• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Wondering about Ns and left-handedness

Sunshine8

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I work with a lot of Ns - a whole office full actually (government area) - and one thing I have noticed recently is that there are a lot of left-handers in the team. Much more than the usual proportion, me being one of them.

My last two exs were Ns and they were both left handed also...what is your observation?

Thanks

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you know alot of people who are Ns and are left handed.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Software programmers / hi-tech types -- very high number of lefties.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not ambidextrous, but i've always been able to do stuff with both hands... In my tired state (it's 4:46 AM here), those words only bring dirty things to mind. :D
Anyway... *yawn* I do stuff with different hands depending on the task.

- Doesn't matter which hand/side/eye I use when firing pistols or rifles
- Can write with both hands, even if left isn't as neat. Looks typically boyish.
- Knife in right hand, fork in left. But that varies.

ETC.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You just can't trust left-handed people..

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I write and do detailed tasks with my left and my right is the strong arm for throwing, hitting, etc.

INFP sister is lefty and ENFJ mom is left hander but was forced to write with righty.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ambidextrous for the most part. i can literally do two different things with each hand, its kinda weird.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm left handed!

Well... I write and eat with my left hand. I throw, open doors, and punch with my right hand. That is technically ambidextrous.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm left-handed...as is my grandmother, my mother, and one of my aunts. So is only one of my cousins [out of 10 grandchildren, only two of us are lefties]. I'm not sure what their personality types would be, though my grandma I would definitely classify as an 'ENF-'something.

One of my best friends is an INTJ--- she is left-handed as well :yes:

Though, like wedekit, I could technically be considered ambidextrous as well: I eat, write, and use my left hand/arm for picking things up or catching. I use my right hand for my mouse, throwing, I bat and bowl right-handed as well.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
leftie as well

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I write and eat with my left hand, throw and hit with my right.

I also use a computer mouse with my right hand, but something tells me that's learned.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The only two lefties I know are both S types.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
my mom INFJ = left handed
my dad INTJ = right handed

Sunshine8

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I write and eat with my left hand, throw and hit with my right.

I also use a computer mouse with my right hand, but something tells me that's learned.

Yup - that's what I do too.

The reason I wondered about this is they often say that a left-handed person has a dominant connection with their right brain:

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

A lot of those qualities (not all but a lot) are the way they describe intuitives. I don't think that it is an absolute thing, that all intuitives are left-handed, but I would be curious to see how many left-handed people would be classified as intuitive...

Am I making any sense...??!
:cheese:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think its that whole lefty art thing. One of my best friends was lefty but basically ambidextrous and he was definitely extremely N. Very artsy and embodied what you typically thought left handers would be like.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
You just can't trust left-handed people..

Fortunately we live in enlightened times where people (or should I say non-left handed people?) no longer believe left-handers are Satan Spawn or something like that. My professor told me today (after noting that I was left handed) that the Latin (and Greek?) word for left-handed means "sinister" or something along those lines. :devil:

But still, I wouldn't trust us either. We have cooties! :hug:

Also, I thought I should mention that out of my three brothers and I, 3/4 of us are left-handed. I'm the only intuitive one.