• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What kind of fantasies do you female NF's have?

Quiesce

My waking life was once little more than a stream of "Conscious Daydreams", as Jennifer called them.

I hadn't even noticed that slip away from me.

I was never prone to sexual fantasies.

Lately I have a recurring daydream/nightdream that I am a horse unable to cease my furious gallop, running faster and faster until eventually I bust into a cloud of ash, swirling away in the winds . . .

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's an SP go easy on him.

At least he doesn't daydream about killing beautiful women and banging evil people. Then we'd have to do more than ban him. (Like, call the Cuckoo's Nest.)

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Today I pretended to be a worm. :D

And a squash flower.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My fantasies range from going on a nice weekend getaway with my hubby to traveling the world. My most vivid, however has to be watching an enemy wake up and realize that the pain in their neck that woke them was me cutting their throat. I watch them realize they are dead, that it was me who made them die, I watch the life drain from their eyes and smell their blood before I creep quietly back out their bedroom window. I haven't had that one in a few years, nor have I had the one about stabbing myself in the heart. Life has obviously gotten better.

...I'd always wondered how you INFJs reconcile the inherently ruthless nature of Ni with having Fe as your secondary function.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Off topic, but your comment, mycroft, about the ruthless nature of Ni has made quite an impact on me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you suppose the Ni nature is inherently ruthless, Mycroft?

My guess is because INxJs are so rare that they are picked on during their youth.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni is ruthless because it holds no point of view, really, as the "most accurate." It can reposition itself to perceive ANY viewpoint. There is really no inherent "best" externally objective moral POV, there is only a point of view that is chosen by the viewer...

This would seem to conflict with one's sense of how people should be treated externally (or COULD conflict, easily).

I found Mycroft's comment intriguing. INFJ would be in conflict. INTJ would not, though... which might lead to the "ruthless" reputation some INTJs acquire in pursuit of their goals.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you for that explanation, Jennifer, makes sense. Sometimes when you see something written a certain way it gives you pause.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm still letting this notion drift about my mind, but I'll attempt to explain what I meant. What Jennifer posted is a good, rational explanation. How I will attempt to expound is based upon personal experience and not much more, so bear with me.

Ni, in my experience, is charged with that imperative; that sense of "humans, animals, plants; life forms, in all their shapes and sizes, they come and they go. But this, this is beyond all of that. This is the way it must be, and I'll see to it!"

I can't really explain further without sounding like a nut case, but in my experience, Ni causes everything to seem like so much mist, and the revelations you have as so much more important that, hey, if you got to break a few eggs to make your omelet, then so be it. Te is, like all things consciously perceived, simply a tool used to implement these imperatives.

This being my experience, I was always curious how people for whom Fe is their secondary function, with its emphasis on the relationships between creatures that Ni would implicitly posit as nothing more than transient phenomena, reconcile those two.

...at any rate, I tried, and if this sounds like hogwash, you'll forgive me. Maybe in the future I'll be better able to elucidate what I mean.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
It wasn't hogwash at all. Maybe it's me, but I understood that. I do that. And I think it might be one of the things about me that annoys people.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Stangely, I fantasise a lot about protecting someone close to me....of course it's never just, "Go away, you horrible fiend!" It's always something far more violent (like growing fangs and ripping the offender to bits and pieces). And it scares me sometimes because it's so merciless...I worry that I'll actually do that one day--perhaps the worst part being that I'd might take pleasure in doing so.

I also fantasise about travelling countrysides and going on adventures. Today, I was the messanger for a king and roamed the woodlands with my partner to a province ruled by a grumpy, old lord. We had the ability to shapeshift. The roads were really muddy.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stangely, I fantasise a lot about protecting someone close to me....of course it's never just, "Go away, you horrible fiend!" It's always something far more violent (like growing fangs and ripping the offender to bits and pieces). And it [remove]scares me sometimes because[/remove] it's so merciless...[remove]I worry that I'll actually do that one day--perhaps the worst part being that[/remove] I'd [remove]might[/remove] take pleasure in doing so.

:)

I also fantasise about travelling countrysides and going on adventures. Today, I was the messanger for a king and roamed the woodlands with my partner to a province ruled by a grumpy, old lord. We had the ability to shapeshift. The roads were really muddy.

:)

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
They're probably not all as psychotic as me, nor have they read a bunch of Tom Clancy and Stephen Hunter novels.
I beg to differ.

I used to have lots of fantasies about people I hated like their cars or trucks crashing, catching fire, blowing up and visualize them on fire, screaming while I grin and maybe even laugh (I also do not have fantasies like this anymore - life has gotten better for me too).

I do sometimes still visualize punching people, throwing things at them or hitting them with an iron skillet when I get angry (when they "cross" me).

I am on an INFJ list and yes, we do get this way when we feel threatened.

So a reminder, don't cross an INFJ! :emot-emo:

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
This is totally off the cuff (and I admit it), but the very first thought that ran through my mind (and I will just think about women right now, although it might apply to men):

Are INFJ women terrified at the thought of lashing out at / hurting others?
And are INTJ women terrified at the thought of being powerless?

[Control issue: One fears losing control and hurting others, the other fears losing control and not being able to resolve/accomplish things]

And could these fears be what is coming out in the dreams? Are these negative feelings suppressed during the day and/or otherwise ignored, only to be dredged up by the subconscious and dealt with during sleep and/or daydreaming?

I wonder...
IMHO, yes, I like and agree with this theory. I am very afraid of hurting people and I also have a lot of nightmares where I am the instigator of the violent act. I also have a lot of nightmares where I am the victim too though.

Often I have nightmares where I accidentally allow something violent happen to someone I love, like my daughter, close friends or other family members. That is the protective nature in the INFJ.

I fantasize a lot also about going on trips, writing novels, visiting with my friends and family, what I am going to say to someone (rehearsing what I will say over and over).

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
...I'd always wondered how you INFJs reconcile the inherently ruthless nature of Ni with having Fe as your secondary function.
Sometimes I really hate being an INFJ for this very reason. The Ni part of me wants to say whatever I want, speak out and not care what the fuck people think. Then the damn Fe part (like right now as I write this and pretty much anytime I write or talk with anyone - it's kind of tortuous - maybe it's just me or do other INFJ's do this?) kicks in and I feel like, oh crap, what did I just say, write, do? Did I offend anyone? Did I hurt their feelings? Did I say something weird/stupid/crazy?

Isn't life grand? At least I have a sense of humor.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I really hate being an INFJ for this very reason. The Ni part of me wants to say whatever I want, speak out and not care what the fuck people think. Then the damn Fe part (like right now as I write this and pretty much anytime I write or talk with anyone - it's kind of tortuous - maybe it's just me or do other INFJ's do this?) kicks in and I feel like, oh crap, what did I just say, write, do? Did I offend anyone? Did I hurt their feelings? Did I say something weird/stupid/crazy? Isn't life grand? At least I have a sense of humor.

Word.

My Fe is more developed than most INTPs, it was rather beaten into me at a young age, but this is the same experience I have. I get really sick of the compulsion I have to edit everything I say on the fly to make sure it doesn't offend someone needlessly -- and just ignoring the Fe doesn't help, because soon enough I'll start to get neurotic about how I went out on a limb.

(No matter what I do, I fret over it even if I tell myself things are fine.)

And laughing at it is really the only way to avoid going batty.

O

Oberon

My Fe is more developed than most INTPs, it was rather beaten into me at a young age, but this is the same experience I have. I get really sick of the compulsion I have to edit everything I say on the fly to make sure it doesn't offend someone needlessly -- and just ignoring the Fe doesn't help, because soon enough I'll start to get neurotic about how I went out on a limb.

My approach is generally to go ahead and throw water (or gasoline) on the conversational fire, and then apologize afterward if necessary. Or not.