• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*fainting with laughter*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*wonders if Pink is thinking how many people she's confirmed her dislike of later in this same, odd ENFJ manner*

:peepwall:

If I answered that, my brain would start screaming and you will have me for company behind that wall, missy.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
behind the wall you say... with me....

ANSWER IT, LADY! :D

Lisa73

MBTI Type
INFP
As an INFP, I've had similar problems with getting involved with people who needed me in some way. I finally figured out that I felt comfortable in such a situation. If the person NEEDED me, then I didn't have to worry that they would leave me. The trouble is that it gets old being needed, and you eventually want to move on.
The key for me has been to find activities in which I can engage in my desire to help people and to explore relationships--and for me that activity is theater and acting. I get to do my thing, but it isn't PERSONAL to me. All the issues are universal; every human being goes through them. I can help other people by letting them see me go through a character's pains, sorrows, desires, frustrations, etc. AND I help myself by being to hang out with other people who are also exploring those issues and deeply exploring them myself. It's very cathartic and exciting.

Starphoenix

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
You'll talk to anyone about anything, and I mean anyone!

You cry during sappy commercials.

You want to save the world.

You have lists for lists.

You know if someone moved your widget even a 1/4 of a millimeter.

You read people.

You're a big sweetie.

You know all the birthdays, send the cards, make the calls...

You're in a service career.

You obsess when someone doesn't like something about you, even if 99 other people do.

You're intense.

G

Glycerine

haha, I relate to a lot of this stuff...I seriously must not be a strong introvert.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Frankly, its difficult to have a personality that wants to give.....you never know if the other person is up for it or can give you anything back......so end up with a ton of trial and error and you're usually very disappointed.......despite open communication.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree here - I have read tons of books on open communication with others, but I am realising that perhaps I just need to have more open communication with myself - and bloody listen to my intuition as soon as I start wanting to take care of a potential partner or I think 'O-Ow'...

Once I care about someone it's hard to see the forest for the twigs I am stabbing myself with because I am not a tree.

:cheese:

I don't think there is a risk of the average ENFJ missing the opportunity to explore a romantic possibility - more likely a risk of taking on someone else's s&*^t and being blamed for it all in the end when you can't save them...[/QUOTE]

I want to say alot..but most of it is already said...I suppose another way you know an ENFJ is the friend you have who is best friend to all but they are just as happy hanging out on their own....I love my me time.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Used to ask myself why I only attracted people who had issues as well. I guess is that we can be too nurshuring and we just walk around trying to save poeple but in return we (or atleast on my case) never get anything back in return. Not that this is the only reason that you help people but after a while you wonder if its even worth it anymore or if you are going too far trying to help others. I personally have promised myself to not try to get as involved as I used to, sometimes me trying to help things have gotten me in messes that I should have never been in.

sigh...moi aussi.

Harlow_Jem

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You know you're an ENFJ when you meet an INTJ and you might as well have come from two completely different galaxies.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Don't know if someone else mentioned it, yet:

When you walk into the room and it seems as though the whole place lights up!

(I personally love ENFJs)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Don't know if someone else mentioned it, yet:

When you walk into the room and it seems as though the whole place lights up!
That happens when I leave! I can hear the joy in the distance!

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I
want to say alot..but most of it is already said...I suppose another way you know an ENFJ is the friend you have who is best friend to all but they are just as happy hanging out on their own....I love my me time.

does that not make you more of an INFJ?

I think not sir...what it makes me is not an ESFJ.

No ENFJ's enjoy...no not just enjoy...but MUST have alone time or we lose it. Ask the ones you know why don't you.

Starphoenix

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
I need "me" time everyday, or I get very agitated.

I think it's because I put out so much energy and am quite sensitive and emotional. I need to replenish myself with the solitude. I love to have an old sitcom on quietly in the background while I read.

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
You know you are an ENFJ when...

you are far too busy for forums.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed, girls. Alone time is a MUST or I turn into a beast.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Now if only you had an INFP to share that alone time to make it all better.

Heather

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
1w2
You know you are an ENFJ when...

For me:

You feel horribly guilty about any conflict situation

You are more excited about the future than you should be

You have not spent 48 hours entirely alone in over a year

You forget you are so enthusiastic until someone asks you if you just had some coffee or been drinking if at night and you have only had sprite

You did leave a corporate job for a cause or service industry ( I just did)

You cannot understand the people who cannot show emotion and try to jolly them up

You realize that your value has been stuffed because the group you are around might not understand or get it

You wonder who can handle you

Yes you cried at some sappy commercial ( that one I cracked up!)

You don't do any math since college courses requierd you to- like Geometry or Calculus

You know all the MBTI books or types

You hate your shadow and have resented your "evil" ISTP outbursts

You laugh at least every day

You love other NFs or feelers!

You hug people when overwhelmed with joy whether they want it or not or if you know them well

You have been a public speaker for your favorite cause or group leader

you have had a hard time not being negative in long time periods alone

you may inwardly resent people who won't let you say no

us ENFJ's should talk more. I want to find more ENFJ thoughts. What was the private or personal thread I saw a post about?

<><

Heather

WieldingTheSword

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
-When you get angry at NTs for their "lack of compassion."

-When the Salvation Army's bell-ringing is like a knife to your heart.

-When you strive so hard and say so much, but still can't get your deepest feelings to match the intensity in sentence form.

-When you cannot help but want to teach others what you know.

-When you cannot help but share with others what you know.

-When people ask you to slow down or repeat what you just said.

-When you PERSONALLY feel the weight of other people's problems more than they do.

-When you feel frustrated by your concern for other's opinions of you.

-When you read every, single Myers-Briggs profile on every site and commit them to memory.

-When you force your friends to take the test.

-When you refer to people by their type because it's just so much easier to classify.

-When you just can't say no.

-When people captivate you.

-When you are a psychology/education/childcare/sociology/human resources major.

-When you take life seriously.

-When you can't stop thinking about the future, even if you try.