• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ shadow

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only one I've confidently "known" annoyed the shit outta me... repeatedly... and he remains --puzzlingly-- dazzled by me.

No fekkin clue why. *shrug* But what an artist!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
More social than me, better at BSing than me, better at getting what he wants and working the system than me, more practically analytical than me (and I love that aspect), more prone to wanting to play, more prone to getting bored and distracted if he doesn't have a variety of things to do, more hard-working than me--when it comes to crunch time, has a little bit of trouble with his pride getting out of control at times which can make him very "I'm the star now, get outta my spotlight", also has had trouble in the past with controlling his abilities to charm people with little effort...he uses his powers for good now.

This is from observing one ESTP. Can you tell I look up to him a bit? :)

Now. Imagine all those aspects going awry in a wild and undisciplined manner, and you would have me in the grips of my shadow.

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
Makes me be more outgoing and analytical than me. Makes me think stupid shit, and makes me bullshit a lot. Makes me think I'm on top of the world. But in the end it all collapses and burns down. People, stick to your 3 day home alone vacations and never go that route, it almost never works and you'll end up feeling like shit.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
INFJs, describe your shadow type, the ESTP.
The shadow is like the ESTP run-amok.
Here's a site that explains it:
INFJ Personality Types

"Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness,
the INFJ's shadow may appear - a negative form of ESTP.
Example characteristics are:

• acting very impulsively, making decisions without thinking them through
  • doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
  • being critical of others, and finding fault with almost everything
  • being preoccupied about unimportant details and doing things that have no meaning
  • acting in a very materialistic and selfish way
  • cutting corners, breaking the rules, and even contradicting the INFJ's own values
The shadow is part of the unconscious that is often visible to others, onto whom the shadow is projected. The INFJ may therefore readily see these faults in others without recognising it in him/her self."

Brooke

MBTI Type
infj
Makes me be more outgoing and analytical than me. Makes me think stupid shit, and makes me bullshit a lot. Makes me think I'm on top of the world. But in the end it all collapses and burns down. People, stick to your 3 day home alone vacations and never go that route, it almost never works and you'll end up feeling like shit.

*sigh* Maybe. But I'm oh so tired of staying home alone.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I enjoy the company of ESTPs. I find that our sense of humor actually has a kind of overlap. I enjoy their laid-back nature and their willingness to participate in anything that promises some kind of fun. Usually the only difference I encounter with them is that I am not a big fan of sports, and the ESTP's I know are always watching or playing a sport when at all possible. ;)

dan.yo33

MBTI Type
INFJ
More social than me, better at BSing than me, better at getting what he wants and working the system than me, more practically analytical than me (and I love that aspect), more prone to wanting to play, more prone to getting bored and distracted if he doesn't have a variety of things to do, more hard-working than me--when it comes to crunch time, has a little bit of trouble with his pride getting out of control at times which can make him very "I'm the star now, get outta my spotlight", also has had trouble in the past with controlling his abilities to charm people with little effort...he uses his powers for good now.

That sounds pretty much like what i was thinking.

Actually, once I wrote a poem in which I described "my twin" (this was before I was typed with MBTI) and I now realize that it pretty much fulfills that description.

redacted

I have two close friend ESTPs, a male and a female, and they both just act to chill out the heavy N vibe in the group of friends.

They're super chill and down to earth; they make me happy!

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
My best friend is an ESTP. And I think they are drawn to us, a little bit; they're impulsive, nagging, controlling, whiny little bitches. But oh, their imagination, their humor, the way they can make you laugh...! I actually have grown to like flaws as well~ He brings out the best of me and balances me out. And he sticks with me like few others do <3

But, if we begin to talk about my ESTP side, it's not pretty. I get irritable, analytical to the point where things and people don't seem fun anymore...impulsiveness is huge too, and it becomes really hard to do what I need to do.
I don't like my ESTP side. I'll leave the ESTPness to the actually ESTPs. It looks good on them.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when i can like an estp, i don't hate myself for contradictions and don't hold myself and everyone else to absurd standards that have to do with seeing everything thru one very specific and often unproductive lens.

i also believe wholeheartedly that being able to get the best out of everyone shows you are becoming wiser and craftier than your adolescent angsty-ness. which i have trouble letting go of... (idealism and the perfect like transcendental Idea you refuse to give up on...)