User Tag List

First 3676848586878896136 Last

Tense. Tension headaches are fun. I haven’t had one in years. These headaches cause my neck muscles to become so tight that the trigger points at the base of my skull feel like they’re going to collapse into black holes.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Tense. Tension headaches are fun. I haven’t had one in years. These headaches cause my neck muscles to become so tight that the trigger points at the base of my skull feel like they’re going to collapse into black holes.
    Ahhhh I had that not too long ago on just the right side. It was so tender to touch but I couldn't stop rubbing it because of the intensity of the discomfort, creeping out in webs from the central point. Hope it releases soon... what a bitch to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Saprophytic Aphrodite View Post
    Ahhhh I had that not too long ago on just the right side. It was so tender to touch but I couldn't stop rubbing it because of the intensity of the discomfort, creeping out in webs from the central point. Hope it releases soon... what a bitch to deal with.
    Thank you.

My solution is a painkiller but also taking two tennis balls and putting them in a sock. You position them right under those two points while lying on the floor. After about 15 to 20 minutes it loosens up all the occipital muscles right down to the muscles in your shoulders. I learned that during years of being single. A neck massage is always nice but not always available.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

Thank you.

My solution is a painkiller but also taking two tennis balls and putting them in a sock. You position them right under those two points while lying on the floor. After about 15 to 20 minutes it loosens up all the occipital muscles right down to the muscles in your shoulders. I learned that during years of being single. A neck massage is always nice but not always available.
    I was actually going to suggest that, but I feel like all I ever do is suggest solutions to your problems.

I feel pretty good. Getting better and better.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Thank you.

I was actually going to suggest that, but I feel like all I ever do is suggest solutions to your problems.
    It just occurred to me that this may have come across differently than I intended it to. What I was actually trying to say is that I didn't want to be obnoxious by offering you advice (yet again) that you didn't ask for... not that your problems are a problem.

I'm guessing you knew I meant it that way, but I just thought I should clarify in case not.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Horribly stressed out.
    нєισтяσριc

It just occurred to me that this may have come across differently than I intended it to. What I was actually trying to say is that I didn't want to be obnoxious by offering you advice (yet again) that you didn't ask for... not that your problems are a problem.

I'm guessing you knew I meant it that way, but I just thought I should clarify in case not.
    No worries. We’ve known each other long enough that I knew what you meant. Also, I’ve never found you to be obnoxious.
    J. A. Baker
    Likes Saprophytic Aphrodite liked this post

Happy and unhappy at the same time? I feel happy and good about myself because I'm finally mentally stable enough to be able to climb out of my unhappiness and because I'm actually successfully doing it...but for now I'm still overall pretty unhappy because of the condition my mind and my life is in. Damn though, the progress feel so good and I'm like

gimme that fire
    Likes Luminous liked this post

The power went out. I woke up because the white noise machine cut in and out before going off completely. It's 5 am and I won't be able to chill out enough to sleep until it comes back on because I know that at this second, my attached garage is not-so-slowly filling with water.

I've manually opened the garage doors so that it can drain out until it comes back on. I can hear that the pit is already full, so it's a matter of seconds before water starts overflowing. I can't even bring myself to remove the cover and look (pointless anyway) because it stresses me out so much after dealing with this issue twice already this year during what was already an extremely stressful (traumatic) time.

Ugh. Now I feel like I absolutely have to go get a battery operated backup pump, which is just fucking fantastic because I've already had to buy a new $400 lawn mower this week, and I have yet to replace my recently broken vacuum.

I've forgotten how to cry. Can't even do it for shit like this anymore.