• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and smilies

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It depends. If it is an informal situation, or I know the person somewhat already, I turn it into a game. Objective? Get a reaction out of them, any reaction. In formal situations, boss-employee, social functions etc, it is incredibly stiffling and it makes me insecure as I feel out of place

To tell you the truth I already knew the answer.

All people can feel uncomfortable around me exactly because if this tendency. If I don't try to look more casual I will probably come as ice to other people.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Awhile back, when I had first joined this forum and was getting into trouble left and right, a good friend of mine suggested that I should incorporate more smilies into my posts, I took his advice and have since seen lots of progress (in not getting in trouble) and becoming more likable as opposed to my previously having been viewed as a bitch. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To tell you the truth I already knew the answer.

All people can feel uncomfortable around me exactly because if this tendency. If I don't try to look more casual I will probably come as ice to other people.

So you enjoyed having your theory validated then? ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
So you enjoyed having your theory validated then? ;)

I was checking personal opinion. Actually this is not a theory at all this is a fact you can't miss if you know me.
But with time I have manage to look somewhat more normal to other people.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Because of everything that happened I must ask one more thing.

Would NFs be more annoyed by NTs who post a fake smilies or with situation as it is?

Just curious.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Faking= distrust

Perfect solution: use smileys and use 'em properly. If you can't, learn. Consider it a challenge ;) See lessons on communication skills 101

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Faking= distrust

Perfect solution: use smileys and use 'em properly. If you can't, learn. Consider it a challenge ;) See lessons on communication skills 101

I use them is some occasions but in many cases it looks to me that using more of them would be like faking.

Mostly I use :rolleyes: :devil: :vader1:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I use them is some occasions but in many cases it looks to me that using more of them would be like faking.

Mostly I use :rolleyes: :devil: :vader1:

Yeah...I can see their appeal for you :devil:

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Last time I used one of those emoticons I was around 11 or 12, lol. I don't find them useful, personally. I guess some people need to get their point across with a little help from a picture. I like posting without them because I want to be taken seriously and I feel that most people wouldn't if I used them.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I like posting without them because I want to be taken seriously and I feel that most people wouldn't if I used them.

Excuses!! You see me, I use them and I get first-rate quality discussion all the time! :yes::newwink:;):hi::D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i think we're very rarely serious about anything...why would our posts not reflect this. :D

Kaz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love smilies. I use them in some way wherever I post. No real point really, I guess it just sort of personalizes whatever I'm writing a little? I really have no idea. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but see they do...because i pictured a big silly grin after what you said instead of a straight face...it makes all the difference. ;)
eta: and i LOVE your avi!! so cute!!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am curious.

When you talk to the Ts do you get annoyed if you post 10-20 smiliies and you get 0 or 1 in return?

AfterHours

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It is not harder for me to read, nor am I annoyed with posts containing no smilies. I find it harder to read posts with too many because they seem cluttered.

If the post is on an impersonal topic then I don't see the need for smiley faces. They would be helpful in clarifying one's meaning in a personal discussion.

I use them in messages to a small extent. I don't like talking to people who use a smilie in every sentence. If I'm talking to someone who doesn't use them at all then I won't either, as I assume it annoys them, though I dislike feeling obligated to avoid them entirely. It makes me wonder if I send the wrong message.

When it comes to emotional topics, I tend to play devil's advocate with people who seem to think that their opinions are "right". I feel strongly about a few topics, but I suspend those beliefs in discussion so as not to miss another piece of the overall picture.

I have no problem grasping technical details when I am interested in a subject. When I become fascinated I have a lot of motivation and energy to learn; this is unfortunately not something I learned to harness for academic success.