• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Where do you find ENFPs?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
hehe, it's funny INFPs think prison. One of my teachers first lines to me after a few years out of school was, "hi, good to see you aren't in jail yet." :)

Best place to find ENFPs would be in university doing their 3rd degree, though probably still not attending lectures.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^ Ha ha ha...uh...:doh:

I think it depends on the kind of ENFP you're looking for?

It's true ENFPs have their reclusive/introverted moments where they like staying home.

Personally, I just got out of a long introversion spell so I try to be out and about.

You should also look at community groups and activities (poetry slams, writing groups, craft circles, fashion shows, film festivals) and community centers or any place they offer classes.

ENXPs tend to take lots of random classes like horse back riding, home brewery, pottery, photography, pilates, etc. and be attracted to seasonal fairs like Ren Fest, agricultural fairs, expos, travelling circus, etc. And also music shows and performances.

The classes and community organizing events and conferences are the best ways to meet an ENFP when they are 'on'. Volunteering together is generally a recommended way for peopel to 'meet' other people, but this is especially true if you want to meet an ENFP (or they wanna meet you ;) ) And at a conference, the exchange of ideas means an ENFP is 'on' and engaged and enthusiastic about having a good discussion.

Otherwise, clubs, bars, lounges, and especially non-cheesy dance nights are a good place to see ENFPs. It will be hard to meet one though. When people are dancing on the floor, you can't really tell what type is what and with music being so loud, you don't really meet people.

Look for events that are monthly or less frequent or one time events - basically 'new' places and events that a short-attention span ENFP will be attracted to.

How to spot ENFPs: We prolly *won't* be fighting with other patrons or getting aggressive with the bartender, but they could possibly be mingling and very happily chatting away with random people.

ENFP - the person who chats up a storm with random people. Distinguished from ENFJ because it's more random than socially on point and distinguished from ENTP b/c it's not as point orientated (?)

So when an ENFP is 'on' and in their element, look for the positive person trying to engage with people and/or ideas. Or the person who is really, really into whatever is going on around them in a goofy "this is fun!" way.

Oh yeah, and karaoke's another good one.

And ENFPs are also creatures of habit, so we have our few 'regular' safe spots that possibly break all the 'rules' above. You would have to know the ENFP first to know their hideouts.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
That's so true. We do have our reclusive moments.

Nowadays, I'll prolly be seen at my favorite Border's Bookstore. The dork with tons of books and printed coupons in her arms. Yes- coupons (I'm broke, folks)!

Other than that, the gym, and yes, randomly taking courses of interest (cooking, art- though I'm a sensotard, I still try to learn and expand my skills and interests).

What else.. hang out with my friends- do something casual (we're old.. they have babies now.. ahahahah). Besides that, I really like helping others, so this Christmas- at a homeless shelter serving dinner at breakfast. I also did volunteer work last year on a medical mission with doctors from the American Pediatrics Society- it was FUN! New faces. Heartfelt experiences. I wished I could've had more money to help out those people from post-war conditions. Other than that, periodically at the thrift shop, mom and pop shops, art store. Since gas prices are cheaper, I'll be out and about with friends/family more often. Yay!

wayfarer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Eh, if I'm feeling social I like to hang out at coffee-shops, bookstores, low-profile music venues, friends' houses or just walking around outside (we have a fantastic bay/harbor where I live). The whole taking random classes thing is kind of true as well.

If I'm in need of some time to myself, I'm usually at home playing music/reading/sleeping/vegging, out driving around (wasting gas now that it's cheaper :p), or outside somewhere and don't really want to be found.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
barnes and nobles (or any bookstore... we can be spotted or more heard, quite easily), the mall (im from central south jersey, we have many malls), college (similar to bookstore), the gym (well youll find me there), really anywhere, ENFPs seem to have a very wide range of tastes (as many other types also do) and this leads us into many many locations.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i agree with that too...bookstores are on of my favorite places to go...so many different interests to read about and i can grab a coffee too...i can spend hours there...especially if it's raining. :)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
OOOOH bookstores in the rain.. Stop or you'll make me weep for rain :(

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know!! it's my favorite!! i love to get a ridiculously large latte and stacks and stacks of books and watch the rain a lil bit...i love it!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Something abou that image just seems like the setting of a romantic movie or something... question what is it about romance and the rain??

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i don't know! but i adore the rain...i really enjoy being alone when it rains though...or maybe staying in with someone extra cuddly and watching a movie.

and to nocaps...yes! nightclubs with really great music and cool people! hell yeah...one of my favorites too!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea I know what you mean about being alone in the rain but there's a romance to it.. do you know what I mean... (don't mean the kind of romance between two people necessarily) And nightclubs DITTO we're always the ones dancing up on the stage right??

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hell yeah!! haha

and yeah...i do...it's a dreamy romantic state...not an actual romantic state...i know exactly.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
and to nocaps...yes! nightclubs with really great music and cool people! hell yeah...one of my favorites too!

Ffffff.

ENFPs think everyone's cool.
Even the people who say no one's cool.