• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Ask an INFP

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And you may or may not be answered. ;)

(By me or any other INFP who'd like to respond)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
What is the path to happiness and fulfillment for an INFP? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Asking for a friend.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

- - - Updated - - -

Asking for a friend.

I shall meditate on that and get back to you.

In a thousand years. ;)

To try to answer seriously, for me, it's trying my best to live in accordance with my values while also trying to let go of the disappointment that life is not ideal.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

- - - Updated - - -

Asking for a friend.

Oof I thought that was more relevant to enneagram...

...But for me, it is a cup of well-brewed coffee.

Though, with Fi dom, it makes sense to be satisfied merely with living according to one's principles. At least, I try.

- - - Updated - - -

Asking for a friend.

Well part of it is not feeling (on any level) that not following the suggested formula for happiness and fulfillment is folly. We’re bombarded by the so-called correct way to live night and day from cradle to grave and it certainly does seep into the subconscious in it’s relentless onslaught. You my find yourself at times questioning whether you failed because you didn’t get married, have children, make more money- whatever part of the roadmap you chose to ignore. It’s not that your resolve isn’t strong, it’s that the power of suggestion is screaming at you from every facet of your existence- including your own biology. Fear not intrepid square peg living in a round hole world, for you were never meant to fit neatly into the plan. We’re society’s foil, introduced into the system to ensure bland uniformity is never achieved.

At least that’s what I tell myself when falling asleep at night.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well part of it is not feeling (on any level) that not following the suggested formula for happiness and fulfillment is folly. We’re bombarded by the so-called correct way to live night and day from cradle to grave and it certainly does seep into the subconscious in it’s relentless onslaught. You my find yourself at times questioning whether you failed because you didn’t get married, have children, make more money- whatever part of the roadmap you chose to ignore. It’s not that your resolve isn’t strong, it’s that the power of suggestion is screaming at you from every facet of your existence- including your own biology. Fear not intrepid square peg living in a round hole world, for you were never meant to fit neatly into the plan. We’re society’s foil, introduced into the system to ensure bland uniformity is never achieved.

At least that’s what I tell myself when falling asleep at night.

:heart::heart::heart:

My cousin once said that I march to the beat of my own drummer. (My initial thought was it's that obvious?)

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Shakespeare, the author of Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, was an INFP! Do you agree with that?

If you don't get a response (I'm hoping you do), it's likely because we're not familiar with his biography. If anyone is, please by all means, opine. I generally don't think you can tell a type by an artist's works, but by biography.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
[MENTION=31909]Agent Washington[/MENTION]. I agree.
Are you somewhat like a literature geek?
Do You read novels a lot?
Do you love to write a story?
Do write and read poems?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
[MENTION=31909]Agent Washington[/MENTION]. I agree.
Do write and read poems?

Thanks for asking me.
I actually used to want to be a literature major, so to speak. Reading and writing would have become my life blood if I allowed it to be. But it isn't, and I'm doing another major. I find life sucks away all inspiration I've ever had, regretfully, so I can't say I indulge in creativity as much as I'd like to. Perhaps when I get better.
Richard Siken is my favourite contemporary poet so far - part of it is because a particular poem personally impressed me by describing painting - both of which I'd do if I were less exhausted. (Well, technically, painting becomes an analogy for epistemology in that poem.) I do enjoy the lessons I've taken in literary history - considering hopping over to literary history with a focus on novels if it turns out to be possible; if not, I guess I'll deal.
I prefer narratives -- in particular, novels. This isn't to say I don't find some of the poetry I've read most impactful and philosophically profound. I find literature extremely enriching - though some approaches to literary criticism, like jungian psychoanalysis for literary texts, aren't really my thing.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think. I like literature perhaps haven't indulged enough in it to be a "literature geek."
I used to but not quite so much currently
I have written some stuff in high school and undergrad for my classes
Do write and read poems?
there was a time I was really putting energy into doing this, but not so much currently

PearThyme

Can INFPs be good speakers? Like, they get into a flow once they start speaking?
(I've seen so many INFPs struggle to get their words out, but I'm wondering if I may know an INFP who's the opposite...)

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you value most in a friendship? Are you attracted to certain types more than others?