• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs, why would you friendzone someone?

fabulousworld

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hello lovely people!

I (ENFP-T, early 30's) recently told an INFJ-A male (mid-30's) that I am starting to have feelings for him and he said that he just sees me as a friend. We've been friends for a year with deep conversations (phone and video) that last hours - up to 6 hours sometimes. Our conversations go deep and intimate and he's also expressed on various occasions how he feels that our friendship is unique, that we get each other in an intuitive way that he doesn't have with anyone else, and that we help build each other up. He also once spent 5-10 minutes sharing deep and specific things that he values about me, which was an intense experience for me. I consider myself attractive, but we live on opposite sides of the country and have never met in-person, so that might be a factor?

When I told him that I was starting to have feelings for him, he took a moment to think and responded, "I just see you as a friend. One that I really like and value and appreciate, but just as a friend." There was no wavering or doubt in his tone of voice. I also see him as someone with integrity, so I trust that he said what he meant.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't think this has much to do with type.