• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you move, or do people move for you?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
This is only posted here because I'm NF, everyone is welcome to answer. :)

I just wanted to see if there was some type answer to this because I was walking, and moved out of the way for someone and started to wonder if particular types are movers or move out of my way people.

So basically which are you?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yea stylistically. I like to exercise my athleticism in those instances and use my juke moves. It's pretty serious business, I've been known to make people lose their shoes, or break their ankles. I'm pretty agile and swift. Twinkle toes is a name I'm not too surprised by.

If I'm not energized I just go for the Heisman stiff arm.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
:laugh: The imagery in my head right now is hilarious. "Juke moves" must practise mine. :alttongue:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yea it's kind of sad. :blush: my friends actually look out for it, they get a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's instinctive now. It's basically a facet of my INTP mind. It was how I used to practice my soccer moves - being the socially awkward aloof fool I am I thought the best time to work on them was daily interaction - the reaction time that's needed was the big pull. More authentic that way.

If I took dance classes, I'd bet I'd be pretty sick...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm a mover. I don't believe in hierarchy so there is really no reason not to, unless for some stupid reason I feel like colliding with someone.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a mover. I don't believe in hierarchy so there is really no reason not to, unless for some stupid reason I feel like colliding with someone.

Seconded. It would be really silly to bump into people just for showing that you are an alpha male. (but since I am not, it would be a lie anyway...)

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP

I like to use this phenomenon as a useful experiment on myself. Sometimes I'll make a point of attempting to clear a path for myself by outward demeanor alone [eye contact, body carriage, etc.], or conversely, I'll make a conscious effort to 'make way' for even the meekest person that comes across my path.

Personally, I find the 'Mover' mindset is only slightly more difficult to maintain than the one needed for being the 'Movee'.

Also interesting to observe is the reaction caused by moving out of the way of someone who is clearly attempting to slink out of your way -- besides resulting in the typical slapstick-type "Are we dancing?" sort of exchanges, I have noticed a certain panic-like response from the folks trying to avoid notice/dominance/etc., usually followed by a brief instant of 'proud puffed-upness' after they realize I have deferred to them. This effect is more noticeable if I apologize to them excessively, avoid direct eye contact, and smile nervously at the floor.

Of course none of this works with morons yakking away loudly on their cell phones. ;)

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
This is only posted here because I'm NF, everyone is welcome to answer. :)

I just wanted to see if there was some type answer to this because I was walking, and moved out of the way for someone and started to wonder if particular types are movers or move out of my way people.

It's weird -- I'm not an aggressive person, but I like to walk fast, and often people move out of my way. I apparently look as though I'm walking with a purpose.

When I'm driving, however, I move out of the way for others. I hate being aggressive behind the wheel.

Sarah

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I normally move and actually I even walk a bit back or wait for other people to pass. I am that polite normally. It just has to do with respect, in my opinion. And normally I do respect other people, even if I don't know them. *shrug*

Sometimes I do walk fast, then neither one has to move really. But yeah, normally I do.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a mover...even if I've got a fast pace going, I will tend to side-step to allow someone else to pass by. However, I do often run into the problem where the other person tries to move as well, winding up right back in front of me...then it turns into a sort of awkward half-box step dance where we both end up laughing like nerds, apologizing, and finally getting it right by stepping away in the opposite directions.

if this is an 'F' thing, I must come across a lot of them. :huh:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I move, bend, slip and slide around and through the crowds. I'm too fast for them to move and too impatient to wait. So I slide. Sliiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Sadly, I move out the way like a punk. And I sometimes apologize for no reason, lol. I wish I could say otherwise.

V

violaine

I love that other people think of these things too, lol. :cheers: BerberElla.

I used to always move out of the way of others, in an anticipatory way and reflexively without even really thinking about it. But since I moved to New York, I'm more conscious of it and don't so easily. I started to experiment with how far I could walk in a straight line in NYC. To see who would move out of the way - surprisingly, other people do get out the way! :D (Though I exempted children and the elderly from this.) I only do this infrequently now as I prefer to duck and weave in order to get where I want to go.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I love that other people think of these things too, lol. :cheers: BerberElla.

I used to always move out of the way of others, in an anticipatory way and reflexively without even really thinking about it. But since I moved to New York, I'm more conscious of it and don't so easily. I started to experiment with how far I could walk in a straight line in NYC. To see who would move out of the way - surprisingly, other people do get out the way! :D (Though I exempted children and the elderly from this.) I only do this infrequently now as I prefer to duck and weave in order to get where I want to go.

Interesting. I tend to walk quite fast, and often just move where I need to instinctually to keep the pace.

heart

heart on fire
Depends on my mood and the crowd. I went to a crowded high school, one would never get anywhere at class change time without learning to push.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This really depends on what mood I am in. I move and act like a gentleman for people who seem careful and fragile while I will not step out of the way for people who seem to want to walk straight through me. I will not, however, take either side. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People tend to move out of my way, since I'm 6'3 and I weigh 200 pounds lol. But if someone isn't paying attention then I'll move.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Depends, if someone seemed walking like a savage expecting people to move for him, then I don't move.

Or if I'm bored or in a playful mood and try to confuse people to which side of them I'm walking. This could take some time.

In other situations, I move if there was no reason not to.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to move for anyone when I was younger - nowadays, people move out of the way for me (and for good reason, too), except if they're the poorly, or elderly.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dance out of people's way