• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do any of you other ENFP's name random inanimate objects? Like my ipods name is Fabian, my laptop is Roberto, and a have a favorite bowl named Gregory. Am I alone?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Do any of you other ENFP's name random inanimate objects? Like my ipods name is Fabian, my laptop is Roberto, and a have a favorite bowl named Gregory. Am I alone?

I "named" my car, and my gamepad when I was a kid but I don't actually talk with them or anything, lol.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Actually, I don't name things. It's hard enough finding online pseudonyms that I "feel" are "me" -- I just never had a need to name possessions, even dolls that are begging to be anthropomorphized.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You know you're an ENFP when you can get a typed assignment done--you just need 10min-to-1hr breaks inbetween every other paragraph.

Or when you like a class just because the teacher makes it fun, even if you don't love the material being presented.

Today, I was wearing shoes that were killing me (I went to a wedding and wanted to dress up). When faced with a long walk home, I said I was seriously considering taking them off and walking barefoot home.

:laugh: I brought comfortable flats when I was in my sister's wedding. Nice ones for the ceremony, and just as I walked off and cried about my shoes, flat for the reception! Yay!

When you are excited and with someone you're comfortable with, the number of words that leave your mouth per minute rival the speed of a machine-gun's shots.

You talk in a spider-web approach, skipping/skimming over everything and touching on everything and totally confusing the person you're with.

You are a MAJOR FREAKING FLAKE and MAJORLY FREAKING HATE IT.
And smack yourself like 10000000x when you flake; you totally feel bad for it and resolve never to do it again, only to flake again sometime the next week. (?)

You say 'thank you!' to practically everyone. Even if they haven't really helped you / didn't mean to help you.

:laugh: sooo true.

You get "Are you high?" so often you might as well have an automatic answering machine - "NOPEEE :D:D:D" - for whenever your iNtuition anticipates someone may ask it.

I went to a rave, ignorant of social slang for drugs... "Are you rolling?" was are you leaving to me.. and I couldn't buy "party favors" because I didn't have any cash for the glowsticks. :doh:

Maybe this is just me, but I'm hella dorky.

+1

:yes:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I don't normally name things. My younger sister is an ISFP and she names everything. And has soft toy animal mascots for things :). I normally befriend the mascots though.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Or when you like a class just because the teacher makes it fun, even if you don't love the material being presented.

i.e. my government ii class :yes:
i fuckin love that teacher. Ms. Brandon is hilarious (and undeniably an ENFP)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i was like that in school too. :)

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
You had just thought of a very apt thing to write - but then were suddenly distracted by shiny things and have now completely forgotten :doh:

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
[Do any of you other ENFP's name random inanimate objects? Like my ipods name is Fabian, my laptop is Roberto, and a have a favorite bowl named Gregory. Am I alone?
:) thats funny. I'm INFX but I name everything. Computer=Zoe, Car= Roxy, Ipod= Audrey Hepburn

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
My motorbike was called Piglet. I also love naming my bongs and pipes. They are like members of the family. I have funerals for them when they're no longer functional.

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
As for a future living, I dunno, I think I definitely want to both write and teach.

What I did realize, however, after being a bio major for almost two years, is that I am not meant to be a scientist, but rather am a science enthusiast.

I am big into understanding dynamic relationships between/within macrosystems, and hence am more interested in scientific theory than in technological application.

That's me. Love to read, love to learn, suck at labs. Hard. Would rather discuss theory for a month.

When you wake up in the morning and have a jovial conversation with your bed, which you believe has a complex personality, but choses to be stoic.

Oh, well that's true. Obviously.

there is an F in your personality type, but you can own most T types in strategic and analytical thinking.

Yes! It makes people think that I'm all thinking or whatever, but no, it's just intuition. Being awesome.

It's so weird coming across people who are clearly the same person as me in some sort of different body/life. Weird. Weird weird.

You know you're an ENFP when it is entirely unnecessary to be drunk/high to appear drunk/high. I had a theater teacher seriously think I was high once (in her defense, the previous semester a girl had taken caffeine pills during the show... it didn't go well), and I had to put on *serious face* and recite some facts at her, before going back to being insane.

You know you're an ENFP when you can go off on a tangent at any time or place, with or without provocation.

You make random statements out loud that refer to something and therefore make sense to you, but that cause surrounding individuals to fear for your sanity.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1 on the drunken/high stuff. I once had a rumor about me spread through my campus that I was incredibly drunk the night before coz I had been dancing on a bench (the table wasn't stable enough) with a friend of mine at one of the campus parties. The only thing I drank that night was a 'Bitter lemon' though (some kind of Gingerale). I don't need to get drunk before going completely nuts on the dancefloor or anywhere else, unlike some of my friends. And some members here in pm have asked me if I was intoxicated while talking to them... you'd think they'd know better by now :alttongue:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've had people mistake me for being on drugs or drunk. Some people even believed I was big on drugs cos I was always happy and laid back, and sometimes a bit spaced out, hehe. I've never used anything. I'm boring as all hell in that sense. Which always made it more funny.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've had people mistake me for being on drugs or drunk. Some people even believed I was big on drugs cos I was always happy and laid back, and sometimes a bit spaced out, hehe.

LOL me too! Sometimes I act as if people weren't even there and they are just part of my drug-fueled delusions. Nonsense mode gone overload...

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Labs.. Petri dishes. Yeah.. the smell of bacteria growing on agar plates stuffed in warm refrigerators.. Ugh..

-When lab manuals that are too cut & dry (technical) give you goosebumps. You'd rather just attempt to finish it.
-When you crave learning anything and everything new.
-When you changed majors like crazy.
-When you secretly dream of staying in academia perpetually, for the rest of your life.
-when you love to psychoanalyze people.

-When you love humanity; you love life.
-When you love people for their little quirks.

-When idiosyncrasies seem to shade your world with color, comedy, delight!
-When you're naturally high.

-When you're good at wearing different hats for the appropriate occasion (figuratively speaking).
-When your Holland codes are a combo of 2, 3 or all: SAEI letters. Edit: (and maybe R, minus E in this case). Hehe.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Yes! It makes people think that I'm all thinking or whatever, but no, it's just intuition. Being awesome.

Not to nitpick but your Ne is what gives you the ability to absorb information constantly from your surroundings. It's our tertiary Te that can school some thinking types and makes logical and analytical discussions easier because it is the function we use when relating to other people.

This is why ENFPs who have honed their Te sometimes come off as ENTPs.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
[Hi everyone, I'm new here.]

Now, I'm a bit of an unhealthy ENFP so I'm not sure how much of this applies.

When your friends are amazed at just how much you adapt and almost change your personality to fit well with somebody else. It's incredibly disconcerting for them. I got the "But what do you Really feel?"'s for like a month.

When you've embodied so many idealist causes and possibilities and that they all feel "natural" - and worse, when our beloved external stimuli believes the performance as well. Since we literally become the causes we defend, after awhile..we lose ourselves. [but that might be a general NF thing.]

When you know for a fact that a song can modify your performance and that you may be embodying the rhythm and mood of the song. (Provided you dont interact with others, which in turn, will force you change for them.) And that if all people would dissapear, that song will get stuck in your head forever. Ie. you dont have the willpower to shut it off on your own.

When you're walking down the street, and its as if your eyes just automatically lock on people. Ready to please, ready to adapt. Then you become aware of it, just how little control you have over yourself...and out of pride / panic try to focus on inanimate objects, like the surroundings. Wishing you could learn to "unhook" your attention from other people.

Feeling that you're capable of excusing any cause from any theoretical position while really holding none.

Knowing that you could come to empathize with an inanimate object... and marry it.

Thinking that maybe, you really could fall in love with anyone who appears confident. To the extent that being a "serial killer's assistant" sounds like a dream job.

When people who you are not having a conversation with, express their true feelings in public and it irritates you "I feel this. I did this." It all sounds incredibly childish and you feel it's naive to expose oneself so carelessly like they do.
As if they were -begging- to be manipulated.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well hi new weird enfp person.
handshake5cd.gif