• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Does your mood change your personality types?

Chukamok

MBTI Type
IXFP
When I'm at rest and at ease I'm strongly INFP. When I'm angry or annoyed I tend to turn INTP. Anyone else have the Doctor Jeckyll and Mr Hyde thing going on with their personality types?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I would say my ability to adapt to accommodate other types alters based on my mood.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I wouldn't say I act like other types in different moods. I don't think people generally do. But we do have moods.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if you type your mod, then yes.
I know i do

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was in a terrible mood and I had a headache today. So I went to work, and despite other people's joking and laughing and gossiping at me, I kind of just smiled at them but overall kept to myself. I wanted to get my work done really fast and did everything very efficiently and thoroughly and didn't talk much and stuck to myself and finally convinced myself that I was an ISTJ. changed back by the end of the shift though.
lol!! ..
true story.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
When I'm at rest and at ease I'm strongly INFP. When I'm angry or annoyed I tend to turn INTP. Anyone else have the Doctor Jeckyll and Mr Hyde thing going on with their personality types?

I think my personality doesn't change but my behaviour changes. So, when I'm angry, I'm very explosive. When I'm happy, I radiant my energy. When I'm sad, I want to left alone. But I do understand what you mean, the behavior can look like other personality type's average behavior pattern.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

the characteristics you exhibit
when in a mood, certain cognitive functions would be played up.
whether in a negative fashion or not, they can shape or define your mood.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My type doesn't change with moods but I can express myself as more E, S, F or J.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I feel insecure, I test as an INFP

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
type can't change with moods. or at all for that matter, only in extreme cases.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
When very stressed and loaded with work, I "turn" into an STJ. (Of course, I don't literally turn into anything else, I just use the Si+Te combination more as they are better dealing with stress and work. It's quite tiring, so eventually I have to switch back to my Fi+Ne.)

I also appear very ENFP to others. My friends have often been surprised by the amount of alone time I need (or even by the fact that I need it).

dyspraxion

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
4w5
When I manage to actually relax, or when I manage to not be overly-analytical and self-protective, I am an INFP.

I, N, and P are consistently 80% or higher. T/F tends to fluctuate.

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm a different type every day in my own mind ;) Yeah, my mood does influence what type I think I am.

I stagger back and forth between T and F, J and P. I think that just means i'm INFP though. I honestly don't think i'll ever be certain of my type.

wolfy

awsm

ISFP most of the time and when I'm annoyed ENTJ.

G

Glycerine

Although it doesn't fit the cognitive processes, I can kind of act like an ESFP when I'm stressed. I swear I had an ESFP " facade in some of my classes and many of the traits weren't so negative (even though I was being my shadow). Many people thought I was funny and fun and basically had a little tension with a couple of highly intuitive teachers because of my persona.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Exactly! Man, sometimes I think I'm going mad because of this, lol. I can definitely turn into an INTP within a matter of seconds if someone crosses me. I am severely sarcastic/cynical so I think I have a little of INTP with me at all times. But it just takes one stupid remark from someone and I'm practically gone lol.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
to the poster: did you ever consider its a flair up of your shadow function when stressed. because its your shadow, your may not know how to handle it when it flairs up and it turns into anger. you cannot change to an INTP because anger doesn't equate thinking and the T in an INTP is introverted and has to do with how you process the information you are receiving from your extroverted intuition, it has nothing to do with anger or even being cold to the outside world.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have really bad moon swings, but my center seems to hover over the INFP type..that is, when I'm not acting "normal". Sometimes at home, I may tend to act like an ENFP when I'm in an upbeat mood, but that isn't too public. But when I get down, my Introversion magnifies, and I completely cut off, even if I'm around other people.