• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Obsessive types

Lotr246

Which types are more likely to become obsessed about certain things, and who stay obsessed with it for some time, until a new obsession appears? For example, reading everything they can about a certain topic, and then reading it again at some later time.

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
Which types are more likely to become obsessed about certain things, and who stay obsessed with it for some time, until a new obsession appears? For example, reading everything they can about a certain topic, and then reading it again at some later time.

Oh my! You just told my life story!

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I do, but depands on what it is. To me it sounds like everyone is obssesive about something...

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
NTPs. Maybe INFPs can be that obsessive too.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NTPs. Maybe INFPs can be that obsessive too.

xNTPs - really ?
are you projecting or is that something you've observed ?
can you tie it to funciton analysis ?

I know i am - but when the ideal is no longer ideal - :coffee:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
xNTPs - really ?
I can't seem to think of any xNTPs I've known who weren't this way. We find something interesting and completely tear it apart, get bored, and drift until we find something else, often returning to previous interests after some time has passed.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
xNTPs - really ?
are you projecting or is that something you've observed ?
can you tie it to funciton analysis ?

I know i am - but when the ideal is no longer ideal - :coffee:

Projection + Observing. All NTPs I know (I must admit I don't know many) are this way.
NTPs are analyzers and critics. They like something, and they'll try to discover, understand all of that 'something'. But once that job it's over, once it has been truly exploded... it's time to move on onto somethig new. I think Ne has a great influence, so I'd say INFPs (and therefore, ENFPs).
It's not like J types, who can (and usually are) be obsessed with something, but that obsession lasts way longer.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I can't seem to think of any xNTPs I've known who weren't this way. We find something interesting and completely tear it apart, get bored, and drift until we find something else, often returning to previous interests after some time has passed.

<- Very true.

And INFPs don't ?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
More cautious, I think. Slower in transitions. Feeling always gets in the way.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
for me, I go through phases..phases where I'll be really hooked on doing something, and then I'll come up with new ideas, and forget about the older ones..but it changes, and I guess I can be a little obsessive :p

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm obsessive. People, places, things, subjects, whatever. And my obsessions last long.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Why was this put in NF section if you want to hear from all the types? Just a random thought.