• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NJs and Ps

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
... but I have had strong Js suggest I may be because they tend to project their extremely black and white way of thinking onto everyone else. ...I'm not saying all, or most, Js are like this, but keep in mind that flaws you perceive in people different from you might just be the old J trap of leaping to conclusions on painfully little evidence.

Congrats booyalab. I guess this is your roundabout way of insulting me as you deceive me with your complex, compound sentences. How brilliant!

Huh? I'm so confused now. booya made it a point to explain that this was her experience with some Js and it didn't necessarily apply to you. Is there a joke I'm missing, or are you being serious?

She has a good point that most of us have a tendency to see the flaw in the other person before we see it in ourselves. I know I've done that plenty of times.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Aww. It's a national hobby to get offended these days.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
this thread is disastrous lol. humorous but disastrous.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
I thought I understood this thread, but I got lost halfway through.

Something's spooky.

:party:

Well it's simply that felt_up seem to have a grudge atm. Wich is understandable, me also being an INFJ. Hanging around P's for to long usually makes an INFJ go nuts at some time, especially when decisions or something that needs conclusion are so easily approched and we can see the goal but people around one circle around the problem and altogether avoid it. And writing it on a forum in hope of getting empathy is hard considering his approach and will likely just keep spinning the bad circle that the INFJ has got into.

To: felt_up

The only way out would be to try to enjoy P's for who they are, don't hang out with them for to long if you can't handle them, seek out other J's instead (for variation). I personally noticed that hanging out with other J's for a long time made me realize and appreciate P's more and the same vice versa.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
felt_up, here's a hug. Sorry those darn Ps are working your nerves. Damn Ps, ruining everything! *gives felt_up something to throw*

It's ok, let it out, vent.

*making notes as felt_up vents for conversation later on when felt_up is calmer*

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm as forthright as they come and I'm a P.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my infj mother is totally passive aggressive so is my isfj sister but me and my other enfp sister always say what's on our mind and are pretty blunt about it.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
my infj mother is totally passive aggressive so is my isfj sister but me and my other enfp sister always say what's on our mind and are pretty blunt about it.
and i thought ur sister was an entp!
u lied to me :cry:

btw check this out, i'm an enfp now!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aww...yes...my soul sista eck is entp but the other one...totally enfp...i think...haha

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Are you accusing me of lying? :steam:

You know that Batman copycat wearing hockey pads in "The Dark Knight". If he stared me in the face and told me "I'm Batman!" I could think of a couple of possible replies. Calling him a liar wouldn't be one of them though :happy0065:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no, of p-o-s-i-n-g

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea us P's just suck at life.

I thought we established this already, in another thread.

heart

heart on fire
I've noted when speaking with Ps they are often indirect and passive-aggressive. Instead of asking for information they want, they tend phish and phish and phish for it.

When I've Phished people in this way I've done it to find out how they are feeling or thinking, I won't know what to ask next until I have the first answer because before I have that information the focus could have gone in any direction. It's more an example of how my mind is working rather than a desire to be passive-aggressive or intentionally indirect. To me often the conversation is not about what I directly want but rather about what the me and the other person are thinking and feeling in that moment and how our two states interact in regard to what we both want and how to come to consensus on this. It's a living, growing process that involves the other person's input which I am trying to find out before proceeding on my way.

This is a sure-fire way thing for me and my INFJ husband to argue about when we are either tired or overstressed. The more tired I am, the more scattered I can become. It's very hard often to narrow down precise on one aspect of something I am thinking of and then if I want to start talking about it, I want to say it all at once and the results can seem meandering to someone else.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you really think being burdened is the most mature response here?

(I kid, kid...you're right, I'd totally say something like that though.)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yea us P's just suck at life.

I thought we established this already, in another thread.

(*Australian accent*)NOTE: The ever-optimistic ESFP in its natural habitat! Extraordinary!(/*Australian accent*)

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I love this sort of thread.

The op complains about a certain tendency.
People respond to it to try and explore the issue.
The op directly insults them.
Obviously they're the ones with the issues.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree in general that Ps may ask for things in indirect ways. It can be annoying, but I don't really mind most of the time. I find it better than the imposing style of some Js. Hang out with more J types on a regular basis. You'll come to love and appreciate all that is P :)

Oh, and like a few others have said, TPs can be as blunt as an old razor. Case in point:

I love this sort of thread.

The op complains about a certain tendency.
People respond to it to try and explore the issue.
The op directly insults them.
Obviously they're the ones with the issues.

Gotta love it.