• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP body language

dearie.b

MBTI Type
INFJ
I need help from you ENFP guys.

The question is: do you really know how you feel?

The ENFP I've known for 7 years told me he was attracted to me
but he knew his lifestyle is too different from mine and he was not
in the head space for a relationship. We are not living in the
same city now and it seems that he does bot intend to see me again.

However, other signs (body language, tones...) told me that he wanted to
take care of me...

My intuition tells me to wait until he sort out his feelings, but I
wonder if it is my own INFJ stubbornness. :confused:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He might have very fond feelings for you, and if you invoke his 'protective' vibe that will only make him care more for you, however I'd say he's scared of hurting you coz he hasn't got it all together yet (I'm female though, so..guys, I'm looking at you to see if it does work like this).

Best you can do, I think, is spend time with him. If you want him, stay on his mind by staying in touch, but also give him the room to sort out what he needs to sort out. That way you minimize the chances of both of you getting hurt. Chatting, emails, sms, getting together as 'friends'. Give it time to blossom ;)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
the advise above is excellent, give him the space to think but keep yourself in his mind

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

The ENFP I've known for 7 years told me he was attracted to me
but he knew his lifestyle is too different from mine and he was not
in the head space for a relationship. We are not living in the
same city now and it seems that he does bot intend to see me again.

However, other signs (body language, tones...) told me that he wanted to
take care of me...

My intuition tells me to wait until he sort out his feelings, but I
wonder if it is my own INFJ stubbornness. :confused:
Insufficient details provided here in order for me to give you any kind of potentially helpful advice.

In other words, more please. :)

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have a sum totla of 3 emotional states.

-Happy
-Meh
-Hungry

I always know which is which.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ me too...i'm kinda thirsty a lot too :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i'm a lil whooo!! haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
blue's got a point....

dearie.b

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thank you all for the advise.
I will not contact him again but I will not use the word
DUMP. Usu he would say something like calling me or seeing
me again before parting. But this time he said nothing.
And he made it clear that he did not want me to move
for him.

So I guess I'll leave him alone, as long as he's happy.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aww...well i'm glad you got some resolve then.

Unique

Interestingly I've found ENFPs while very in touch with how others are feeling are not so good at picking up on body language cues etc... that could just happen to be the ENFPs I know though

The Chase

MBTI Type
ENFP
Interestingly I've found ENFPs while very in touch with how others are feeling are not so good at picking up on body language cues etc... that could just happen to be the ENFPs I know though

That depends. If the body language is directed towards someone else, then I read it like a book.

If said body language is directed towards me... I am sometimes mildly retarded ESPECIALLY if it's flirtatious. I tend to be pretty easy going and playful with everyone that I meet... and so I will sometimes mistake flirting for someone just being friendly. So if I'm out with a really close friend... they'll usually point that stuff out to me (though usually way after the fact when I can no longer do anything about it).

It's annoying really.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Not me. I'm an absolute retard when it comes to people's affections and flirtations toward me. It has to be just above the "Ugg want sex now!" for me to register.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i can be pretty oblivious when people are flirting with me too. i can tell when someone likes me but i can't tell if it's just friendly or flirting.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Usually yes.

I think ENFP's are good in picking up others emotions and feeling what the other people are feeling. But ENFP's aren't necessarily good in picking up the body language. (I mean ENFP's can intuitively feel the other but not necessarily pick up the details in the other person.)

This can also be only my own way of working and not a general ENFP thing.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm non-oblivious. If anything, I'm too aware. There's a big difference between gregariousness, enthusiasm, and flirting. And most flirting is friendly. When it comes to flirting with intent, I know it. Probably because when I want to make my intentions known, I'm pretty obvious myself.

And Dearie.B -- good for you. Let people go if they can't be what you want.

I understand the concept of 'sticking around and being there' for people who are on the rebound or confused -- basically waiting around and supporting them until they becmoe who you want them to be. Personally, once you've established mutual attraction and have it out in the open, the 'just be friends [for now???] route' is a very bad idea that sets you up to get played.

Unique

I think ENFP's are good in picking up others emotions and feeling what the other people are feeling. But ENFP's aren't necessarily good in picking up the body language. (I mean ENFP's can intuitively feel the other but not necessarily pick up the details in the other person.)

yeah pretty much what I'm saying :)