• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJs butt heads with which type?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually think the main difficulty is how rounded a person of any type is. Anyone can be an asshole, just like anyone can be decent. It's just a matter of how unbalanced they are oftentimes.
And which types are most abundant? SJs. Therefore, which unbalanced types are most abundant? Unbalanced SJs. Though, of course I'm not making excuses... :unsure:

Last edited:

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
ESTJs. There's millions of them and every single of them thinks he's Louis XIV.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I tend to have the most trouble with ESFJs too. I mean, I like them as people, but if I'm working with one, it's trouble. ISTJs and I also tend to butt heads a little; they never seem to appreciate my sense of humor, nor do I appreciate theirs. Again - I like them, I just don't always get along with them.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The reason I voted ESxJs is because if they don't like you their energy goes outward/invasive/etc.. They're controlling in the extraverted manner. They make themselves difficult to avoid.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Dunno, but I'm butting heads with one right now. *grr*

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't relegate it to a type though I have sincerely thought on who I butt heads with most. It seems varied and significantly based on maturity/tolerance.

I cannot withstand for long the obnoxious, the self-righteous, the arrogant, and the cruel of any type. If someone is one of these things, I will stand askance as long as I can bear it. If they are any two of these things, I will avoid them like the plague. If they are more than two of these things, I will avoid them like the plague and potentially lash out a verbal whipcrack or two --but if I am forcibly stayed in their presence I will emotionally spear them with a well-sharpened word or ten.

As such, I'm rarely in the presence of people I butt heads with save for my job, which is usually fleeting contact. I'd guess this is true for most INFJs since we don't voluntarily stick around for people we despise.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
I'm curious to see which type INFJs historically have had the most problems with.

For me it has to be ESFJs. We don't seem to get along. Apparently, my personal style, general disposition, and failure to acknowledge rules, have put me on their lifelong sh*t list. In return, I find them annoyingly conventional, nosy, manipulative, invasive, gossipy, fake and cliquish. I don't feel as negatively about any other type. ESFJs bring out the worst in me.

ENFJ.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
I cannot withstand for long the obnoxious, the self-righteous, the arrogant, and the cruel of any type. If someone is one of these things, I will stand askance as long as I can bear it. If they are any two of these things, I will avoid them like the plague. If they are more than two of these things, I will avoid them like the plague and potentially lash out a verbal whipcrack or two --but if I am forcibly stayed in their presence I will emotionally spear them with a well-sharpened word or ten.

So well-said, thank you, and I am just this way as well.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm curious to see which type INFJs historically have had the most problems with.

For me it has to be ESFJs. We don't seem to get along. Apparently, my personal style, general disposition, and failure to acknowledge rules, have put me on their lifelong sh*t list. In return, I find them annoyingly conventional, nosy, manipulative, invasive, gossipy, fake and cliquish. I don't feel as negatively about any other type. ESFJs bring out the worst in me.

Whatever type insists that her niece should let her use her Doppler to check her niece's unborn baby's heart tones, even though her niece says No.

A different time she arranged a birthday celebration for my shy 11 year-old INF daughter who didn't know most of the 40 relatives at the party (which was also a family reunion). The waiters came out with a giant sombrero they put on my daughter's head and led the entire restaurant in singing Happy Birthday, which embarassed and annoyed her.

Later my aunt complained my daughter was ungrateful, even though my mom and I had both told her not to make a big deal about the birthday.

She's a very domineering woman whose own grown daughter is unable to do anything without her mother's advice and/or assistance. Fortunately she lives in Ohio where we rarely visit.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mostly people don't bother me too much because I keep my distance, but one that I think is ISTJ really gets under my skin because she believes, apparently, that I lie -- lie as in fabricate, make stuff up. The first couple of times she snorted at me in derision I let it go, but she did it again just lately and I just finished assembling documentation so I can confront her with proof that I was telling the truth, and ask her not to assume I'm A FREAKING NUTCASE again ... grrrrr. Her imagination is so limited and she is so sure she knows everything that when something foreign to her comes to light, she just assumes it can't be true.

I thought the thread was "INFJ butt heads," too, LOL.

S

Sniffles

I actually think the main difficulty is how rounded a person of any type is. Anyone can be an asshole, just like anyone can be decent. It's just a matter of how unbalanced they are oftentimes.

Yeah this is my attitude too.

G

Glycerine

I'm seeing a trend. What is the problem that comes up here? Too grounded in rules and reality?
yes, at times. I was referring to extreme SJ's that are closed minded, set in their ways, and extra type A. However, I have met man wonderful SJ's but out of the negative forms of the temperaments, I tend to clash with SJ's the most.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
yes, at times. I was referring to extreme SJ's that are closed minded, set in their ways, and extra type A. However, I have met man wonderful SJ's but out of the negative forms of the temperaments, I tend to clash with SJ's the most.

Maybe it's STJs, or just me. I'm not a "I'll try anything new" kind of person, but I don't think of myself as so closed minded. I could be wrong about myself. I've come across some SJs that I think are just so stuck on playing office or organization of their surroundings. I agree with the general idea behind SJ's, but some SJ's do take it way far.

S

Sniffles

I've only had problems with one ISTJ, and that was mostly because he was a troll.

As for the ISTJs here, I have nothing against them. In fact I'm actually to get to know them better.

Lately Ive been clashing with ISPs.

G

Glycerine

Maybe it's STJs, or just me. I'm not a "I'll try anything new" kind of person, but I don't think of myself as so closed minded. I could be wrong about myself. I've come across some SJs that I think are just so stuck on playing office or organization of their surroundings. I agree with the general idea behind SJ's, but some SJ's do take it way far.

That's why I said EXTREME so it probably does not include you. From what I have read in your posts, you don't seem to come off like the ones I'm referring to and I enjoy reading your posts. :)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
That's why I said EXTREME so it probably does not include you. From what I have read in your posts, you don't seem to come off like the ones I'm referring to and I enjoy reading your posts. :)

I know. I wonder if there's really a significant difference in the impression on other people by ESxJs compared to ISxJs.

sade

I know. I wonder if there's really a significant difference in the impression on other people by ESxJs compared to ISxJs.

Well, in my humble opinion it's the Extroversion. The ISxJs are more tuned down versus the ESxJs, atleast in expression.