• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] E/INTJs interacting with ENFJs

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ah, sweet duality...

Some things get to be so clear sometimes. See, I know an ENTJ woman, lived with her for a while, and I know how she's living now. And I also recently got to know an INFP. It's just so freaking obvious what those two could do for each other. I know how she lives and acts; and I saw what he does with his eyes. It'd be an instant thing. If she would get over choosing lovers for their upward-mobility and he would... dunno, don't know him well enough... maybe he just has to be on time. :)

It's almost a pity they live in different cities.

Actually, what I saw with the INFP wasn't just the eye thing. There's something rugged and fierce going on inside INFPs. Total match for the overwhelming force of an ENTJ. Something, and this is rare, something she'd be awed by if she saw it. Not cowed, but awed, and admiring and seeking.

In that austere, fierce, would you believe "passionate", XNTJ way, it's beautiful.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I strongly disagree.

the ENTJ INFP isnt duality... it ends up being a relation of supervision. Each person gets slightly irked when the other uses their weak conscious function so well.

The INFP is constantly reminded about how much they suck with Te. The ENTJ is constantly reminded how they either a) cant feel or b) get way to melodramatic when they do feel.

True duality, is when each person covers the others 8th and 7th functions. So NTJ and NFJ have some sort of duality because one provides Fe for the NTJ and the the other provides Te for the NFJ. This works better than the NFP/NTJ because neither person is upset about how good the other is with their gift. The ENTJ could give two shits about how the ENFJ is able to Fe her way around with his friends because the ENTJ never aspired to be that in the first place! It ends up being that each person covers the other 8th or 7th functions and makes a stronger team.

I wonder if I'm a slightly more Fe aware ENTJ. Living with my ESFJ mom has made me learn how to walk on egg shells when necessary. For me:

1. being with someone who understands Ni is a huge plus that can't be understated.
2. being with another NTJ would be like dating yourself
3. therefore NFJs are awesome as long as you have some tact and have skill at mediating/avoiding miscommunication.

It might also be a maturity thing. When I was younger I never really had much thought about the NFJs. However, meeting an NFJ recently and never falling harder in my life? I've had to reconsider all the things I usually hate about Fe.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Around an ENTJ who's going to get to use Te anyway? You guys got that covered so very completely it's a non-question.

And since you do, you have little or no need for deception. You blurt out whtever's on your mind with nary a thought for how it sounds.

And an INFP doesn't cope at all well with people who deceive or put on a false front. They need that blunt, relentless truth telling. Seems to me. They also need someone who acts immediately.

Tell a story: an INFP and his gf, an INFJ, were playing pool in a bar. Up strolls some playa type who's slick and smooth and knows them both. He was an E of some kind anyway. By way of starting conversation, he reaches out and touches the INFJ's cheek. Watching from afar I saw the INFP see that. He was taking his shot at the time.

INFJ keeps chatting with playa because she's smooth herself with people one on one--she thinks so anyway--, and she's in charge of parceling out part time work at her place and this guy was possibly coming to take a few hours she needed filled.

INFP, meanwhile, was coping with that split second instinct he'd had, to swing his pool cue and take interloper down. Anyone looking at the scene from where I was couldn't have failed to see it. It was the damndest split second photo. INFP didn't swing, of course, and therefore he held onto all those feelings of jealousy and rage and failure for the rest of the evening.

Now, my question: in that same situation, if his girlfriend were an ENTJ instead of this INFJ, what would INFP have seen when playa stepped up?

Short answer is playa wouldn't have gotten within 10 feet of an ENTJ if he was trying smooth moves, she would be too ready to laugh at him, and if he did get close enough anyway, she would have immediately and in full view of everyone, acted to back him down and reassert her dominance of the room. Playa wouldn't get away with a stroke of her cheek. INFP would have seen an ENTJ gf aggressively, and with a competitive smile, back playa off and back him down. I think so anyway.

So there's that.

As for what the INFP does for the ENTJ... is there a person alive who can tell an ENTJ s/he's walking down a path that'll hurt the ENTJ if ENTJ's made up her mind about what actions she going to take? An INFJ would try. Lord, would an INFj try. She'd fail though, because she'd be relying on Fe to make the ENTJ believe. An INFP might well not say anything at all, but anyone with an ounce of Te would see that something was wrong with him, and if she cared, both for the INFP and her plan, she'd act to fix it. (And that's where INFPs being fierce and rugged inside comes into play, incidentally. Their insides will not be steamrolled by an ENTJ the way pretty much everything else will be, and that's the only part the INFP will care about.)

Something like that. Seems to me anyway.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stand back and watch the Mr. Smoothmove work? I'm sorry, I would have entered into the conversation. Never let a guy around your girl go with out interruption, never.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stand back and watch the Mr. Smoothmove work? I'm sorry, I would have entered into the conversation. Never let a guy around your girl go with out interruption, never.

but what if it means you read into everything way too much and become a control freak who flips out with jealousy every time a guy talk to ur girl? :huh::huh: ....:doh:

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ

Agree.

Interrupt. You can do it without looking insecure.

The guys is pulling the 'alpha male' routine on you....he is try to mark his territory....and you need to stop him. Trust me, she is watching to see what you do too.....

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
but what if it means you read into everything way too much and become a control freak who flips out with jealousy every time a guy talk to ur girl? :huh::huh: ....:doh:

Hehehehehe, it's called interrupting with out freaking out. You do it calmly and in control of yourself. It's about making sure there's nothing going on with out punishing the other two parties. If something happens that offends me with out being detrimental in actuality, I will discuss it afterward with her. Finally, if it's obvious he's getting obnoxious, I have to do something, period. I otherwise just let my undertones do the talking.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it kind of helps to be fun with your girlfriend too. Balance it right and she won't need that kind of attention from other guys.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
The difficulty for this particular INFP was his gf was INFJ. He hadn't been on any kind of steady ground with her since they started dating some months before. (Nor she with him, either.) By this particular evening they were already well into an almost daily cycle of break ups and puzzled, tacit reconciliations. So he didn't really have the option of making alpha moves. He couldn't be at all sure she would have cooperated. She probably would even have criticised him for being too sensitive since in her eyes she would have been doing nothing more than setting up some work.

I like the guy. He's probably too intense for my I to handle, but in small doses the robust, earthy, fierce stuff that comes out of him is liberating. She's great too. Just as robust and fierce, though that Fe makes a hammer of her output sometimes.

They're still together.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I generally agree with the first part of your post Kalach. However I have some points to contend for the second part:

As for what the INFP does for the ENTJ... is there a person alive who can tell an ENTJ s/he's walking down a path that'll hurt the ENTJ if ENTJ's made up her mind about what actions she going to take? An INFJ would try. Lord, would an INFj try. She'd fail though, because she'd be relying on Fe to make the ENTJ believe. An INFP might well not say anything at all, but anyone with an ounce of Te would see that something was wrong with him, and if she cared, both for the INFP and her plan, she'd act to fix it. (And that's where INFPs being fierce and rugged inside comes into play, incidentally. Their insides will not be steamrolled by an ENTJ the way pretty much everything else will be, and that's the only part the INFP will care about.)

Something like that. Seems to me anyway.

So in effect you think the ENTJ is going to employ psudo Fe and detect that something is bothering the INFP and then start to examine themselves?

I think its far more likely that the INFJ would succeed via REAL Fe, at accessing the inner sentimental side of the ENTJ.

You have to remember that this isn't standard ESFJ Fe, this is Ni directed Fe! Secondly, I dont think Fe is nearly as shallow of a function we have all painted it to be. It isnt about following social mores and manners. Fe is about picking up the feelings/vibes of others. SFJs are big on social norms because not following those norms, often makes others in the room feel less comfortable...the Fe then picks up on all of that. So now imagine a Ni directed Fe. Ni/Fe is a very powerful tool at prying out the inner feelings of others.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I generally agree with the first part of your post Kalach. However I have some points to contend for the second part:

So in effect you think the ENTJ is going to employ psudo Fe and detect that something is bothering the INFP and then start to examine themselves?
Honestly, I dunno how it works. INFPs maybe can chime in. What I noticed myself dealing with an INFP is he would say stuff that NiTe could pick up, process and respond to. Not vibes or feelings, but sharp questions about the meaning of projects and actions.

That story in particular at the pool table, I doubt I was using any kind of F to pick up his mood. I think I picked up action cues. It just looked like one of those photos you see, or a scene in a movie--he was, for a split second, poised.

I think its far more likely that the INFJ would succeed via REAL Fe, at accessing the inner sentimental side of the ENTJ.

Could be. Might well be. It'd be a dangerous undertaking, though, wouldn't it? Aren't 4th functions fairly unconscious, or at least not very much under conscious control? And they're usually darker, more reactive than active? What would an ENTJ do if he realised someone was doing something to him and he didn't know what it was but it was making him very nervous?

Besides, if someone's accessing 4th functions or even 3rd functions, they'd really better not be hitting them directly. Dominant function's gonna want to know what's up first, and might fight, especially if 4th function is sending up frightened signals from the basement.

INFJ would talk her Fe too, probably (if that makes any sense), rather than manufacture consent through the time consuming and energy sapping rigamarole an ENFJ would lap up for desert. INFJ'd bang up against Te, wouldn't she? (Unless, like it sounds in your case, the ENTJ is actively paying attention and looking for answers he can use.)

I think whatever's going on, it's likely just to be that much more comfortable and meaningful for the ENTJ (and INTJ, too) if feeling is engaged as something like an expression of satisfaction in the kind of action an E/INTJ would normally take anyway.

Gah! You know what, how treading on dangerous ground am I not, right now? This is theory, and it speaks to real life, but real life comes first. In real life people sometimes do better than theory.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Actually, I have it the wrong way around: what I said is my theory, and real life can do better than MY theory, not least because my theory is based on a relatively shallow understanding of MBTI stuff and on some stuff I've seen.

And I was thinking about INFJs. The INFJ in the pool table story is a friend and I like her, and we can talk, especially if the topic is people, but she makes me nervous all the same. Fe just is a hammer to my poor sweet little 3rd function Fi, maybe because it is "i" and it's 3rd. But when she and I talk, if the topic is people or me or herself, then she's digging into her 3rd function too, which would be Ti. Then I guess my Te is a bit of a hammer on that for her too.

Or something like that.

INFPs have Te as a 4th function. Unconscious, uncontrolled, jumping up only when FiNe are doing best what they do best. Making them really strong on Te if and only if sensitive feeling stuff is satisfied. So, as far as I understand this bastard version of MBTI of mine, it makes (coherent theory) sense that they add in good stuff pretty much exactly where the ENTJ wants it and can't control for themselves--the missing piece to a really good, really satisfying leap into immediate action.

And once again, this is theory, theory, theory. Supposedly for optimising outcomes. What people choose to put their heart and effort into in real life is more valuable, if only because it's what they choose, and choice is valuable.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The difficulty for this particular INFP was his gf was INFJ. He hadn't been on any kind of steady ground with her since they started dating some months before. (Nor she with him, either.) By this particular evening they were already well into an almost daily cycle of break ups and puzzled, tacit reconciliations. So he didn't really have the option of making alpha moves. He couldn't be at all sure she would have cooperated. She probably would even have criticised him for being too sensitive since in her eyes she would have been doing nothing more than setting up some work.

I like the guy. He's probably too intense for my I to handle, but in small doses the robust, earthy, fierce stuff that comes out of him is liberating. She's great too. Just as robust and fierce, though that Fe makes a hammer of her output sometimes.

They're still together.

She and I wouldn't have been. Daily breakup/reconcile is bullshit in my book and I don't entertain that. Someone else can deal with that game.

Hap

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ
Well, I am an ENFJ .Everytime , I really can't understand why an INTJ is so angry .I don't know where is the angry from ,so I really don't know how to react. And then , this will goes worse and worse, This is really frustrated.

G

garbage

My ENFJ friend and I have trouble trusting each other. Sometimes I don't trust him when he says he won't try to use me as he does others he thinks less of. And sometimes he doesn't trust me when I express my loyalty.

I value him as a person, but I don't need to talk to him every single day and invite him to everything I do as he does me. It's just not how I roll with my friendships, and his view of friendship is vastly different than mine.

It's pretty rocky, to say the least. Every time we have a conflict and resolve it, I think it's resolved for good.. but then it turns out that it isn't. We're both trying to cede some ground to each other, but I know we both resist it. I keep questioning his motives and behavior, and he keeps questioning my stance on our friendship.

I was just reading something today that said that said that ENFJs and ENTJs are like mixing oil and water, not that are opposites, but that the ENxJ part of both of them makes them the dominant leader, which doesn't go well, because in their eyes, only one person is the leader..it's sort of like when two dogs meet, and they try to find the dominant male or female..well, maybe the same concept here, towards who the dominant leader is.

Also, the T and the F don't mix, necessarily, because their leading values are set of different levels.

Pretty much this, yeah

Hap

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ
Well,there is another conflict between the ENFJ and the INTJ. one of my friends is typically INTJ,everytime when we showed up in public. Here ,problem occured--both of us want to be the core. As an ENFJ, I thought i just did it by natural,and also I didn't mean to offend the INTJ .But,it did happened!!!!
According to myself,as an ENFJ ,If i want to be the king,it only just means i want to express my feeling out. So,even the competition between ENFJ and INTJ happened, I couldn't realized it,That's weird!! I also thought that upset situation was not caused by me !!! miserable!!!
So,tell me why the INTJ felt threatening? or something else?