• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Why does our mood plummet??

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Don't know if this is a type thing but sometimes, well occasionally in actual fact, my mood just simply plummets without warning or reason... what is that?? One minute on a high and the next my insides are dying and because it alters my awareness it seems like I am watching the world die around me too ( I know that technically I am but that is a different thread) Just wondered if this is a type problem or a medical one LOL!!

wolfy

awsm
Don't know if this is a type thing but sometimes, well occasionally in actual fact, my mood just simply plummets without warning or reason... what is that?? One minute on a high and the next my insides are dying and because it alters my awareness it seems like I am watching the world die around me too ( I know that technically I am but that is a different thread) Just wondered if this is a type problem or a medical one LOL!!

My moods go up and down like that too. I started a thread about it here.

Atomic Fiend

Yeah I go through something similar, I think it's best to stay away from people when this happens, at least in my case.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thanks for the link Wolfy! Now its strange cos I would not class myself as moody at all and no one around me would either I just get these freak emotional thunderstorms and when they come they are so far out to my usual status quo that I can become very impulsive... weird

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mine can do that too...just a sad thought that comes to mind usually.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
So something definately triggers it yea? How long does it stay with you?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for me...yeah...i think so.
and it depends...sometimes all day unless i can sufficiently distract myself.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
mmm... Another strange thing is that whilst I have no problem with positive feelings I find myself having to have an explanation for negatie ones.. Almost like they have to justify their place in my emotional life... I wish I could be one of those people that is just like, "I'm in a bad mood just deal with it"

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mmm... Another strange thing is that whilst I have no problem with positive feelings I find myself having to have an explanation for negatie ones.. Almost like they have to justify their place in my emotional life... I wish I could be one of those people that is just like, "I'm in a bad mood just deal with it"

i think it must be an enfp thing...supposedly we are like people in love all the time...we are comfortable with feelings of elation...love...happiness...not so much the negative feelings.
that is definitely true for me...and when you're so high usually...it's a hard fall...and it hurts...so i try to feel better as soon as possible.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea I forgot about that thing about people in love all the time.. You know one weird Wild horses fact... My pupils are in a constant state of dilation it weird and people often comment on it... Looks like the ENFPness gets into your genes LOL

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have mood changes sometimes. But usually its my energy level that changes all the time. One second i'll be bouncing off the walls and the next second ready or a nap. Mostly i'm happy, but it can appear that my mood changed when I'm all bouncy and then suddenly laying down.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea I forgot about that thing about people in love all the time.. You know one weird Wild horses fact... My pupils are in a constant state of dilation it weird and people often comment on it... Looks like the ENFPness gets into your genes LOL

yes...it's weird right? i've heard you're so sparkly or glowy more then is probably normal too....which is what people say to people in love...isn't it??

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Diet and exercise has a lot to do with it. Avoid sugary food because your blood sugar level will spike and you will crash. Try to stick to whole grains at small regular intervals throughout the day. Regular exercise also helps because causes the release of endorphins.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thanks Lost I know I won't be able to stick to it but I will give anything a go! :)

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks Lost I know I won't be able to stick to it but I will give anything a go! :)

That's not too difficult. Just fine yourself $10 for each infraction. You're behavior immediately. If the cake that is calling your name costs 16.99 instead of $6.99 it's much easier to go without. The trick to making it work is actually paying the fines. Make the fine painful. Donate to Sarah Palin's 2008 presidential run or smth like that.:D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ try b12 or st. johns wort too :D

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea st. John's wart sends me on a trip that I rarely return from unless I stop taking it LOL Will try b12 though esp seens as I am a vegetarian Prob quite low on the stuff cheers Erina!!

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Don't know about b12. St John's wort was apparently just proven to be more or less useless.

"Sam-e" is supposed to be good. You can get it cheap at costco. Also take Omega 3 fish oil. You need one with a high EPA/DHA ratio--meaning more EPA than DHA. I buy mine from lef.org. But you can get it at the vitamin shoppe.

I take four 2000mg capsules daily based on this book by a Harvard Doc:

Amazon.com: The Omega-3 Connection: The Groundbreaking Antidepression Diet and Brain Program: Andrew Stoll: Books

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
*nods in agreement with Lost*

Proper diet and sufficient exercise helps keep bad moods away. I believe studies have shown a 30 minute brisk walk several times a week is helpful in maintaining serotonin levels. Low serotonin levels in your brains has been attributed to depression.