• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Auxillary Judging Process

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my mbti book it says this about INxJs, "Without a developed auxillary judging process they will have little or no development of an outer personality and equally limited use of gifts." By "auxillary judging process" do they mean F and J and strenghtening both at the same time? I understand how to develop extraverted feeling but how/why would we purposely strengthen judgment? I was previously thinking it would be good to develop more P for balance before reading this. (probably a dumb question)

It also says,"...it's extremely important for people of this type to attain through their education a technique of expression....The development of this type is slower and more arduous than that of most other people...." So what do you think it means by using education for expression? Why is this more important for INxJs than other introverted intuits?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In my mbti book it says this about INxJs, "Without a developed auxillary judging process they will have little or no development of an outer personality and equally limited use of gifts." By "auxillary judging process" do they mean F and J and strenghtening both at the same time? I understand how to develop extraverted feeling but how/why would we purposely strengthen judgment? I was previously thinking it would be good to develop more P for balance before reading this. (probably a dumb question)

Well you don't develop letters. There's no such thing as "J" or "P", they are combinations of functions and J/P describes the order. Like you can't develop "J" and "F" at the same time, because that makes no sense. You can develop Fe, which might be what you mean by "F" and "J". Here's the thing. If we did not develop a judging function, we would be endlessly drifting about in our heads unable to interact with the outside world much at all. There would be no way to make use of anything we perceive, because perception does not make decisions, it just takes in information. With a developed judging function, our dominant function is able to be directed and guided--put to use. INxJs don't really need to develop "P", I assume you mean Ni, because they have been using this function ever since they could sit up and say "goo".

It also says,"...it's extremely important for people of this type to attain through their education a technique of expression....The development of this type is slower and more arduous than that of most other people...." So what do you think it means by using education for expression? Why is this more important for INxJs than other introverted intuits?

I think it means that it's harder for INxJs to figure out ways to describe what they are perceiving. I think that's why INxJs seem to be very apt once they finally do learn how to express themselves. I would think it, for me anyway, allows them to pin down their thoughts more easily, which is a difficult thing to do even at the best of times.