• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP overwhelming

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think this is perhaps a thing of T vs. F. You know, ENFP are feelers and they need feedback more than anything other in social circumstances. And sturdy thinker often do not response to ENFP's feeling-based actions. And enfp, then, of course feel like he is wearing himself off, because there's not the feedback from the thinker.

I think it is EF vs IT .
But the point of that post was that I don't find ENFPs overwhelming.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
All right, so which type do you find overwhelming?

I am sorry but I don't find people overwhelming.

To answer why is that it would take a lot of time so I will save it for the thread that I will open soon. I just have to rethink some details.

But in short let's just say that trully suck at emotional exchanges with other people.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Don't even have to say anything. Just show us you're drowning. We'll back off ;) Not sure if that's any easier for you though...

Sure, we'll back off, but don't think we'll change... not for a second. Energy is so pivotal to our effectiveness (particularly in motivating and inspiring others) that while it is overwhelming, it is not something that ENFPs should try to curb or get rid of.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Having thought about it a lot and gotten feedback from others -- I'm not overwhelming. I think a lot has to do with the fact that I am very conscious of adapting to the environment and to others and also that I've mellowed out over the years. A lot of crazy static-shock kind of energy I had has either settled down or been converted or focused on other things so the energy I have for people is more natural and people can discern it more easily without being distracted. If that makes sense.

I know a younger ENFP who is new to the city and she is not necessarily overwhelming but that I know some folks I know find "a little much". They attribute it to her youth -- she's just a little too in your face (Ne) and tries a little too hard in their opinions to hang out or get connected with you and not as in tune with their moods or boundaries. They're older and a bit more jaded so that's part of the dynamic as well.

I think I can see how ENFPs as well as ENTPs can be a little much when they just don't seem to tune in with their environment or the people around them. It is annoying even to me to talk to people who don't respect your presence or boundaries by interrupting you, wildly changing the flow of conversation from something two other people were talking about, or being 4 energy levels higher than everyone and being super extroverted or pushy (even unintentionally) about it.

Live and learn, I guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm the same way cze cze...i totally think i adjust my energy to the environment and am quite capable of chilling on the couch having quiet conversation in the middle of a party.

the only time i remember feeling like my energy was too much was when discussing a business idea...or ideas i should say...that sort of thing gets me kinda worked up...but is rare...so normally my energy matches who i'm with.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extroverts tend to overwhelm me in general.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Now that I think about it, I think the people ENFPs are most likely to overwhelm is themselves.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hahaha!!! i think that's true!!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram