• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I though this would be a nice thread to compliment BryNTP NF thread here and the bonus is they can't respond. :devil: ;)

I adore my INTJ husband. He keeps me grounded when my NF mind wanders. He is fair and privately unbiased which helps me put things in perspective concerning situations I am unsure of. I don't always agree with him, but I understand what he's saying and where he's coming from.

I don't know many INTJ's irl but there are a few on the forum that I appreciate. As for INTP's I originally had a negative view of them until I met several whom I originally had a bad opinion of but have now grown quite fond of.

Healthy minded NT's are without a doubt good people to know. :yes:

Edit: I'll add what I hate about them laters. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know a whole lot about types yet but i'm lovin the nt's on here for their dry wit and perception....but not lovin my reflection in their eyes.

but it's good for me...so bring it on i guess. :D

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Well, I was reading the NT thread of why all NFs are jealous of them...and man, they're funny sometimes :D I mean, I knew that anyways because I have a ton of ENTJ friends that are just some of the most amazing people, but still.
They end up insulting each other after a while (well, the end up insulting everyone a lot of the time), but it's okay because it's usually in good fun. Sometimes when they're talking to people it's a little over the top and they end up looking like total smartasses, but most of the time it's cool :D
NTs help me put myself in prospective; they let me think of different ways of approaching a problem. I have a pretty well developed Ti due to the fact that my twin is NT (and probably my dad too), and I'm glad that they were there to help me strengthen that. It really comes in handy.

But, the only downsides to them is that sometimes they cannot see from different angles. For an NT with a very developed T, sometimes it seems as if their thought process is so linear and narrow, "logical," that it can be hard to bring them to see solutions in relationships and other issues that are definitely not linear or "logical."
And then they can be so sure that they're right that they will fail to see the need to change their point of view or strength any feeling functions.

We come to conclusions differently; that doesn't mean anyone's actually more likely to be right. I think that they don't get us enough credit there sometimes >.>

But that's usually a small thing. Most NTs I know IRL don't have that problem so much unless there's a conflict or they're angry. Otherwise, they're usually very fun to be around and good companions~

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I also love the dry wit of the NTs and the way that they can make sheer arrogance a virtue lol! I also like the way they can argue their way into an out of almost anything. I also do actually like their lack of emotion, depite being an F myself I actually don't get on with strong emotions too well! The only real thing I dislike about em (one's that I have met in person) is that they seem to be sore losers and you end up having to agree to things just because you can't physically face another couple of hours of verbal battlefiled ( I would rather get to the making up) LOL

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Ha, I've learned not to give up with my NTs :D Maybe their stubborness rubbed off on me, but I don't just walk away if I can help it; I gotta either clarify it so it won't happen again (most arguments stem from a lack of good communication; I like to establish an understanding to help prevent later issues from the same core, and it usually works), or I walk away really irritated and let them know it. After all, they get tired of arguing too after a while, and eventually they'll sit down and at least pretend to listen, and that's where you can really actually start getting some real communication down.
However, I only do that when I need to because I really don't like sounding like a b*tch, and I don't hold grudges too well ever, so it's hard to stay mad for too long >.<

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
I just made a new friend who is ENTP and I am trying to better understand the type.
We have enormously fun conversations that last a long time and are very
intuitively-oriented.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The heat in the freezer. :wubbie:

The low probability I'll be engulfed by it :sadbanana:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate them all. Except the ones I've knocked down and claimed for my realm.

Which may number into the 100s...

DestructoGirl30

MBTI Type
infj
I love my ENTJ husband. He is capable of being extremely dynamic and I am amazed and intriqued by the way other people respond to him. People seem to like him but at the same time they are intimidated by him. I hate the way he dominates every conversation, and he often doesn't understand why I take the time to consider other people's opinions and feelings.

He has a just get things done additude and sometimes forgets to stop and think about how he is going to affect others feelings.

I feel we balance each other well. I remind him that if people are content and happy they are more productive and he helps me understand when it is time to move past appearances and feelings to get a situation taken care of.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
My dad is an ENTJ. He taught me how to think analytically and he taught me humor of a dry sort. He is one of the more balanced people I know, but that probably has little to do with his being an NT. On the other hand, he does have a righteous judgmental side even though he doesn't express it directly much. I have my doubts about how much he understands and sympathizes with those less fortunate than himself, but he does try to help others in his benevolently patriarchal way.

He really is the only NT that I usually spend much time around. He is the only NT in my immediate family and I seem naturally drawn to other NFs. I have met some nice NTs before, but most of my experience of NTs comes from online communities. I love the intellectual debates of sites such as atheist forums which are filled with NTs. At the same time, I can only deal with NTs in large groups for very short periods of time.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thinking clearly rates as highly important to me, so I appreciate NTs who step back and analyze things objectively and challenge my thinking. It has always been natural for me to form intimate bonds with thinkers. The only thing I don't like is when someone has an identity of being objective, but they aren't being reasonable, and so they use a false objectivity for blatant passive-aggressiveness. I don't fight with them, but they make me tired. That is a hard shell to crack. It might be associated with immaturity. I have not encountered it irl, but only online.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
What I love about the NTs I know: They can fix my computer. If needed, they can build one. I like it whenever they take me to computer stores and inform me on most electronics, what to buy and what to save money on (I feel so protected from salesmen).

I also love how we can share deep discussions from politics, art, culture, history, their philosophical views, inside jokes. I love their sarcasm (if it's innocent). . I used to like how my NT ex would wake me up on the cell phone on his way to work o tell me about the latest morning news on NPR. We'd both get into it.

I can't really find anything that I hate about NTs. There are specific undesirable traits I find in people, in general, that I dislike (cruelty, narrow-mindedness, arrogance, superiority), which applies to any types, depending on their values and upbringing. Other than that, I like talking to them in person. They're pretty funny, just as courteous, so long as there's a sense of mutual respect.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Love: their thoughts and logic
Hate: their thoughts and logic

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What do you love and What do you hate about NTs

Yep, NTs rock.

They sure do. Love the insatiable thirst for knowledge, the quirkiness, the dry wit, the intensity, the determination to perfect the physical side of the relationship.:heart: I even love their arrogance, especially if they acknowledge it and can laugh at themselves. Of course this doesn't apply to all NTs. I've met som real SOBs who were NTs. Same qualities but in a twisted individual they can be ultra-ugly:cry:.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gotto go with the dry humor and the arrogance streak. Very sexy. Also sometimes..very annoying :p Depends on how it is used.

I admire that they can have such rock-solid confidence in themselves and not care what other think, and yet occasionally I wanna pound their head against the wall.

I'm lucky to have a bf who is reasonable, and realizes that my thought processes might be weird and unconventional, but they DO work occasionally. He loves backtracking where my thoughts came from and finding the oh so very well hidden logic behind them. Then he verifies the results with what he would have thought of and he might not agree with me, but he does respect how I got there and the endresult as well. He will however make it very clear when I am not making sense (which is surprisingly little, but then again, he's known me for 10 years so..)

Also, despite being arrogant, if he needs to correct me, he does so in a cute way, instead of a demeaning one. And when we do have a 'fight', we don't personally attack, we question the problem and reasoning at hand. That helps a lot to keep the peace.

For all this, I'm more than willing to forgive his small lack of social skills and take that burden on me. He is my rock which allows me to be the sea and basically not have to be stable and strong one. That is such a relief.

WieldingTheSword

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I dated an INTJ for 4 years, so this is somewhat easy...

Loves:

-Their minds
-Their desire for knowledge, learning, truth, logic, etc.
-Their ability to keep you grounded and realistic
-Their humor. Absolutely hysterical to me.
-Their N. Especially when they are INT's... they are very deep and a wealth of insight.
-Their social awkwardness. Again, moreso with INT's, but very funny.
-The way they complement Idealists (NF's) overall.

Hates:
-Their tendency to come off arrogant
-Their tendency to BE arrogant.
-Their coldness.
-Their tendency to tell you what you need to do to fix your life/tendency to think they know you better than you do.
-Their lack of outer passion.
-Their disdain for emotion and feeling in life.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love their intellectual curiosity, their quirky interests, their precise use of language, their fun humor especially if they can laugh at themselves if they're arrogant, their confidence in the areas they think they're competent, their few but completely genuine compliments (given in technical, particular language, free of BS).

Hate their inconsistent value of social rules (they can be as uptight as an SJ in certain areas, then oblivious or defiant with not following others), their impatience with prolonged emotional venting or ranting; and their view of giving attention as binary (off/on rather than on a spectrum) and viewing helping others as giving them space to "help themselves" because self-reliance is the highest virtue.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a shitton of INT friends and I admire their quirkiness and the originality of many of their ideas. I like how outrageous they can become sometimes, and I'm most happy when I see a gleam of real emotion on their faces -- a rare event, but it happens.

I hate their arrogance, though. And with a few of them it can be really bad.

REEAAAALLY bad. Like, comically bad.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
They always manage to smack me with reality and keep things logical, what I hate is that they can be arrogant and "cold".