• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] The ENFJ's Balancing Act

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Alone time is hard to come by these days. I like being around people, but when I'm cut off from solitude for long, I start to go fucking crazy. This is exacerbated by the fact that my mom is usually home the same times that I am and spends just about every waking hour sitting in front of the TV, with the volume up so loud that even with my bedroom door shut I'm reminded of the presence of other people. And not being able to relax in my own home is really starting to wear me down.

How do you cope? Any advice on how to find solitude when surrounded by people?

heart

heart on fire
The TV is worst source of useless energy drain and noisy static. When I still lived at home, I used earplugs a lot to block it out. My mom was a TV blaring 24/7 kind of person too. Now I'll listen to music with the headphones to block out the TV when my husband is watching a lot of it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My parents love to watch tv as well. 98% of the time, the tv is making me feel agitated because it rumples my chi. A new thought every 15 seconds (commercials), it's overstimulating and aggressive. I have to get away from noise and background clutter or I get crabby.

I need a lot of alone time every day. It's the only way I can operate without being irascible. I have a lot of things going through my mind at any given moment and being overwhelmed by other peoples' thoughts/opinions is really bad for me.

I'm with Rider. Shut yourself in a room where you can be alone and employ Heart's earplug/headphones tactic.