User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default My INFJ friend said that I relax him. What types relax you?

I'm an INTP female, friends with an INFJ male. Kinda intrigued by this and just wanting other people's take on it.

So, without getting into too much detail, my friend is basically a counselor and deals with people who are emotional/sad as his full time job. His girlfriend is an INFP, with severe GAD/depression and seems to be quite a handful from what I can tell. He said that me being friends with his girlfriend is good for her, she doesn't have a lot of friends and has really low self esteem/confidence and that I am a good influence essentially. We all hang out and play games sometimes, but rarely, it is just him and I. We stayed up super late last night just dicking around playing games and talking. I made him laugh for a solid five minutes at one point and he said that he really needed that and he has had a tough week. He also said a main reason he likes spending time with me is because I am one of the few people in his life who understands/respects that he is also a person with emotions, basically that I don't emotionally steamroll him. Said that I am relaxing to be around and encouraged me to do ASMR multiple times (we have talked about ASMR in the past), said that he would listen to it even though he doesn't like ASMR, that I'd be really good at it, that I'm relaxing to be around, etc.

I guess I am just intrigued by his last thought. I think the majority of people who know me (I guess I'm mostly thinking about work) would not find me relaxing. I think they would find me intimidating. But my most recent ex has said this to me before, and used to call me in the middle of the night very rarely when he was upset or stressed and he'd fall asleep on the phone talking to me and would thank me the next day. But that is basically it. So, I guess I am wondering if it is just part of our dynamic in that I am not emotionally draining that my friend perceives me this way, or am I actually a relaxing person to be around? Because that is not a word I would think to describe myself as. Guess I'm just intrigued by this, wondering other people's thoughts.

Are there any types that generally relax you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 so/sp

Si in general relaxes me spending the afternoon having tea with my SJ friends is a mental spa for me. conversation is kept light, there's this very calm comfortable atmosphere, and i enjoy their humor. with them i prefer the short story to be long, i always shake my head when they ask "should i skip the details?" etc.

i'm also very in my head so spending time with people that seem so in tune with the present moment makes me abandon myself for a little while. it is very liberating

it's an awesome quality to have so if you have this effect on your friends, it's a wonderful thing
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

NFPs. The ones who don't mind stopping to look through you and explore what lies beyond your presence. They invest themselves against your will to understand the secrets of what seems uncharted territory to everyone else. It's the relationship between what could look like a predator and its prey on the outside, but it is absolutely not that way. What could have been a prey finds amusement and comfort in exploring the predator's fangs, playfully admiring its stature, licking its wounds, and the predator cannot but fall in love with this crazy who recklessly yet amicably has broken its defenses with zero to no effort at all.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.
    Likes Yuu, Luminous, Eryn Silverfrond liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

INFP.

I find they aren’t as judgemental as most other types. I can be myself around ( most) of them and know that they aren’t going to decide everything about me from one off-day or mispspoken word.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

"These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."

Healthy INTJ’s.

They have this serene quality about them. A methodology to life that trims the fat and proceeds with quiet reliability.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

so/sxs, 95s, FPs
    ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ★
    -: ✦ :-

h n g ⊱ 9✶S✶5✶X✶2 ⊰ g h t
    -: ✦ :-
    ★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★

A Bittersweet Symphony... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP

INTP so doms are balmy for me. We seem to have a natural rhythm and seem to share a sense of humor and entertainment aesthetic.
    With all due respect,
    Eryn Silverfrond
    & Gentleman Jack

I am the Cat who walks by Himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Ne>Ni=Te>Ti
    ESFP 7w6 4w3 9w8 so/sx

Likes Hermit of the Forest liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Enneatype 9s, which I'm guessing you are. There is an innate grounding earthiness to them, and both a supportive warmth and holding space which allows for others to just "be", right there, in the moment. 9s are like anchors or rocks, roots, or sometimes even an indescribable gaseous mist.

All gut types bring me back down to Earth a little, but 9s (or 9-wingers) by far (thus far) win the gold medal.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

unsoliciting, non-clingy, chill
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

My Isfj friend and Infp friend are very relaxing to be around.