• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP overwhelming

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I think like people in general there is a spectrum and it all depends on where the E lies. I am a lil more subdued and slow to warm up. More of a watch and observe type who takes her time to see what type of person I am around before I pounce. I am polite and tactful, and never open up completely unless I truly like you and feel comfortable around you. My friends say I am just me and that I make them laugh, but there are many hidden secrets that lie within me, my life is no open book

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
in most cases i would say an ENFP would be quite overwhelming, especially to a type such as an ISTJ. i myself have learned that is something that at times needs to be toned down and have learned to do so

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
erinarevy, your pic reminds me of a Mike Leigh film I saw two weeks ago called, Happy Go Lucky.

It's about a rabid ENFP's incessant joy, who makes other people in her sphere absolutely miserable. It's a brilliant character study of the ENFP and her effect on her ISTJ/INTJ driving instructor. It's PAINFUL to watch at times, but left me breathless to see how believable Sally Hawkins was in the role. Anyway the film would make MBTI group discussion. Check it out if you can.

...that actually did look pretty good...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, I can be too intense and hence overwhelming at times, but I, for one, love provocative people, ideas and intense moments.

Intense experiences color my life with depth and meaning.

People have definitely felt overwhelmed by me when I am arguing a point I feel passionately about.

Unfortunately, even though in any argument I focus and strictly care about logos, I have been cursed or blessed with infusing, (unintentionally, mind you), pathos in my arguing style.

I *care* about things I argue about, I don't argue for argument's sake, bleh.

Also, hmm, more and more I am beginning to see and fully understand the great variability amongst each MBTI type.

I am not all fluffy bunny wubbie bubbly-ness, far from.

And I am not exuberant all the time.

But, hey, when I am excited, I am excited.

Take it or leave it.

:cool:

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
i try to use more logos than pathos, but thinking about it, i really just use logos to appeal to others and have my argument make sense (which seems obvious, but i could care less about the facts when i really care about an issue)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
i try to use more logos than pathos, but thinking about it, i really just use logos to appeal to others and have my argument make sense (which seems obvious, but i could care less about the facts when i really care about an issue)
You can care less about the facts?

Explain please.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
ENFPs can definitely be overwhelming. The one I know best can definitely project herself onto others in a way that can be uncomfortable for people who are not naturally adept at extroverted feeling. I also think that a lot of them can or are turned off by people who do not respond to their sometimes outlandish behavior with similar behavior.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
You can care less about the facts?

Explain please.

Sometimes I see facts as just ways of convincing people I'm right? That sounds awful! Facts can be manipulated and changed to suit any purpose, drive home any point, and make anyone seem right. I throw them in because I know it's what people want/need to hear sometimes--know your audience, right? But that inarticulable feeling is what I always try to get across, that feeling where my argument just makes sense and clicks. So I can get overwhelmingly passionate about things in what I’ve just realized is an attempt to literally radiate my enthusiasm .

I know I’m being vague and abstract, buuuut… yeah?

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Excellent thread and I will say as an ENTP that I have a habit of verbally flexing on people if you will in an attempt to overwhelm them and see how they respond. I am often shocked I don't get my ass kicked. This is a habit that has been shelved more and more with age but I do still tend to enjoy the "shock and awe".

The ENTP/ENFP dynamic is slightly interesting being so close in so many ways. I think I would call myself flighty at times as well and I do very much so see it in the ENFPs but I think I have a pretty hard time with other Ps in general.

With that said I like em :)

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
It's true. My friends, especially ESFP/ESFJ will more likely find me overwhelming. I love their "Huh?" reaction whenever I share anything deep or abstract with them and their response is: "Oh.. You know her. She's just being funny."

I think ISTJs find me overwhelming, too. Especially on my good days. On my bad ones, they seem to love it when I'm not smiling as much. That's when I notice they warm up to me most. Odd..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I see facts as just ways of convincing people I'm right? That sounds awful! Facts can be manipulated and changed to suit any purpose, drive home any point, and make anyone seem right. I throw them in because I know it's what people want/need to hear sometimes--know your audience, right? But that inarticulable feeling is what I always try to get across, that feeling where my argument just makes sense and clicks. So I can get overwhelmingly passionate about things in what I’ve just realized is an attempt to literally radiate my enthusiasm .

I know I’m being vague and abstract, buuuut… yeah?

it sounds so wrong kinda but i know what you mean...bad habit of just trusting my instinct on something...so i know it's right but it's not the facts that convinced me...it's just the knowing...wow that doesn't make sense...but i'll use the facts to convince someone else i think...haha...so weird!

wolfy

awsm
ENFPs are overwhelming in a nice way. I like intense experiences.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what are you trying to say wolfie!!!!
stargate6.gif

hehe...just kidding...damn...you people!!

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
anyone ever get the, 'you're too much to handle right now'?

i guess we really are overwhelming, everyone else seems to confirm it

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
it sounds so wrong kinda but i know what you mean...bad habit of just trusting my instinct on something...so i know it's right but it's not the facts that convinced me...it's just the knowing...wow that doesn't make sense...but i'll use the facts to convince someone else i think...haha...so weird!

I hate the way my sister does this. It's more of your instincts are at a more abstract level and you shift the facts to accommodate that like a whole paradigm shift. The transformations don't necessarily occur from the facts themselves, it's like you just drop them to fit your instincts. As an INTP that can really bug me in arguments with her because there basically is no transformation from the initial points so it makes it harder to parse out the logical consistency, it makes sense if I were to realign my thoughts with her "points" but I need to process them individually before I'm content. She used to constantly interrogate me using this tactic hoping that eventually the facts would come out.

It's more of a wrong/right spectrum for her. Where as for me it's more of a "I'll shift and twist and create a structure based on the current situation that will shine the light in a particular contained direction." I try and just shift the perspective and leave the structure largely in tact, while she tries to shift the structure to alter the perspective.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
hahaha, see, even using text you're still trying to radiate that feeling of excitement

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Wow, where do you guys get all your energy? Don't you suffer from burnout sometimes? I want whatever you guys are taking. Especially in the morning. :coffee:

And erinavery- I think your avatar illustrates ENFPs perfectly. I see.. a rainbow, sparkles, a house.. and alot of crazy stuff I can't even describe. Overwhelming, indeed! :D