• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTs are straight up awesome if they are mature and can admit when they are wrong. They are also awesome when they are somewhat aware of their feelings and somewhat aware of other's too. I've only been graced by two of these people in my life, an INTP friend girl of mine and an ENTJ guy friend of mine.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
0004ni1.gif

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
Good-
Excellent verbal sparring partners, good debaters-when I argue with an NT I always come out of it thinking or speaking better than before, except when they get so convinced that something is or is not rational that they defend it like an SJ with a rule (I guess we do the same thing with ethical principles/feelings?), enjoy poiting out/making fun of stupid stuff with me, keeping me on task (I swear, NTs are the absolute best for keeping me on task: fellow NFs, I assume, would be off-task with me, SPs in my experience won't insist, and SJs usually do it in a way that turns me off), and definitely the humor part, ability to understand complicated theories (mine and others') and discuss them.

Ungood-
Can't handle the full dose of (my) crazy, the super-rational thing mentioned above, and occasionally the lack of F sensitivity can be painful (it's okay once or twice, but if they do it enough times it's like ARGH!) if directed towards me, and awkward if directed towards others (it's like... don't you... notice... what you're doing...? :shock:)

I often get the feeling that socially, NTs could do the whole social thing but just don't feel like it. And being able to do something is just as good as doing it in my book. "Can and don't" is awesome; "can't and try" is frequently cringe-worthy, and those sorts of NTs can be wearying, although generally I'll get along with them better than others do.

NTs are also big on the kind of puzzles that I'm big on; one of my friends was a huge INT and we spent all of math class playing puzzle games on the calculator, and doing either crossword puzzles or Sudoku. Awesome. Of course, he still got A's and A+'s, while I got my one and only C... :doh: :cry:

On the other hand, that same friend was one of those "don't you know what you're doing?" types on occasion, and if we had gotten to be closer friends (he moved to a different school), I probably would've tried to find a way to be of some assistance in that regard.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Love: That they enjoy discussing deep random concepts as much as I do. (INTPs at least)

Hate: That they may some day destroy the world: FOXNews.com - Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy World - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

(Oh well, Yellowstone would probably get me first: FOXNews.com - Recent Yellowstone Quake Swarm Second Most Intense on Record - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News If the Earth ever up & cracks in half, no question hands-down the crack would start under Yellowstone. Don't even mention undersea trenches when I have the flippin' doorway to the land of the lost next door...)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
NTJs- Really smart
NTJs-not as smart as they think they are

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's true. They're smart, but they over estimate how smart they actually are.

I think misunderstanding others boosts self-confidence...

(wait, I'm not welcome in this thread, am I?)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think misunderstanding others boosts self-confidence...

(wait, I'm not welcome in this thread, am I?)

who's confidence? yours? if you're convinced you're right about something no matter what anyone else tells you, you're confident enough
the person who's being misunderstood? perhaps, but not at the cost of them thinking you're an egotistical jackass that has no clue.

(says who?)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I often get the feeling that socially, NTs could do the whole social thing but just don't feel like it. And being able to do something is just as good as doing it in my book. "Can and don't" is awesome; "can't and try" is frequently cringe-worthy, and those sorts of NTs can be wearying, although generally I'll get along with them better than others do.

I know the sorts of things I need to do and say to blend in. It's not a great mystery. It's just.... why bother?

I knew someone an college, probably another INTP, and she told me something that I've held on to "it's true that things won't make you happy, but people won't make you happy either."

That being said, I've put effort into improving my relationships with my family. A trick I've found recently is that I have just as much power over the quality of my relationships with someone as they do. I can feel myself slowly becoming a better conversationalist, and that's awesome. It just involves taking what seems to me like risks. Normal puts people to sleep.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
love - malleable, quick minds

hate - malleable, quick minds

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Absolutely love how smart, clever, witty and self-assured they can SEEM, as it helps me refocus, rebalance and reframe my own pov in a way that allows me to address my insecurities and move forward :heart:

Absolutely hate how they often seem to feel the need to point this out to everyone else and put them down in the process to feed their own ego coz their ability to put themselves in other peoples shoes hasn't caught up with their cleverness yet, and the ironic hypocrisy of needing validation by mocking others who actually have the balls to openly ask for it and admit their vulnerability hasn't sunk in yet. For all their intelligence, they somehow remain blind to this :dry:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Love how much more logical and detached they are than me. Makes for a pretty interesting role reversal to hang around them and realize that suddenly I'm the emotional one. The T vs. T dark-humored banter is also pretty amazing. (Even better with NTPs, because Ne banter is my favorite.)

Hate when they think they're being logical and they aren't.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Absolutely hate how they often seem to feel the need to point this out to everyone else and put them down in the process to feed their own ego coz their ability to put themselves in other peoples shoes hasn't caught up with their cleverness yet, and the ironic hypocrisy of needing validation by mocking others who actually have the balls to openly ask for it and admit their vulnerability hasn't sunk in yet. For all their intelligence, they somehow remain blind to this :dry:

What specific domain is this in reference to? Romance?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
In my experience this isn't necessarily NT, but I suppose there's a personal compatibility factor to it as well.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What specific domain is this in reference to? Romance?

In general, tbh. I'm specifically talking about the obnoxious need to camouflage insecurities by bragging excessively about them being a superior being - and yes, Im using a hyperbole here to make my point, so no it's not always to this extreme or obnoxiousness. I get where it stems from, I empathise with it coz god knows that being paralysed by insecurity aint no joking matter but man, do you (general you) have to make it a chain reaction where you pass it along to the people around you so *you* can feel better about yourself? :doh:

In my experience this isn't necessarily NT, but I suppose there's a personal compatibility factor to it as well.

Granted, other personalities do that on their own territory as well. SJs often bitch and whine about how others lack a sense of duty and are unreliable, for instance. But this is an NT thread and I was specifically asked what bugged me (and what I loved btw) about NTs. What bugs me is the combination of the undeveloped ability for empathy - or thats how it comes off (NF bitching about their territory I suppose :doh:) - though it could just be the unwillingness to use it, I suppose and the incessant need to be derogatory to others to feel better about themselves, thinly disguised by the reasoning that 'lesser beings aren't worth the effort to treat with respect.'