• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi: You only get it if you got it

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
*waves an olive branch over Aimahn's head*

:)

I think this thread is pretty much done.

I covered it in the first page: Fi is an internal moral compass.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Now it's just a matter of who is mature enough to not have to get the last word in.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ or INFP? a closer look

go here and peruse the scroll bar on the top left for Contrasting Fi and Fe
i'd like to thank didums and neglect and ThisGirl
good night:hi:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You do realize that a majority of the posters in this thread were Ti users and actually filled a decent amount of posts in this thread therefore contributing to trying to bring a linear logical explanation of what it is whether or not you appreciated it is irrelevant, because you specifically asked for it. If you read fine lines post he explicitly stated that they had an equal chance of being wrong and in trying to explain Fi you would have to view it in the light of other functions. If you look at most of the insightful posts they did use logically reasonable explanations to describe it. That was something I felt you failed to do, go ahead and quote for me your insightful posts on Fi.

That's true CC. What some of the people here are trying to do is explain Fi, since you proposed "You only get it if you got it". It seems as if they're trying to prove you wrong. On the other hand, it's not like a non-dom Fi person has ever experienced Fi and the effects of having it. But this does not mean that they may not have a thorough understanding of it.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
See my edit. And the japanese example is assuming that what she has said is completely incomprehensible, which I don't think is the case here.

My point was not if it was completely incomprehensible, but more so keying in on the fact that there was a difficulty in translation. Would you not agree that the more objective the terms the less difficulty in translation. Disregard correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you good with English, can you not tell the distinctions between words, is that not handy in being a good writer.

Can that not lead to communication problems if you don't make correct distinctions, can that not apply to arguing and reasoning?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
*waves an olive branch over Aimahn's head*

:)

I think this thread is pretty much done.

I covered it in the first page: Fi is an internal moral compass.
No, heart said it better. You have no idea what you're talking about disregard, EVER. :p

Now it's just a matter of who is mature enough to not have to get the last word in.

I believe on...Page 75 or so, I declared that I have no love for the concept of maturity, so I'll take that bullet.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think Fi could or should be discussed any further.

Then don't.

Anyway, I will add another personal instance of what I think was the use of Fi. Similar to my store manager example, I have this professor this year that I just really cannot mesh with. From the moment that I was in the same room with him...before he said or did anything at all, I had a feeling that he was not to be trusted. And I judged him then, and at all times subsequent to that, according to this feeling. It is a completely unreasonable sentiment, but I can't control when and where it happens. And once it has, it seems absurd to go against it.

Is that Fi? This kind of thing happens once every so often, and I am always mystified by it because it seems to come from nowhere.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Then don't.

Anyway, I will add another personal instance of what I think was the use of Fi. Similar to my store manager example, I have this professor this year that I just really cannot mesh with. From the moment that I was in the same room with him...before he said or did anything at all, I had a feeling that he was not to be trusted. And I judged him then, and at all times subsequent to that, according to this feeling. It is a completely unreasonable sentiment, but I can't control when and where it happens. And once it has, it seems absurd to go against it.

Is that Fi? This kind of thing happens once every so often, and I am always mystified by it because it seems to come from nowhere.

That is woman's intuition.. and every woman has it, regardless of type.

(I hope?)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Then don't.

I would say if it's an MBTI function it's Ne which can be coupled with Ti or Fi.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Haha... definitely not an old wive's tale.

It will save your life.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is woman's intuition.. and every woman has it, regardless of type.

(I hope?)

I have never experienced first-impression-like "hunches" about people before, so whether this is related to intuition or me being a woman or not....

Didums

My point was not if it was completely incomprehensible, but more so keying in on the fact that there was a difficulty in translation. Would you not agree that the more objective the terms the less difficulty in translation.

Being able to determine the cause of the difficulty in translation helps. Why is she being unclear? What can I do to explain that I am not understanding her message, and how can I explain to her a way in which she could clear up the misunderstandings, a way that I would understand what she is trying to convey? If you think she is being unclear because she is being over-emotional, then make the situation more calm and ask her to rephrase her statements, or something like that.

Also, someone could be making completely objective statements about string theory and you could still have difficulty in translating the meaning.

Edit: Over 500 posts! woot woot! Now I need to aim for 9,000...

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I have never experienced first-impression-like "hunches" about people before, so whether this is related to intuition or me being a woman or not....

Hmm.. sometimes I get first impression like hunches when I'm playing sports. Like if someone is coming up behind me, or if I sense there is a goal scoring opportunity I get this strong feeling in my gut. I used to get a similar feeling when I was younger when I sensed I was about to be punished by my parents.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Woman's intuition alerts you to danger. It is not a random hunch. Women are designed to be able to protect themselves and their young, so they are more in tune with perceived threats.

You may not have a logical reason for why that professor didn't seem to be trustworthy, but your senses picked up on something that is indicative of danger.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Heh, never? And you're ENFP, so that would preclude both Ne and Fi...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Woman's intuition alerts you to danger. It is not a random hunch. Women are designed to be able to protect themselves and their young, so they are more in tune with perceived threats.

You may not have a logical reason for why that professor didn't seem to be trustworthy, but your senses picked up on something that is indicative of danger.

You know, the only times I get these "hunches" are when I sense something negative...so you may be on to something.