• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] You know you're an ENFP when...

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's alright. I anticipated this - kind of added a disclaimer saying that I'm not.. all that mentally stable or happy lately [Not to worry though, I'm on psychotropics] . Naive of me to expect everyone would relate.

As for the rejection of reason, upon further inspection was peripheral to me rather than essential to all ENFP types. Touche.
It comes from my dealings with philosophy. After debating a myriad of positions and meanings, I've landed on a rather bitter nihilism that mutates into extreme relativism and defends itself with critiques of rationality by french postmodern thinkers. Mea culpa on that one.

Realizing morality is pointless was a rather complicated process for me. (Really tried defending it - tooth and nail) It's as if Fi was butchered, Te is a tool that pops on occasion to impress those T-people (But I really mistrust it) and all I have is Ne ..aimlessly looking for patterns without any anchor or direction or meaning.

Still, thank you for the kind welcome :D

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I feel for you brother - I really do.

An idealist-gone-wrong is one of the worst states of being possible, imo.

You have one of these :hug:

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
When you miss days when you & your friends would throw spit-balls at restroom ceilings. 1-2-3! Laughed like Beavis & Butthead. Told your mama jokes. Ate Flamin' Hot Fritos. Battled each other out on dance floors. Sold instant noodles at school at a charitable cost (I mostly grew up in the ghetto, K-8, cafeteria food pretty much sucked). Competed to see who did math problems quickest, with accuracy. Youngin dayz!! Loved it!

When you question commons phrases, common things people say, why they say it, where their philosophy stems from and the intentions behind what's said (whether it's positive or negative) & it's effects on others, as a 'whole.'
If needed, you alter it accordingly to create your own rules to help shape your philosophy that guides you in your own life purpose.

**Thinking differently is a good beautiful thing in my book! ;P**

When you enjoy others for their own uniqueness.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Aw, Xellotath, do not be sad. I understand how it feels to be unhappy with yourself and your life but remember that every person has the potential to be a healthy, productive person. Just remember that deep inside you, you have all these ENFP superpowers just waiting to be unleashed. You're a visionary type! Think of all the possibilities. All the good you can do. I don't really know you or your circumstances but I have complete faith that in time you will really rise to your true potential.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
You know you're an ENFP when (to get us back on track ;)) :

You often forget to wear shoes.
You are neither bothered by this, nor really aware until an 'S' type happens to point it out.

...In fact, you hardly see the point in shoes - all they do is restrict the feet - binding them in a little prison of leather and plastic....and what have they done to deserve such treatment?!

FOOT FREEEDDOOOOMMMMMM!!

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
When the simplest things, that JUST HAPPEN TO "attack" with your values infuriates you beyond recognition!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ ummm yeah that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and...i like shoes. :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

You are neither bothered by this, nor really aware until an 'S' type happens to point it out.

...In fact, you hardly see the point in shoes - all they do is restrict the feet - binding them in a little prison of leather and plastic....and what have they done to deserve such treatment?!

FOOT FREEEDDOOOOMMMMMM!!

Gotta love those sensotard moments. Drove to school with two socks on the same foot once and wondered why the hell my feet felt funny. A tad embarrassing...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

FOOT FREEEDDOOOOMMMMMM!!

hehe, being random always gets me back on track.

mackie

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I get soo emotional watching television... my empathy goes crazy.... and I often catch myself trying to hide tears watching something sad happening in cartoons :S

And I don't believe that everything has a spirit (plants and dead stuff) but if one of my plants die or something break or I have to frow something out, it breaks my heart... I can even feel sad hearing people calling an old chair ugly and useless and I just feel like taking it home with me and make it feel loved..... when it is really bad, I even feel really sad inside burning food :S

Haha... well don't know if any other ENFP regonize this or if i'm just crazy :) ?

mackie

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oh!!.... anyone saw that episode in Family Guy where Peter accidentially killed a frog and tries to frow it out the window, but it keeps sliding out of his hands/the box and he does it over and over?.... it made me freak completely out and I ended up crying in my (INTJ) boyfriends arms for 10 minutes... HAHA

If you havent seen it... do.. it is horrible! :D

ithinkofaliens

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can even feel sad hearing people calling an old chair ugly and useless and I just feel like taking it home with me and make it feel loved.....?

Oh my gosh, I know exactly what you mean! I do this all the time, I call it my "A Charlie Brown Christmas" complex, haha. Like how Charlie Brown gets the ugliest little Christmas tree out of sympathy and then everybody makes fun of him and talks about what an ugly little tree it is, but the whole time he never doubts its worth. I've never done this with an actual XMas tree, but everytime I go to the pumpkin patch I make sure to get the most disformed or unappealing to other people, pumpkin. It just truly breaks my heart seeing all of the sad, unwanted, little pumpkins that aren't going to get a home!:cry:

Oh, hello everyone, btw!

wildncrazykid

Tru dat :S

When you are excited and with someone you're comfortable with, the number of words that leave your mouth per minute rival the speed of a machine-gun's shots.

You talk in a spider-web approach, skipping/skimming over everything and touching on everything and totally confusing the person you're with.

These are the permanent expressions people give you: :shock: or :doh: or :rolleyes: (resigned to your ENFP charm) or :eek: ("get away from this ENFP before he/she explodes with craziness or spontaneity or enthusiasm") or :rofl1: ("lol that person is retarded how on earth did he/she do that? WHY on earth would he/she do that?") or :rules: (dang... sorry SJs :() or :horor: ("you WHAT??!?!") or :eek:uch: (to which you, the ENFP, will respond, "sorry!:sorry:") or :thelook: (this one is The Look all ENFPs are far too familiar with... 'nuff said.)

You get "Are you high?" so often you might as well have an automatic answering machine - "NOPEEE :D:D:D" - for whenever your iNtuition anticipates someone may ask it.

You are a MAJOR FREAKING FLAKE and MAJORLY FREAKING HATE IT.
And smack yourself like 10000000x when you flake; you totally feel bad for it and resolve never to do it again, only to flake again sometime the next week. (?)

You say 'thank you!' to practically everyone. Even if they haven't really helped you / didn't mean to help you.

You've come to accept that you're crazy and there's not much you can do about it. (Not that you care, because eff social norms anyway :devil:)

[disclaimer: that's possibly just for me; not sure about other ENFPs!]
i found this through google and i JUST HAD TO COMMENT.
i am EXACTLY like this.
you don't understand, well you do but, i've been walking around feeling like i'm the only "me" out there...and i'm not!!!

i'm so excited! i wanna cry! :cry:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's decided! This thread is my new home... I have nothing to bring that hasn't already been brought, but I shall never let this thread die!

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
i have pretty close to zero knowledge about anything type related since i pretty much just discovered this a few weeks ago...but...i keep yapin away anyway...eeek!
This is me right now. :) Welcome to Lady X's 2008, me.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I wanted the shirt that says "I'm a noun". Maybe it's that simple and geeky is funny appeal again.

I do suddenly like them less when someone else has one though.

What are other ENFPs like at work? I'm always either staring at the ceiling, chatting to people and procrastinating, or solving problems faster than my boss believes possible. It must be strange for an employer having an ENFP because they seem to think, what is this idiot doing here if he doesn't want to work, then the next second you hand them the next four weeks work. Who would've thought ceiling staring was so productive.
Oh yes, this is me. I used to work with a Guardian type a lot. We did software development. At the start of some assignment she was ready to write out a to do list and get started. I never had any paper or writing utensils. She would want to do all this planning and couldn't really reign me in. I would want to just "let it roll around for a while." Eventually I would just spit out what should have been about 3 days of work in an afternoon. It was awesome.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
- when you have a collection of awkward introverts

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Hahaha! Sometimes I ride around with my wife and my shoes will be off and I don't even realize it until time to get out of the car. :)