• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?

Feline

I love about one NT that even though he points out lots of negatives it doesn't affect him negatively. He can go on and on about the bad side of things without feeling badly.

AsTimeGoesBy

MBTI Type
INFP
I love that I can joke around with An ENTJ I know and he doesn't take it personally. I also love that he's direct and doesn't beat around the bush. I love that I can carry long, deep conversations with the ENTP that I know and walk away feeling so intellectually full and stimulated. The NTs I know make great friends.

bookstorephantom

I love their depth, humor, and their comprehension. Once I've figured them out they surpass what I've thought possible.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haven't come across too many in the worldz i inhabit. from what i've read, most of them strongly dislike INFPs/INFPness so i don't consciously seek them out.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh no, I am sad (no joking this time) reading those statements about NT disliking INFP :(

I just wrote a post on an INFP I only approached for some few hours:blush: to answer the following thread :

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...e-able-read-book-post2355515.html#post2355515

What is funny Lulabelle is that you say : "haven't come across too many in the worldz i inhabit."

I could say the same about INFP and I said it, in a way, in that post.:shock:

I think we don't see each other. Because our conscious needs, ways to be, and motivations are so different...

Now I'll think INFP dislike NT :cry:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now I'll think INFP dislike NT :cry:
Some of them don't. I think there is ample room for misunderstanding and rubbing each other the wrong way. If we can get past that initial poor impression, however, we have a chance to connect on a deeper and more meaningful level. To some degree that is true of all type combinations, but I think especially so for NT/NF.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Especially for NT/NF"

Is there a serious or specific reason for those two not to rub each other the right way ?

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of them don't. I think there is ample room for misunderstanding and rubbing each other the wrong way. If we can get past that initial poor impression, however, we have a chance to connect on a deeper and more meaningful level. To some degree that is true of all type combinations, but I think especially so for NT/NF.

I know lots of NTs get on with INFJs and ENFPs but it doesn't seem true for INFPs

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love the ability to see past society's bullshit, the innovation, the big ideas... I dislike the villainy and conceit.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Debating with an NT about a theory or ideology which is abstractly locked up really tight as a completely logical, but closed system, and then attempting to address how it doesn't map to reality, is what I find most frustrating. There is absolutely no way to convince or win such a debate even when the NT has become reality optional. It is maddening beyond comprehension.

On a positive note, there is a certain detachment NT have with reality that can provide clarity when people involved in reality get too subjectively invested.

I find that NTs definitely see the forest through the trees, but it tends to be a computer generated forest in which all the branches are identical and fit perfectly together. They don't see the messy, chaotic details of the forest, but they do focus on the big picture forest.