• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What kind of fantasies do you female NF's have?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Remind me not to dot them either.

Out of all the INFJ women I have known, I have trouble thinking of any but one of them who has NOT had violent fantasies ... and/or violent bloody nightmares that wake them up at night.

(Even my daughter.)

Gee, I have violent fantasies, as well, as victimized fantasies -- the latter perhaps a desire for psychological rescue?

Maybe fantasies are an Ni thing? :p

I don't remember my dreams, though, 90 percent of the time.

I usually dream when I'm still awake, often working the muscles on one of my arms (but rarely both at the same time), going up-down-up-down... (oh wait, this forum is for females)

Funny, I always got in trouble at school for daydreaming.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Most of my fantasies are sexual.......

that being said I chose not to go into detail about it. I am sure though that you can get a good enough idea on your own.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I demand data!

Oh there, you go, beating THAT old stale drum again...
Develop some hubris and just believe in yourself for once!
(Dr. Evil had it, Sigmund Freud had it, Dick Cheney has it. You can do it!)

NFPs! Share your fantasies! (I highly suspect that P's have a different pattern than Js!)

I need some time to fantasize and see what comes up. I'll get back to you after a few hours, if I ever snap out of it!

Most of my fantasies are sexual....... that being said I chose not to go into detail about it. I am sure though that you can get a good enough idea on your own.

That's a different thread, dear.

(And you know where to put it, if you decide to ante up. :) )

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I almost never remember my dreams and the ones I do are usually benignly bazaar or mundane. Maybe it's because I am consciously acquainted with that part of my nature?

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I almost never remember my dreams and the ones I do are usually benignly bazaar or mundane. Maybe it's because I am consciously acquainted with that part of my nature?

Same here about the type of dreams.

However, the fears suggestion does make sense. The times I have gotten into full blown fantasies about revenge, power, etc. they always have something go wrong. (so, for example, one them might involve me beating the crap out of somebody, knocking them around, etc., but than it naturally flows into getting caught and arrested, or it flows into me feeling really guilty about it and stopping. It is quite annoying when this happens, as I can't enjoy the fantasy anymore and it falls apart pretty quickly.) In real life, I do often have a constant fear that some thing will go wrong, and I won't be able to do anything about it.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Similar here.

However, the fears suggestion does make sense. The times I have gotten into full blown fantasies about revenge, power, etc. they always have something go wrong. (so, for example, one them might involve me beating the crap out of somebody, knocking them around, etc., but than it naturally flows into getting caught and arrested, or it flows into me feeling really guilty about it and stopping. It is quite annoying when this happens, as I can't enjoy the fantasy anymore and it falls apart pretty quickly.) In real life, I do often have a constant fear that some thing will go wrong, and I won't be able to do anything about it.
I know I would get caught because I suck so badly at details. That means I would have to not care if I got caught and that could only happen if I knew my family would be okay without me.

Heh, actually, my mother-in-law and I discussed this once (I think she's an INTJ). She asked that if someone ever hurt one of my kids and I decided to take them out that I allow her to do it instead because her kids are raised, so it wouldn't really disrupt anyone's life if she went to prison, but my kids still need me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*daydreams*
*starts to purr*
*suddenly realizes co-workers giving weird looks*
*stops and blushes*

O

Oberon

My daydream revenge schemes turn into such convoluted enterprises that I could base a novel on them.

My daydream sex fantasies...well...they could take all day, and on occasion they have...but not recently.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok truthfully, my daytime fantasies revolve around turning back time, I visualise myself doing it all the right way this time around.

I rarely, infact I would venture to say never have awake fantasies revolving around violence. My dreams yes, but then I am a victim, running away, I never get caught, but somehow always manage to lose one of my kids in my dream.:shock:

Anyway, day to day fantasies either going back in time, or being a rock star. (so shamefully true, I see myself on stage and everything, those fantasies I rarely want to leave):D

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
My daydream revenge schemes turn into such convoluted enterprises that I could base a novel on them.

My daydream sex fantasies...well...they could take all day, and on occasion they have...but not recently.

Yah, the thing with ENTPs and sometimes INTPs is that we actually seem to act out, or really want to, act out our fantasies. Those that are possible - I'm fairly sure I'm not about to become king of the world and have a harem at my beck and call. Though if I thought I could...

Seriously though, my fantasies aren't "fantasies" - I'm dead set on creating a magnetic accelerator in my apartment. And I'm dead set on building that potatoe gun. I honestly have a hard time seperating a reasonable fantasy like "I want to learn to cook and show it off to my friends!" and an unreasonable fantasy like "I'm going to ski every run on every mountain in BC". Which, btw, are now goals I have after dreaming about it. I don't understand the concept of "not possible"... or rather, I know what is possible, but not what is reasonable. The whole world is a fantasy to me!

And I still plan on building a magnetic accelerator once I finish my plans. And my GF has to go away for a few days... :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Conscious Daydreams
- Flying
- Exploring space and/or time
- Being / Living as female (even trivial-seeming things, like going out for coffee or just clothes-shopping with friends... not much excitement here!)
- Designing a home / living space that "feels" right
- Being appealing / attractive to someone romantically
- Being pregnant
- Lost in my own worlds / visions / creative and logical thought processes [just taking an idea and following it through as far as I can]

Sex fantasies usually consist of either:
- Being "bad"
- Being desired by someone more powerful than me

(And that's all I'm going to say about that!)

ptgatsby said:
Seriously though, my fantasies aren't "fantasies" - I'm dead set on creating a magnetic accelerator in my apartment. And I'm dead set on building that potatoe gun. I honestly have a hard time separating a reasonable fantasy like "I want to learn to cook and show it off to my friends!" and an unreasonable fantasy like "I'm going to ski every run on every mountain in BC".

I was going to say "fantasy" blurs into the things I want to understand and/or create -- they can sometimes be less fantasy and more just exploration/understanding something totally.

Oh yes, I've always wished I had the time and money to be an alpine climber (and to get up Everest, although some of the other peaks take more ambition nowadays) or a rock climber. I imagine climbing and/or reaching the top of some beautiful views sometimes.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
This is totally off the cuff (and I admit it), but the very first thought that ran through my mind (and I will just think about women right now, although it might apply to men):

Are INFJ women terrified at the thought of lashing out at / hurting others?
And are INTJ women terrified at the thought of being powerless?

[Control issue: One fears losing control and hurting others, the other fears losing control and not being able to resolve/accomplish things]

And could these fears be what is coming out in the dreams? Are these negative feelings suppressed during the day and/or otherwise ignored, only to be dredged up by the subconscious and dealt with during sleep and/or daydreaming?

I wonder...

That's a good guess; it seems to apply to me. Except that I don't suppress these fears--I struggle with them and live them out every day. The dilemma between hurting someone or protecting them is a huge one for me. I feel like I'm always weighing the potential consequences of my actions, trying to decide whether the results of a certain action are worth the pain it could cause others.

Sometimes I really really want not to love or care so that I could do what I felt was right without worrying about who got hurt. It seems like such a free and easy way to live. Unfortunately, people matter.

I do have vivid, violent nightmares.

heart

heart on fire
Daydreams:

-Fiction storylines about other people.

-How my life might have been different if I was a stronger person, both mentally and physically.

-How I could have made better choices in certain areas of my life, mostly school and interaction with family.

-Tossing around various ideas and applying them to hypothetical situations.

Revenge fanatsies usually take the form of having the fates enact upon others the pain they cause. Their own stupidity and hubris doing them in.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why separate sex fantasies from "daydreams"? They're both fantasies and they're both conscious.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh yes, I've always wished I had the time and money to be an alpine climber (and to get up Everest, although some of the other peaks take more ambition nowadays) or a rock climber. I imagine climbing and/or reaching the top of some beautiful views sometimes.

Or, perhaps, Kilimanjaro. Not that I've planned this out... or anything...

But that's what I mean. I go from "that'd be cool" to "I'm bloody well doing it". I'm not sure where to draw the line for fantasies until they are wayyyyyyy out there. And even then, if it is physically possible... I'm not sure I wouldn't be thinking of a way to do it (by physically, I'm not even talking about swimming across the pacific Ocean. I'm honestly not sure if that'd be "impossible" enough not to consider. I'm talking about visiting other dimensions - something I'd be in line for if it ever happened - but not something I can make happen).

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
alright I have spent sometime thinking about my fantasies and well they aren't all sexual here are some more....

I fantasize about

~ being skinny
~ having enough money to decorate my house my way, and not the hand me down way
~ being happy
~ the what ifs of life........

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do have vivid, violent nightmares.
That happens to me also and it is horrible. I recently had a dream that I had to cut off my left index finger. It was a feeling of horrible loss. I also had a dream that I was in a hostage situation with a group of people. My mother and i tried to run off and she got shot. I also have many alien invasion dreams. I used to have a recurring dream about the moon crashing into the earth. It always started serenely, then the person I was with would say, "Doesn't the moon look larger tonight?" Then i'd get that heavy, sick feeling. My mind would develop a sense of the magnitude of catastrophe and my helplessness.

I don't dream about revenge like a 'good' INFJ is supposed to do. :rolleyes: I prefer peaceful resolutions, simple solutions. Conflict makes me tired. Sexual fantasies can be rather drawn out scenarios with a great many details and always explores the mind as well. It also has to do with the experience of my being perceived as sensual by someone. For some reason, isolated scenarios really draw me. I also fantasize about setting foot on another planet, like Europa on which Jupiter would hang heavily in the sky, reflecting upon its ice. I also enjoy attempting to conceptualize things like the fourth dimension, imagining what it would look like to see a hypersphere move through space. I'm regrettably ignorant of formal study, but if time were a dimension, I wonder what the four-dimensional shape of a person would look like. Perhaps like drawn out ribbons interweaving with one another in this long braid of humanity streaming from the earth. Okay, so that one is extra weird, but stuff like that entertains me.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
That happens to me also and it is horrible. I recently had a dream that I had to cut off my left index finger. It was a feeling of horrible loss. I also had a dream that I was in a hostage situation with a group of people. My mother and i tried to run off and she got shot. I also have many alien invasion dreams. I used to have a recurring dream about the moon crashing into the earth. It always started serenely, then the person I was with would say, "Doesn't the moon look larger tonight?" Then i'd get that heavy, sick feeling. My mind would develop a sense of the magnitude of catastrophe and my helplessness.

Look at the bright side, you could actually change your dreams into summer action movies.:popc1:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Life is like a daydream...every second I fantasize about something different..

For example, right now I'm listening to music and imagining being a dancer at some performance or whatever, and after I finish typing this, I'm actually going to get up and dance. It's a good song!

fact: niffer can bellydance

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hmmm, never met anyone who fantisises like i do, seems no-one on this thread does either:(

My most recent fantasy was a series of battles where, suddenly in our world, everyones beliefs started to become reality, and the stronger and more people believed in something the more true it would become. Anyway, while people tried to create peace by deciding on a universal belief to become reality, everyone assumed that their own beliefs were superior so it ended in war.

The buddhists went first:( then other major and minor religious and personal beliefs began to die out (myer briggs very early on:(). In the end only a few individuals with strong beliefs were left, a few muslims, one or two christians, a guy from his own cult, someone who was convinced he was god, a devil worshipper and an absolute nihilist.

Some of the one on one fights were entertaining (levay satanist vs devil worshipper was a good one, as was hard atheist vs fundy christian and fundy vs muslim), but in the end the best bit was when all the remaining people had to team up and set their differences aside to fight the nihilist! Unfortunatly he was too strong and reality ended with a scream of "THERE IS NOTHING".

Still there were glimpses of a sequel, (a seperate reality made by a few humans and aliens away from the destroyed one), which hopefully will explain why beliefs are having a direct effect on reality, because it never explained why it was happening!

Anyway that was today's fantasy, was a long but good one, hope tomorrows is as good:D

Oh and most of my fantasies are violent in some form, and i'm normally (if i'm in them) very powerful but not the most powerful. I think this is me just desiring more respect and control, since everyone thinks i'm a strange idiot in real life.