• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs and Details

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have heard that INFJs are not very detail-oriented yet they are very perfectionistic. I have also heard that INFJs are quite detail-oriented. Is being naturally attuned to details (not something you had to learn how to do) a sign that someone is NOT an INFJ?
I thought I was INFJ for a while and I am revisiting that notion again. But I never struggled with details and I remember details well.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think we're good with people related details and less so with practical details. I can remember a person's whole support system of people even if I haven't met them, and also details about what the person likes to eat or drink, but can't remember where I parked my car, or what colour the house is that I pass on the way to work every day.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that virtually everyone is more or less detail-oriented in areas that interest them. For me, this doesn't include things like dealing with paperwork and other concrete practical matters. I'd wager the same goes for most people who consider themselves INFJs.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean details as in specifics about a topic, dates, names, minor errors, etc.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean details as in specifics about a topic, dates, names, minor errors, etc.
"Specifics about a topic, dates, names, minor errors," doesn't really give me a strong impression of what you're driving at. All of those things seem fairly unrelated to each other.

Being detailed-oriented requires clarity of perception. If you can't see clearly, you can't see the details. I don't think I really have that kind of vision; in fact, I'm generally quite fuzzy in thought and awareness in general. Whether that's an INFJ thing as opposed to a me thing, I do not know.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Details for me [INFJ] are most easily recalled when I can connect them to a larger picture. Like a blurry Polaroid, they slowly come into focus, but I can make out the general shape fairly quickly. It tends to vary, though.