• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Soul Piercing Stare: ENFJ Trait?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've known INTJ's to do that too...

It's not just an NFJ thing.

+1

Between the one INFJ and the INTJ that I know, I definitely would fear the stare of the INTJ moreso than the F.

I think it more has to do with the way you get into the mood you do.

In my experience.. INTJ's have a very interesting way of balancing this "I don't care enough/it's not efficient enough to voice my irritation here." and "I don't mind saying what needs to be said/That's bugging me, so let's fix it by saying so."
My INFJ is misleading because he's very E for an I.. Insufficient data.

That being said.. I've been told that since I'm usually happy, or usually I tell people nicely off to the side the things that need to be said, that it can be scary to just give this angry stare. To see someone that's usually open and forth-right get angry in a way that's silent and piercing is unexpected and, thus, mayhap a bit more terrifying than from someone you'd expect it from.

If you're usually an outspoken angry person, or if you're not quick to anger, I'd say these two make for the most potentially fearful soul-piercing stares.

G

Glycerine

+1

Between the one INFJ and the INTJ that I know, I definitely would fear the stare of the INTJ moreso than the F.

I think it more has to do with the way you get into the mood you do.

In my experience.. INTJ's have a very interesting way of balancing this "I don't care enough/it's not efficient enough to voice my irritation here." and "I don't mind saying what needs to be said/That's bugging me, so let's fix it by saying so."
My INFJ is misleading because he's very E for an I.. Insufficient data.

That being said.. I've been told that since I'm usually happy, or usually I tell people nicely off to the side the things that need to be said, that it can be scary to just give this angry stare. To see someone that's usually open and forth-right get angry in a way that's silent and piercing is unexpected and, thus, mayhap a bit more terrifying than from someone you'd expect it from.

If you're usually an outspoken angry person, or if you're not quick to anger, I'd say these two make for the most potentially fearful soul-piercing stares.

I'm the second way, haha.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I only get pierced by the NTJs because the Fs seem to take one look in and run away trying to scrub their brains. :devil:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I've never felt intimidated or put-off by NFJs of any kind, nor NTJs. Crossing up an ISTJ/ISTP might lead to a hard stare, however.
Oh yeah, definitely +1 for the ISTJ evil eye. I tormented the ISTJ in my circle of friends geeks in high school, and was psychically fueled by his visible anger.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't met someone who did that, but if they did, it would give me a reason to look them in the eye since I always seem to never find a persons eyes worth noticing.

mnbvcxz

MBTI Type
INTP
I've known INTJ's to do that too...

Agree.

The ENFJs I know DEFINITELY do the "soul-piercing stare" ..... NOBODY else does but an INTJ I know.

Also, though I'm an INTP ..... I think I'm a split personality-type between work-life (more INTJ) and else (INTP) ...... and I've been told (and can personally feel) a few times that I give this stare to co-workers when they're saying stuff and I don't think they're correct in what they're saying. The comments have been to the extent that it's a real condescending and "you're really full of crap"-type look.

B

beyondaurora

Wow. I'm characteristically known for a few types of "looks" that I give people.

1) The "I don't believe a word you're saying" look. This usually occurs with my boyfriend. It typically happens when he's telling me a story (something he did during the day, for example), and I'm feeling out his truthfulness. I'm scanning his face for "tells". I may give the look, however, even before I have come to a conclusion about his honesty.

2) The "This is so amazing to talk to you about something that really means something to me!" look. I am typically reserved in nature, but when something really interests me, I "come alive" and have been told that I have a very active, passionate look in my eyes.

3) The "I can see through to your soul" look. This is intent eye contact with the motive of deeply connecting with the other person. My best guy friend has told me that on numerous occasions he has had to look away from me because he needed to guard himself from connecting with me too deeply. Our relationship is strictly platonic, but he has felt in these moments, flashes of something more.

4) The "I'm analyzing why you are the way you are" look. My sister gets really pissed off at me because she feels like I am judging her when she's telling me things about herself. In reality, I'm just trying to understand why she is the way she is (we're REALLY different people). I'm really not trying to judge her, just understand her.

Communication for me heavily relies on giving and receiving visual cues.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My cat Peaches can stare down anyone. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ +1. I have night-terrors of Peaches all the time.

It is my belief cats may possess some of the scariest glares in the animal kingdom.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

It is my belief cats may possess some of the scariest glares in the animal kingdom.
Bah. I ain't afraid of no animal that can't even fit me in its mouth.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Psh. Empathy?? Cats?! Our house burned down, and we saved the cat on the way out, and when it's all said and done the cat just started whining that we hadn't fed her yet.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The Peachanator is ISTJ. She doesn't like you.
Hey, man, you got me!

total_recall-benni-2.jpg

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Psh. Empathy?? Cats?! Our house burned down, and we saved the cat on the way out, and when it's all said and done the cat just started whining that we hadn't fed her yet.

Dogs do not have empathy. They are just mirrors for human emotions. Dog ownership says more about the owners than the dogs themselves.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
My house caught on fire, and kitty saved the day by barfing all over the flames.

Gauche

I think there are bigger beasts than cats out there :horor: