• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do we care too much about humanity??

chipy100

Permabanned
I always feel that we care too much about humanity while the same people we care for are very selfish. I guess my questions should be do people just use us for personal gain?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
This question exemplifies the problem I have with virtually all NF type profiles. You all are too good for this earth.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
This question exemplifies the problem I have with virtually all NF type profiles. You all are too good for this earth.

Sounds like you are implying we should do a massive NF exodus to a new planet.

I approve.:laugh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't know about others but I'm not Gandhi. I believe in a coherent and peace-seeking conduct but I'm not going to go out of my way to obsess over evil people's problems.

chipy100

Permabanned
Gandhi is hot!

ghandi.jpg

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We definitely care too much about humanity. It won't last.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I always feel that we care too much about humanity while the same people we care for are very selfish. I guess my questions should be do people just use us for personal gain?
I agree very strongly.
From Experienca I can say, how much I always worked my Ass off for others and how they never even had a simple "Thanks" left for me. People were using me very often. So somewhen I made a simple Decision:
I will do Stuff for People, but if after a certain Time NOTHING comes back (and I just mean simple "Thank you"s or so), I will just stop. Until they prove to me they are worth it.
Hard, but fair I'd say.

chipy100

Permabanned
I agree very strongly.
From Experienca I can say, how much I always worked my Ass off for others and how they never even had a simple "Thanks" left for me. People were using me very often. So somewhen I made a simple Decision:
I will do Stuff for People, but if after a certain Time NOTHING comes back (and I just mean simple "Thank you"s or so), I will just stop. Until they prove to me they are worth it.
Hard, but fair I'd say.

I am glad I am not alone in my experience.:nice:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I am glad I am not alone in my experience.:nice:
Nah, you aren't alone on this. I guess some People just try to be helpful but Todays Humans don't really appreciate it anymore. They just keep taking and taking and don't give Anything back, then when you go Berserk on them and ask, why in Hell they are so selfish and greedy they either go all emo on you, don't care at all or "promise to get better" but never do. That's what I have been seeing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't help People for the Fame or so, I just do because in my Past I often DID need Help and Noone bothered to care, so I wanted to make feel People different. And I am okay with it, if People don'T say thanks every Time, but dam, if you help Someone out 100 Times and he just keeps taking without a nice Word, sooner or later it gets frustrating. I just don't understand why People can't do Something simple like say "Thanks" for once.

So, yep, I can relate I guess, even as an INTJ. :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

= martyr.
So stop already. Or stop complaining. It's really very simple.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
= martyr.
You know, I'd say it is less of a complaining and more of a "getting a bit frustrated", since it would be so easy for People to say thanks.

Me myself, I still help People if they need Anything (italian Genes, that's just how we are), but - as I already said - if they use me too much, it will have Consequences.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i care about humanity too much. im being used. oh no.

btw Gandhi is awsome.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Humanism is great. The advancement of civilization depends on it.

Secular Humanism FTW.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
= martyr.

+1,000

If you're helping people with the attitude of "I'll help you, but all I ask is this one simple thing. A thank you," people will sense that you're not really doing it out of love or altruism or just being a cool guy, but that you're doing it to GET something out of the other person. No one likes a martyr. I help people all the time, but I can pretty much tell who's there to suck me dry, and who genuinely needs and will appreciate the help. And sometimes people just need help, regardless of whether they're in a position to fall all over my feet in gratitude or not. I think you need to ask yourself why you're helping others. Is it really for them, or for you to feel needed?

I was on a music-related message board and someone had offered copies of some cool high-res pics to the members there, if they'd PM an email. So I did, and thanked her graciously. A few days later, she posted a big emo message about how NO ONE had said please or thank you for these pictures, and what has this world come to, etc., etc. I reminded her that, yes I had, in fact, thanked her. And I also reminded her that if you just tell someone to PM you an email address, that's probably what people will do. You can't create unspoken rules and then get bent out of shape when people don't comply to them. If you do, you'll become very disillusioned, very quickly.

Stop and ask yourself if there might be other reasons why you're not getting the reactions you're after.