• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What are your opinions about INFJs?

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Okay, let me start off by saying that I'm not looking for praise and I'm not trying to be self-centered. I want to better understand my type from the view of others.
I never really know how other people think of me, or INFJs in general; there's a big long list of traits for INFJs, but I never really know for sure what is something only we know about ourselves, or what other people actually do see in us.
I suppose it actually is a trait of INFJs to not know what other people actually think of us, and I relate wholly. However, I want to better understand it; I want to see from the outside in.

So, shoot: try to be honest. And try covering both sides: the positives and the negatives.
I'd really appreciate it :D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I personally appreciate that you recognize my subtle antics more than any other type. I get the half-cocked head to the side dog look from people I suspect are infjs, which keeps me going. Twitch to the left, shake of the head, flick of the wrist... my body is only a puppet and you guys aren't the only audience. High five, infj!

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
love em. every one i have met is oodles of fun.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Drawn to some of them like a moth to a flame (I get burned and all).

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
They're crazy and they smell funny.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really know any (that I've spoken to recently) from around my home ~50 mile radius, funny enough. I have a hunch that one of my old bosses from college was one, but my memories of him are fading. He was a cool guy though, had a real chip about my "attitude" as he put it... which often confused me to no end. Talking with another friend who worked for him a few years before me cleared something up about that though (he may have had rather bad experiences with certain NT-ish types before I was hired).
I know an ENFJ (somewhat unsure about the "N" though) at work, he's all around cool.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like em. Layered personalities that get more interesting as you dig deeper, a quiet strength, thoughtful, and surprisingly sociable for introverts.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
One of my best friends in an INFJ and we get on just great!

D

Dali

Great, nice people but, some of them, when depressed, have a tendency to mire down their close friends along with them. In addition, some of them do tend to downplay their friends' problems in relation to their own. If X happens to them, it's a horrible monumentous thing and they need time to get through it. If X happened to you, they'd tell you to 'get over it' and they'd wonder why you were being so weak.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
An INFJ friend of mine is great to be with one on one. One thing is, he says so much, one time this, the other time that, and I have tended to take it all serious. I have come back from that. Not taking things too serious he is a great help and always wants to talk and offer help. He's very interested in people.

For girls, without having much experience, I think INFJ is my favourite type.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like em. Layered personalities that get more interesting as you dig deeper, a quiet strength, thoughtful, and surprisingly sociable for introverts.

This.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Great, nice people but, some of them, when depressed, have a tendency to mire down their close friends along with them. In addition, some of them do tend to downplay their friends' problems in relation to their own. If X happens to them, it's a horrible monumentous thing and they need time to get through it. If X happened to you, they'd tell you to 'get over it' and they'd wonder why you were being so weak.

Meh. That's human nature in general.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

... All night long :devil:

Eh, an issue when they try to be my mother; I had one, she was a bitch pain, replacement is not nessicary. However, they're wonderful when we're standing on even ground. (and sometimes it gets a little hot in here! :blush:)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Everything good about them can also be bad. Like anything else.

* Very conscientious and considerate. Flipside: incapable of complaining about something out of shyness and unwillingness to be 'mean'.
* Wonderful communicators. Flipside: can overcommunicate.
* Very stable and supportive. Flipside: smothering.
* Very sensitive to the feelings of others. Flipside: Neurotic about little casual slights or bad feelings.

Overall, I love INFJ's with every bit of my black heart.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
INFJs are probably my favorite type, and I usually resonate best with them among all types. They have a depth of spirit that I find very appealing. Excellent abstract communicators, so I get plenty of mind candy there. The feeling part gives them a warmth and kindness that I find very attractive. I like the introversion too, on a personal level, since I like my space and they understand that and usually want the same. The J complements my P nicely as well, and I am light enough on the P that it usually isn't much of an issue.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I know a few and they are very different from each other. Over all they are very fun to to be with and we make jokes all the time. They are always busy doing something with their lives and always seem positive and "lucky" I can't explain that last one too well but they always land what they want in many different ways. Over all a 9.3 out of 10.:D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can't stand em ;)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
INFJ is like honey... good to have around but too much makes me ill. Most of the time they're good at reading me though so they maintain the distance that I need :)

Although neuroticism is a major issue... that and blaming themselves for everything. :mellow: