User Tag List

First 3383123131132133134135143 Last

Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1652

Alternate timelines are just fucking with me now, and I am not happy about it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    874 sx/so

This is the second time ever in my life I brought up that someone might be autistic and it was taken as it is and not an insult. I'm in shock. Shook. People attach a lot of baggage to that word, often ill-educated and presumptuous ones.
    恒星野神
    祓いたまえ、清めたまえ
    Likes Saprophytic Aphrodite liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm tired but can't sleep. not looking forward to tomorrow.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm wondering if ENNG is more about upbringing and MBTI is more or less fixed wiring. the former is more so on my mind. the formation of the enng type seems to be more about nurture than nature. idk ... just something to mentally masturbate about.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    overwhelmed with the lockdown aftereffects
    Seriously ... I’m so isolated. I’m only now feeling it hard after 5 months. Ha! But yeah. School closures, riots, everyone divided and the not knowing how anything will shake out personally, and community wise. Things are really getting to me. I’m so depressed and I find it hard to admit that because I shouldn’t be. It could be so much worse. I just wish I had a farm or a cabin in the woods so I could just live in peace.

The world is too loud. More so than the usual. It’s too much.

I'm wondering if ENNG is more about upbringing and MBTI is more or less fixed wiring. the former is more so on my mind. the formation of the enng type seems to be more about nurture than nature. idk ... just something to mentally masturbate about.
    I feel, as do most Enneagram scholars, that ennea-type is inborn and rather shapes how you interpret your upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    This is the second time ever in my life I brought up that someone might be autistic and it was taken as it is and not an insult. I'm in shock. Shook. People attach a lot of baggage to that word, often ill-educated and presumptuous ones.
    I enjoy the company of those on the higher functioning end of the spectrum. There is a compatible dryness and directness to our communication styles. Sure, sometimes there is an emotional element that is lacking in finesse, but I find that there is also an openness to mutual understanding.

Sometimes I tease myself for being "autastic" (misspelling very intentional) because I can say things in a way that is often mistaken as insensitive, but that's rarely how I intend to communicate. I just don't always like a lot of fluff.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    874 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saprophytic Aphrodite View Post
    I feel, as do most Enneagram scholars, that ennea-type is inborn and rather shapes how you interpret your upbringing.
    I personally agree with Aphrodite, based off personal experiences of my brother and I being quite different despite living and growing in the same house. I do believe that Enneagram influences how you interpret your surroundings- my brother and I saw different things and believed that we each had to do very different things that we both considered 'the right thing' somehow, when faced with the exact same situation.

But I think it's nature over nurture most of all because if Enneagram is shaped by upbringing itself, that implies being able to mold someone into an Enneagram type via their following parenting styles. You don't even need research to see how vastly different siblings can be.
    恒星野神
    祓いたまえ、清めたまえ

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    874 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saprophytic Aphrodite View Post
    I enjoy the company of those on the higher functioning end of the spectrum. There is a compatible dryness and directness to our communication styles. Sure, sometimes there is an emotional element that is lacking in finesse, but I find that there is also an openness to mutual understanding.

Sometimes I tease myself for being "autastic" (misspelling very intentional) because I can say things in a way that is often mistaken as insensitive, but that's rarely how I intend to communicate. I just don't always like a lot of fluff.
    Rather than thinking of it as a 'lack' of emotional finesse, I think of it as more; there is no need for these specific kinds of allistic 'emotional finesse' if it is not in demand. (there is a real lack of finesse however, but that is how I register it)

For those on the higher functioning end of the spectrum, they are more naturally compatible with me in terms of how we speak for similar reasons as well. There's no speaking in subtext, and we just speak without the extra tiresome effort of having to package, parcel, or polish things. There is just a mutual understanding there, which while I can achieve with some allistics, isn't the natural default for many of them. It is like a very unoffending action of taking off your jacket and whatnot and sitting back in your tee on a couch at home- no dressing. Some autistic people have wondered if I was a high functioning autistic too because I match their style of speaking quickly and easily. God knows, maybe, or maybe I just speak that way.
    恒星野神
    祓いたまえ、清めたまえ

MBTI
    INTP

Tired 24/7.