• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] who're more manipulative? entp or infj

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I can be impatient and still want to hear what you want to say. More often than not I just want people to get to the point so we can keep ratcheting up. I find I can be pretty abrupt in almost every situation. How did you find me in person? I distinctly remember stepping on your toes, conversationally.

Hmm. Well I think you definitely had a bigger presence in the conversation than I did. I didn't feel steam-rolled at any point though.

Actually, after I met you in person, I began to see how much of the ENTP games you guys play are just that: games. I just tend to take them too seriously.

You remember stepping on my toes? I can't remember anything specific - do you? You don't just mean a difference of opinion, do you?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I just think I was excited and talking too much. It was good to meet you.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I just think I was excited and talking too much. It was good to meet you.

I usually take the back seat to the conversation unless I know the person well. Same here dude - how's that book coming along?

qwertsquirt

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm INFJ and my main thing is I can feel people and I'm a strong writer.

Thats how we do it.

himynameisdead

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
I'm really awesome at manipulation. I make people think they're doing what they want for their own benefit without them stopping to doubt me once. but that's also because it usually is... in the long run. however, it's also beneficial because it serves as a means to end some other problem, so I'm making them do what's eventually good for them for my own reasons,too. how could they possibly condemn me? oh, I'm never forceful. I'm just right. ;) like an iNtj, in a sense. usually they realize that. also, check out this article: http://personalitycafe.com/infj-articles/19817-many-faces-infj.html

The Machine Stops

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
T9W1
Someone here defined manipulation as influence with force. That sounds spot on. I'm very good at it, but I cannot do it without consent. Even if I think it would be good for someone else. I've been in plenty of situations where I knew exactly what to say to get what I wanted, and to get someone else to mentally come to a space where they would also want it, but it feels too much like wielding a weapon, bringing a gun to a knife fight, and that is not fair. I cannot bring myself to do it and accepted sacrificing even potential relationships rather than going there. There is a barrier there for me that I can't get past.

You manipulate people with writing?

This is very much a possibility. The pen is mightier than the sword, and a poet knows how to get inside your head. Consider the Bible. Or "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." Words can subvert and alter, and have changed the world, if not actually, then possibly in the minds of people.

rav3n

Necro-posting but why not?

Male ENTPs since they appear to NEED to extrovert their Fe and in my opinion, difficult to read due to their random nature as Ne-doms.

I have no problems understanding where most INFJs are coming from, no matter how they express themselves. It's probably because they're Ni doms which is also my aux.