and generous hearts; I respect them for that and admire them from a distance. But when I'm around them I feel as though I'm trapped in a huge vat of marshmallow cream--sweet, suffocating, sticky, and without shape or form.

I'm not sure it's strictly Ne, however. Don't ENTPs have Ne? I really enjoy the company of ENTPs.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I suppose you could say that ENFPs overwhelm me. I certainly don't enjoy being around them. So much nonstop talking and exhuberance thrown at me helter-skelter. They have "pouncing monologues" -- they pounce on you like a cat on a mouse and torture you with unending monologues. I can tell they have wonderfully kind and generous hearts; I respect them for that and admire them from a distance. But when I'm around them I feel as though I'm trapped in a huge vat of marshmallow cream--sweet, suffocating, sticky, and without shape or form.

I'm not sure it's strictly Ne, however. Don't ENTPs have Ne? I really enjoy the company of ENTPs.

Most of us will gladly take it down a notch, when made known of your feelings :)

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
^^I lol'd when I read that. That describes my sister to a T, except not so sweet. She tortured me into upping my Fe to combat her. Ti-Ne didn't work, because she crushed my field of rationality into oblivion. I'd usually end up like :steam: Followed quickly by :thinking: then :cry:. I'd like to think I've learned a few tactics in dealing with them as a result. One of the best being to just :run: or not engage. It seems to eat at their core.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Most of us will gladly take it down a notch, when made known of your feelings :)

Yes, that's true. One of the benefits of the marshmallow cream is that there's very little bitterness in it. They don't get offended easily when you tell them that you're suffocating. :)

When I think I'm drowning, I'm less likely to remember my manners and more likely to run--but that's my own weakness and feelings of being overwhelmed.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, that's true. One of the benefits of the marshmallow cream is that there's very little bitterness in it. They don't get offended easily when you tell them that you're suffocating. :)

When I think I'm drowning, I'm less likely to remember my manners and more likely to run--but that's my own weakness and feelings of being overwhelmed.

Don't even have to say anything. Just show us you're drowning. We'll back off ;) Not sure if that's any easier for you though...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^I lol'd when I read that. That describes my sister to a T, except not so sweet. She tortured me into upping my Fe to combat her. Ti-Ne didn't work, because she crushed my field of rationality into oblivion. I'd usually end up like :steam: Followed quickly by :thinking: then :cry:. I'd like to think I've learned a few tactics in dealing with them as a result. One of the best being to just :run: or not engage. It seems to eat at their core.

Mmm, I prefer it if you just tell me. Then again, sibling relationships are often still different in dynamic :)

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think the intenseness of ENFPs, while it can overwhelm some people, is our best quality!

I think ENFPs are hilarious... the ones I know have an insane amount of energy... I do tend to get tired around them.. and can feel awkward when they are really touchy and sensitive/want to talk about feelings... but there is not a single ounce of boredom with them. I'm laughing just thinking about one particular ENFP's typical entrance... it involves prancing once she sees a familiar face.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ funny! i can relate to that...damn we're freaks kinda! wth?? haha

Hap

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ
I don't know much about ENFP,but everytime when i was taLking with THE ENFP, I found that she was not directly at all. It seems like she likes keeping a lot of secrects . And also , I think the ENFPs are the optimist in born . Personally speaking , their ways of acting are too exaggerative.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well screw you then!!
hehe...sorry exaggerating a lil..i don't care or maybe i do...but you'll never know.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
You know, you can just tell what it's gonna take to drive someone up the wall sometimes, and that's what siblings are for! I'll walk over, pretending like I'm gonna have a conversation, then off their first response I'll find some stupid little thing to just go off in a rant about for as long as they can stand it (and of course keep them somewhat involved in the 'conversation', but don't listen to them at all).
It's using all the good communication, people, and other ENFP skills, but for evil.

Hap

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ
You know, you can just tell what it's gonna take to drive someone up the wall sometimes, and that's what siblings are for! I'll walk over, pretending like I'm gonna have a conversation, then off their first response I'll find some stupid little thing to just go off in a rant about for as long as they can stand it (and of course keep them somewhat involved in the 'conversation', but don't listen to them at all).
It's using all the good communication, people, and other ENFP skills, but for evil.

"(and of course keep them somewhat involved in the 'conversation', but don't listen to them at all).
"

An ENFP has ever told me like this. So, I think i believe you .

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
i don't know...i don't think i get overwhelmed by other types easily or often and i don't think i overwhelm anyone else...except for maybe in relationships...in the beginning...when i'm reacting to false intuition....maybe??
so...no?? i think

erinarevy, your pic reminds me of a Mike Leigh film I saw two weeks ago called, Happy Go Lucky.

It's about a rabid ENFP's incessant joy, who makes other people in her sphere absolutely miserable. It's a brilliant character study of the ENFP and her effect on her ISTJ/INTJ driving instructor. It's PAINFUL to watch at times, but left me breathless to see how believable Sally Hawkins was in the role. Anyway the film would make MBTI group discussion. Check it out if you can.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ oh! it does sound interesting...thanks for telling me about it!
but don't get the wrong idea...i am not incessantly joyfull!!
i'm a mellow girl...does everyone think i'm nuts?? ahhh...haha

ETA: oh look i found a trailer! :)
Hulu - Movie Trailers: Happy-Go-Lucky

eta again...okay just watched it...and i don't get it...she's cool!! haha