• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Are their any NFs here that have their "dream job"?

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
Hi everyone!

Is there anyone here that is at their dream job? I understood that enfjs are normally unfulfilled in their jobs cause they always want more...

Has anyone gotten there? Made it to the pinnacle of their career etc.?
Or are at a job where they can't imagine leaving because they just love it?

Please tell me how you did it and what you do. :yes:

It'll give me inspiration....:)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not even sure I know what my dream job would be. I find it hard to get working in a place where they respect the stuff I do.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The thing about being a dreamer is that you never get to accomplish your dreams because otherwise you'd stop being a dreamer.

But I'm confident I'll have my dream job someday (game development). Even if I have to change type!

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Nah, when the dream is realized you can be happy about that and dream about other stuff. I wouldn't say I am a dreamer, though.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nah, when the dream is realized you can be happy about that and dream about other stuff. I wouldn't say I am a dreamer, though.

You're then effectively accomplishing stuff which makes you a "doer". And you can only be either one ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha...wish i couldn't agree with that but it's true, i think.
i have a lot of dream jobs in my head...hopefully i can make one of them work at some point...whatever it is will have to be something that can be constantly expanded so i can continue to dream up ideas. :)

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
So that's it !!! No one!! man, that's kinda depressing...

The thing about being a dreamer is that you never get to accomplish your dreams because otherwise you'd stop being a dreamer.

Does this mean I am a dreamer? I mean I have this thing where I believe anything is possible, if u put your mind to it, and if you really want it, it could happen.

I am so passionate about humanitarian stuff, I could start crying just seeing something touching, or seeing how someone was able to get helped, it touches my heart.

But when you see me, like just people I interact with, they don't really see this about me, I hold it back. I don't know why I do this. My j is really strong, so maybe I feel embarressed about these strong feelings.

I think I am conflicted because when I do express myself and that part of me I am happier.
My j side is constantly pushing me to do the responsible thing, be practical, do what needs to be done, and be realistic.

I am a hopeless (repressed) romantic, pretty frustrating place to be...

oh well, trying to never give up hope. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm working towards it...took me quite some time to acknowledge what I wanted instead of following the course others had deemed 'wise' for me.

file cabinet

In a way I feel like I have. Got into the programming field somewhat randomly and have been doing it for the past 5 years. Parts of it have been fairly satisfying. But, I decided I don't want to be a programmer for the rest of my life so I decided to wrap up school (in progress) and try to boost off into another field.

So, I don't think I will ever have a 'dream job' per se but I am happy with what I'm doing. As long as i continue to do what makes me happy, that's all I'm concerned about.