• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's & Addictive Personalities

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have an addictive personality. I was wondering if it's just me or a trait found commonly in ENFP's??

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As I'm a pleasure-seeker, I stay away of things that are addictive, unless harmless. One addiction I cannot shake is chocolate. I don't like the taste of cigarettes, alcohol and I've never tried drugs out of fear, as I know that once I like something, it's all or nothing. I do not do moderate :)

So you might be on to something *grin*

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't think ENFP's are naturally swayed towards addiction, only that they are more inclined to try things out of sheer curiousity. The ENFP's love of novelty would make him/her more inclined to give up something after it loses its mystique/intrigue. Just like other projects that the ENFP starts enthusiastically, the drugs may be thrown away for something more intriguing when the time comes. The only issue that an ENFP may face at the time of quitting is the actual physical addiction to the vice or the habituation to it.

If the ENFP has strong opinions about drugs controlling their life, which might be heavily burried in their Fi, it would become a weapon for them to quit the drug despite adverse mental reactions. I guess what I am trying to say is that you are just probably going through a phase.

Good luck with it.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm not necessarily speaking of drug addiction. I don't do any drugs, I don't even drink or smoke.

I do have a sweet tooth though. A really bad one. I have a few other vices...luckily nothing that will kill me!
:jew:Lol, at the jew smiley

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I have a sweet tooth :)

Ah, it will get me in sooo much trouble as I get older..

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm not necessarily speaking of drug addiction. I don't do any drugs, I don't even drink or smoke.

I do have a sweet tooth though. A really bad one. I have a few other vices...luckily nothing that will kill me!
:jew:Lol, at the jew smiley

Lol

*removes foot from mouth*

Well then, I still don't think ENFP's have a super addictive personality since everything gets old to them.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Lol

*removes foot from mouth*

Well then, I still don't think ENFP's have a super addictive personality since everything gets old to them.

:D It's okay. The thing is that even if we get tired of something...there is still that tendency for us to get addicted to something even if it's for a little while. No?

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:D It's okay. The thing is that even if we get tired of something...there is still that tendency for us to get addicted to something even if it's for a little while. No?

I would guess that anyone can become addicted to anything. I was just projecting my personal experience on others :doh:, Hopefully your experience is like mine and you just get bored of that which is of no use to you or harms you. :hug:

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I would guess that anyone can become addicted to anything. I was just projecting my personal experience on others :doh:, Hopefully your experience is like mine and you just get bored of that which is of no use to you or harms you. :hug:

:hug: I have an Ebay addiction. I get everything there. If I need shampoo I get it there. If I want clothes, I get it there. I just love buying things for a bargain that I stay stuck on there! Plus I hate going to stores so, it's actually perfect for me. Help!!!
:shock:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it seems we don't like to deny ourselves much huh...but...i don't think we like control either so...i could see it going either way.

i personally was addicted to cigarettes and still miss smoking...but couldn't stand that i needed to...so i've always stayed away from everything else that i consider to be addictive.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

I know, maybe we're one of the only types who breaks addictions because they are too repetitive and routine :). I don't like having addictions either. They feel like things you have to do and have no choice in. I don't even have a caffeine addiction.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd say I do have an addictive personality. Nicotine as an example. I try to fight it but it's very hard.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Keep real busy for a 3 to 4 days and you will see how quick you drop it. I used to smoke too but one day I had really busy finals and didn't hang with anyone or buy a pack for two weeks.

I tried smoking a couple of times after that, but every time I did it, I felt real wierd (like kinda ill/spacey). Now I will smoke a ciggy with the guys once in a blue moon but willl usually feel like shit when I do it (physically) so I don't do it that often.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'd say I do have an addictive personality. Nicotine as an example. I try to fight it but it's very hard.
Nicotine is universally addictive. No relation to "personality."

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I smoke cigars just because I think I look sexy as hell when I do.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Then there are addictions to shopping, people, sex, food.

I tend to agree that the idea of a personality being "addictive" is a fallacy, but certainly most undeveloped personality types under stress could be prone to the short-cut of mood-altering chemicals.

I would guess the impulsive types could be more prone. Intelligence certainly isn't a factor.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
addictive personality is a hereditary trait that can also happen over a long time exposed and participating in addictive substances.