• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] who're more manipulative? entp or infj

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think INFJs are more manipulative because they do it almost unconsciously (at least I do). ENTPs seem to scheme about how to manipulate and it doesn't come as naturally to them as it does to INFJs because ENTPs actually have to make an effort to do the manipulation.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think INFJs are more manipulative because they do it almost unconsciously (at least I do). ENTPs seem to scheme about how to manipulate and it doesn't come as naturally to them as it does to INFJs because ENTPs actually have to make an effort to do the manipulation.

Wanna wrestle about it, showoff ? :D

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So are all of these:

ISTJ
ISFJ
INTJ
ISTP
ISFP
INFP
INTP
ESTP
ESFP
ENFP
ESTJ
ESFJ
ENFJ
ENTJ

I didn't mean to imply that INFJs and ENTPs were the only types than can be manipulative.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably pretty similar, but INFJs are much better at not getting caught, I think.

ENTPs will often let you know they're trying to manipulate you but make it funny or amusing enough that you don't really mind that much. It's a patented skill that we're pretty proud of. ;)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think INFJ's would be better simply because they would have more bulletproof justification for themselves.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think INFJ's would be better simply because they would have more bulletproof justification for themselves.

Perhaps INFJs would have thought of the justification, stemming from their values sytem..The ENTP might not bother with the justification unless that contingency was envisioned deemed ostensible to success.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wrestle ! Not fencing ! Gaylord ! Man thats so depressing, I need, I need rest, the world is turning everything is moving up and do... zzz

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That's a sure win for you my manly lady :)

gn8

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can't reveal my secrets in present company, but I always win against ENTPs.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmm-

That is a hard one.

Depends on how determined the INFJ is, I agree with Synarch in that we INFJ's bait or manipulate others without them really realizing it if done properly- we kind of set the trail of hershy kisses to be picked up and lead the person where we want them to go. We study the person thoroughly and then plan steps ahead along with decoy and red herring obvious manipulations to keep them off the scent of the real master plan- but the plan is for the children and world peace and getting our way,lol.

My husband is an ENTP and he didn't want me to have my dog when we got married because he hated dogs. I convinced him to make a compromise I had no intention of really making that would have a way for me to get the dog in the end but that would make hubby feel was fair and like all options were explored- the conversation was structured very carefully-hubby likes cats- cats are the gateway drug to getting a pet and the pet I really want is a dog,lol, the "compromise" was to get a cat and then if I didn't like having the cat and gave it a try but if it didn't work out he would give having my dog a try.

I knew I would hate having a cat, I am not a cat hater really but would hate having a cat rather then a dog myself, but got a cat asap- complained and didn't like the cat as I knew I would- I purposely looked for a cat who I would not bond with and who would be an obvious bad match for me.

So- it is obvious me and the cat don't like each other- I make it obvious and annoying, I make the cat be work for him you know with litter box and all-hubby hates work= hubby hates cat too-I make sure hubby doesn't bond with cat either and keep them from bonding, I give a "go" of having a cat for like a month-hubby says okay find a home for it and we'll give the dog a try- I already had a search for a new home for the cat in place and then found a new home "officially" in two weeks and got rid of the cat and got my dog in the end- which was my intention and master plan all along. I let hubby make the decisions- but I am making the trails on which he is deciding where to go and he is following the hershey kisses.

Hubby and dog fell in love with each other as I knew they would and it was bliss ever after.
There was no way I was not going to have my dog-I had had him since I was 11 and was bonded too much it was very symbiotic, I really knew they would love each other but that hubby was just too close minded at the time. If I thought they would be miserable together I wouldn't have done it. No good hearted person could not love a dog and I married a good hearted person, they might have to be forced to be together and give each other a chance but I really believe it is impossible to not love something that is so loving and good to you. Something is seriously wrong if so.

sculpting

Hmm-

That is a hard one.

Depends on how determined the INFJ is, I agree with Synarch in that we INFJ's bait or manipulate others without them really realizing it if done properly- we kind of set the trail of hershy kisses to be picked up and lead the person where we want them to go. We study the person thoroughly and then plan steps ahead along with decoy and red herring obvious manipulations to keep them off the scent of the real master plan- but the plan is for the children and world peace and getting our way,lol.

My husband is an ENTP and he didn't want me to have my dog when we got married because he hated dogs. I convinced him to make a compromise I had no intention of really making that would have a way for me to get the dog in the end but that would make hubby feel was fair and like all options were explored- the conversation was structured very carefully-hubby likes cats- cats are the gateway drug to getting a pet and the pet I really want is a dog,lol, the "compromise" was to get a cat and then if I didn't like having the cat and gave it a try but if it didn't work out he would give having my dog a try.

I knew I would hate having a cat, I am not a cat hater really but would hate having a cat rather then a dog myself, but got a cat asap- complained and didn't like the cat as I knew I would- I purposely looked for a cat who I would not bond with and who would be an obvious bad match for me.

So- it is obvious me and the cat don't like each other- I make it obvious and annoying, I make the cat be work for him you know with litter box and all-hubby hates work= hubby hates cat too-I make sure hubby doesn't bond with cat either and keep them from bonding, I give a "go" of having a cat for like a month-hubby says okay find a home for it and we'll give the dog a try- I already had a search for a new home for the cat in place and then found a new home "officially" in two weeks and got rid of the cat and got my dog in the end- which was my intention and master plan all along. I let hubby make the decisions- but I am making the trails on which he is deciding where to go and he is following the hershey kisses.

Hubby and dog fell in love with each other as I knew they would and it was bliss ever after.
There was no way I was not going to have my dog-I had had him since I was 11 and was bonded too much it was very symbiotic, I really knew they would love each other but that hubby was just too close minded at the time. If I thought they would be miserable together I wouldn't have done it. No good hearted person could not love a dog and I married a good hearted person, they might have to be forced to be together and give each other a chance but I really believe it is impossible to not love something that is so loving and good to you. Something is seriously wrong if so.

This seems like so much work.

I told my ISTP " I am getting a dog". He said no there was no way in the world we would have a dog. I said yes. I started visiting the pound without him. He came along for the ride to prevent me from getting the dog in the collar with three legs. We got a dog. The end.

However I shall remember the above as I try and motivate my workplace ENTPs. Perhaps I will just identify and deploy INFJs strategically as I am very lazy.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So we can safely say: woman are the masters of deception and infj woman are the embodiement of evil in its most pure state ? :D

I am glad, I am the girl in my relationship, so my girl at least lacks some darker female traits :D (or maybe she is only deceiving me :shock: )

sculpting

I don't really get what is even immoral about what I said in that post.

It was probably the wording.

P.S. I'm INTP now. (And was before.) I think.

I apologize Evan. (even if you are now an INTP). I spent yesterday chatting with a guy INFJ friend who I am close to. It was interesting because he said all the same stuff you said in the thread. He is totally correct as are you, it is just so different that my gut rebels at first. It is odd and somewhat typical for me, that when some aspects of personality are described in the abstract I find them unpleasent, but once associated with a person, they are qualities of the person that I admire and accept whole heartedly, and even enjoy.

(This BTW is why ENFPs have to understand people. We use Fi as a value set and Te to set standards for those values. We endlessly forgive others as we endlessly reset the Te standards. Thus in the abstract a behavior may not be acceptable to my FiTe standards but once attached to an individual I adjust to what they are as a whole and value them for all their attributes. We never forgive ourselves however, and apply insane, unreachable Te standards internally to our own actions.)