• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] If you get to be a RATIONAL(NT) which type would you choose to be?

what NT would you chose to be if you got a chance(or was forced) to be one.

• Total voters

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't want to join in the discussion or vote but I am curious about the results and I can't see them without voting.

You can. Click on the "view poll results" button to the right of the "vote now" button.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INTP. I had a friend in college who was an INTP and he was an all-around good guy. If I'm typing correctly. Which, if I'm not, it doesn't matter anyway which I pick. If I had to change types, I would pick another introverted type.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
BUT they are quite intuitive, they can almost read people's minds( SERIOUSLY). therefor they know when someone loves them, so they would if they want to find ways to express it creatively without embarrasing themselves( I AM PRETTY SURE THEY THINK IT IS EMBARRASSING TO SHOW THEIR LOVE TO SOMEONE, EVEN IF THAT'S THEIR GIRLFRIEND WHOM HE IS SURE THAT WOULDN'T TELL ANYONE THAT THEY DID, even if they did)
I have to disagree with that. The INTJ's I know are all quite poor mind-readers, and they can barely tune into other people's feelings and emotional motivations at all (unless they have highly developed F). Don't get me wrong, INTJ's certainly TRY to read minds (and they do it better than the other 3 NT's), but such attempts usually fail miserably.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have to disagree with that. The INTJ's I know are all quite poor mind-readers, and they can barely tune into other people's feelings and emotional motivations at all (unless they have highly developed F). Don't get me wrong, INTJ's certainly TRY to read minds (and they do it better than the other 3 NT's), but such attempts usually fail miserably.

meh, dont underestimate the awesome powers of the entp. I'd just read ur body language till you drop.
An Intp would probably study you to death using google and a 24000 pages book.

Then, you really dont want to know what an ENTJ'd do to you, but i fear it might include evisceration to say the least.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
:rolli:

seriously.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to be an ENTP in theory, but my #1 would be ISTP. I have visions of manhandling a car around like Daniel Craig. *shivers* WHOO!

If I'm ENTP, I can be profane and crude, but I can't date me. *is sad* *shouts profanities* *laughs gleefully*

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Definitely ENTP. They are a lot of fun, don't take life too seriously, and show off their intellectual prowess in a low-key, silly way instead of kind of hitting you over the head with it like some NTs do. Second choice would be INTJ, although I do feel bad for them sometimes because although they can be real sweethearts when you get to know them they sometimes seem to have trouble fitting in in social situations. I know and love a lot of INTPs but their blindspot Fe can make relations a little difficult at times. I don't know too many ENTJs. I like the ones I do know, but again I think having that F in the fourth place could create some difficulties. Hope I'm not offending NTs too badly here, I love ya'll!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would definitely be an ENTJ. I would love to see the world through that filter, as it is so unlike my own.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I pick INTJ. Anyway, I tend to switch back and forth throughout the week if I'm up to it. Sometimes it takes too much out of me to care about everything. So I sometimes adapt a new type to get me through my bad days.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I voted ENTJ. If were to spend enough time as an ENTJ to familiarize myself with Te, then reflect on it as an INFP, I imagine I would learn loads about effective goal-setting, decision making and managing criticism and self-esteem issues.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Probably INTP.

I like their low-pro style. They're like the silent encyclopedia- knowledgeable, but silently humble. If you befriend them, they fascinate you with all sorts of information, especially their perception.

But, I'm happy being me, so I wouldn't really want to be another type.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
Just a thought - but if you're asking what type of NT other tempraments would like to be, won't they each be leaning to the NT that they would find most similarities with?

I.E - NFs picking ENTPs to be the most desirable because their E and P give them more of that "feely" vibe than other NTs. SJs toward NTJs and so on. Results just seem as if they would be a bit scewed based on the most predominant type replying to this thread. *shrug*

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just a thought - but if you're asking what type of NT other tempraments would like to be, won't they each be leaning to the NT that they would find most similarities with?

I.E - NFs picking ENTPs to be the most desirable because their E and P give them more of that "feely" vibe than other NTs. SJs toward NTJs and so on. Results just seem as if they would be a bit scewed based on the most predominant type replying to this thread. *shrug*

That depends, some of us are freaks even among our own kind...

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I shall vote INTJ, simply because my ex (who knew quite a bit about type, but obviously not enough in this instance) mystifyingly continued to think I was one for about a year before I got round to enlightening her. It was so much fun seeing her blithely assume why I was doing and saying whatever I was on the basis of my supposed INTJ-ness that I simply could't bring myself to contradict her :devil:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I'll interpret the results of this poll as follow:

It's because amongst the four possible choices, ENTPs are usually the less inhibited when we have to show and use our feelings, even if our preference remains thinking. Therefore, it's easier to interact with us (if we are not into our "arrogant jerk" mode). ENTPs also usually display the less frequent prejudice against feelers, because for a Dom-Ne like we are, "anything is good" if you can reach a satisfactory outcome (I'd like to say that every ENTPs are epistemological anarchists); and furthermore we won't judge you for the way you are, you look or behave (even during your wild streams of irrationality: we have ours, too! As Feyerabend used to say: "Irrationality can't be rationally ruled out" :D).

While the introverted NTs may seem cold, robotic and analytical from a distance, and the ENTJs are sometimes far too domineering and judgmental (and scary, I can understand that). Also, the three previous NTs often are way too proud of their Thinking preference, and rarely question it.

But anyway, IMHO the result of this poll is quite unfair, because as I often noticed, some INTJs may have a proficient use of their Feeling side, but it remains quite hidden: you have to know these INTJs very well to notice that, they have to trust you. Thus I thought being an INTJ would appeal more for some introverted Feelers: I was wrong! :huh:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I picked ENTJ for the drive. I could care less about who I intimidated on my way to getting shit done. Spending half my time gathering up energy just to do something is too frustrating.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But anyway, IMHO the result of this poll is quite unfair, because as I often noticed, some INTJs may have a proficient use of their Feeling side, but it remains quite hidden: you have to know these INTJs very well to notice that, they have to trust you. Thus I thought being an INTJ would appeal more for some introverted Feelers: I was wrong! :huh:

This has been my experience as well. I think it's that most NFs chose the NT that is closest to them, and there are many ENFPs on board so ENTP wins (plus a few other NFs who also chose ENTP). Well, I chose INTJ :)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I chose ENTJ because it would be nice to have that confidence, drive, goal-setting, and leadership ability that doesn't come naturally to me, or that's foreign to me. And even if they can be merciless (or appear to be so - but not all of them are) in their leadership, it's not like they really care in the same way I do about what others think of them, so that would be cool too.

Plus I'm friends with a female ENTJ and she's awesome, and I admire her drive, confidence, and what she's done with her life very much.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1

I think it was how the poll question was worded. "If you get to be a rational" sounds more like "hey which one would you be for fun". I voted ENTP because they look like they have the most fun. It would also be a dramatic change of pace for me.

If I had to suddenly become an NT on the spot, I would probably go with what's comfortable for me - an INTJ.