• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Why the hate or dislike for INFP?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm afraid that's not possible. ESFP's are all secretly non-corporeal. We're like Al from quantum leap. A hollowgram that only all of planet earth can see and hear. :shrug:

who said we eat the bodies.
we only like the souls.
:devil:

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Wait...
So, you have no body and no soul?
:shock:

theyre just in the future.
a2f732588f137b6b744a633931a9049f.jpg

Ziggy says this is a silly time to keep them in.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Nice choice :D

So, you post through... a black hole?

As an incarnation of Nyarlanthotep I can manifest through angles beyond time and space. Mostly I operate out of a curiosity shoppe that hooks people up with needufl things. :shrug:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I like INFPs. Truly openminded, androgynous in nature, great artists. I have some trouble in conversations with xNFPs because you guys jump from one idea to the next, before my Ni has time to process it.

:hug:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They hate us cuz they ain't us.

I watched the original Anne of Green Gables (famous infp) mini series with Megan Follows. And I always wondered what everyone's problem with this pretty and nice girl was.

I watched the remake of Anne of Green Gables on Netflix, "Anne with an E," and they made Anne super annoying this time. When she first appeared for Mathew to bring her home and adopt her, I was screaming in my head "take her back! AHHHHHHH!" I think Anne with an E really captured how annoying we can be, and it was more realistic too. If you ever watch the first 5 mins of that on Netflix, then it makes sense. But actually, I think Anne was more of an ENFP. They're actually the really annoying ones. It takes more energy to bully them though, and that's why they pick on INFPs instead. People are just taking out their frustrations with ENFP's out on us.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes, infp's like to quote folks. Folks read the quote and they think "I come back to that later when I ain't a having all these here problems.". Then folks go back and the quote done disappeared. [MENTION=14594]xenaprincess[/MENTION]

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for the replies, lots of good insights.

I don't know why INFP would be seen as an especially effeminate type. Perhaps they come across moreso on the internet?

I mean there's a good likelihood I'm one, but I've been described as somewhat masculine or "manly"; wearing a full beard, chopping wood in a t-shirt on cold winter days--traits or activities that are almost to the point of absurdity in how masculine they are perceived. Not to say I feel especially masculine, I feel more androgynous, just going by how some people have described me in the past. All that said, I find it very hard to identify with any description or writings on INFP types, to the point I wonder if no INFPs are involved in writing about this type and it's all based on some idea of them rather than any solid understanding of type theory. I dunno.

When I first read an info description, I felt like this is definitely how people see me and how I'm treated. When infps write their own type descriptions, it seems less flat/one note. The format is different when an info does it too. They don't stick to the standard thing that seems to water us down into a caricature. I should edit this and write more, but I'm really tired and on my cell phone.

Officer Ed Powell, I welcome you to our type description for as long as you want to stay or until I get sick of it. Whichever comes first

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes, infp's like to quote folks. Folks read the quote and they think "I come back to that later when I ain't a having all these here problems.". Then folks go back and the quote done disappeared. [MENTION=14594]xenaprincess[/MENTION]

Ah. I was wondering if the alert would go away, once I deleted. Sorry about that.

I wrote something that I later felt embarrassed by. Basically, I don’t want to actively portray myself as the entitled person that I am, dismissing ppl’s fears about the virus, (namely my MIL). She’s older and lives close to other ppl, though she has her own place and there’s personal space. I wrote something like it’s not as if she lives in a forest and needs to make fire. :mellow: And how the SO’s way of comforting her (with all sincerity) is to say, it’s not like you’re 25. You’ve lived a full life. :shock: Alas, that is not going to reassure anyone.

My MIL is a cancer survivor, raising two boys on her own after her husband died of cancer. I am sometimes perplexed that she did those obviously heroic things yet she can feel paralyzed by how she should feed herself through this pandemic. (My view is, feed yourself what you always feed yourself.) She usually eats little things from the grocery store that require simple prep.

Anyways, TMI, I know. I felt guilty. We Asians are supposed to respect our elders. I ought to be nicer, esp what she’s been through.

I hope your day is problem-free!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah. I was wondering if the alert would go away, once I deleted. Sorry about that.

I wrote something that I later felt embarrassed by. Basically, I don’t want to actively portray myself as the entitled person that I am, dismissing ppl’s fears about the virus, (namely my MIL). She’s older and lives close to other ppl, though she has her own place and there’s personal space. I wrote something like it’s not as if she lives in a forest and needs to make fire. :mellow: And how the SO’s way of comforting her (with all sincerity) is to say, it’s not like you’re 25. You’ve lived a full life. :shock: Alas, that is not going to reassure anyone.

My MIL is a cancer survivor, raising two boys on her own after her husband died of cancer. I am sometimes perplexed that she did those obviously heroic things yet she can feel paralyzed by how she should feed herself through this pandemic. (My view is, feed yourself what you always feed yourself.) She usually eats little things from the grocery store that require simple prep.

Anyways, TMI, I know. I felt guilty. We Asians are supposed to respect our elders. I ought to be nicer, esp what she’s been through.

I hope your day is problem-free!

Thanks! I can already tell that that's the kind of day I'm going to have. lol.

Do not feel judged, but I approve of your above thoughts. lol

We all have someone who needs to hear, "I know it's bad, but you crazy!" One of my friends messaged me yesterday and asked if I thought she should use soap and water to wash off her fresh fruits. I was like, dish soap? No. Then she spouted all this crap and getting sick and dying in Oklahoma, and I was like fine. Go wash your fruit with soap. I'm sure that'll taste great.

Your SO is funny. I'm going to tell my mom that someday. She'll flip out and angry yell.......

You have a happy day!

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We tend to be pretty damned wishy washy. Almost as wishy washy as INTPs, I think. :shock:

I don't blame people for getting frustrated with our wishy washy-ness. I'm sure it can be maddening for people who are more point-and-shoot.:newwink:

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is like how I experience what could be Fi; but then the MBTI doesn’t really work on me.

I’m not sure but I’d noticed this as well maybe not a huge tendency towards dislike but just generally denying Fi as a valid function, and any many a perception that might arise from it’s usage.

I’m not sure how else to describe it but there’s this anger and resentment that tends to take place rom having my true intentions or feelings denied so I finally an then to cope at all I’ve grown thick emotional type of callous to deal with the world over my true feelings that in life me to push forward and are the only way I am able to cope with the world as it is.

They’re my true feelings and self but not necessarily Fi/or Fe, I mean well, what’s with Fe? Fi desires harmonious on connection emotionally with others, isn’t that what Fe is supposedly? I don’t think Fe is extroverted feelings only though, like laughing, smiling all the time conforming to social expectation of behaviour.

I love it because that’s NF to me—the notion of being a dreamer, like that song says it’s how I feel towards the notion.